PDA

View Full Version : Bills ranked 21st

Carlton Bailey
09-06-2006, 10:21 AM
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/09/nfl-power-rankings060906.h (http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/09/nfl-power-rankings060906.html)tml (http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/09/nfl-power-rankings060906.html)

Good enough for me. I agree that if Losman plays well, the team will too. The Bills are a sleeper in my mind.

Jan Reimers
09-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Not bad. Apparently Byrne actually looked at THIS YEAR'S team, instead of feeding off of last season's debacle, as many of the "experts" have done.

Mr. Miyagi
09-06-2006, 11:01 AM
Not bad. Apparently Byrne actually looked at THIS YEAR'S team, instead of feeding off of last season's debacle, as many of the "experts" have done.
Including Peter King. He's still hanging on the "veterans wanting Holcomb" line. Apparently he's never seen Holcomb's performance (or lack thereof) this preseason.

ublinkwescore
09-06-2006, 11:05 AM
You'd think these reporters' bosses would do something about that crap - like actually visit team sites/message boards to get some kind of confirmation over stuff like "our Vets still want Holcombe" before letting their thoughtless clones make every one else dumb about it, but Oh well, let the rest of the country fail to see us coming up.

OpIv37
09-06-2006, 11:38 AM
I could see 21st at the end of the season, but right now that seems unreasonably high given the amount of question marks this team has.

R. Rich
09-06-2006, 11:43 AM
I dunno.

Some of this stuff is the typical "opinion stated as fact" crap you get from anyone else out there.

23.) New Orleans Saints - The Saints' win-loss record probably isn't going to be good this year, but watching multi-dimensional Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush is worth double the price of admission. He's going to be a star right off the bat.

Reggie is getting a ton of mileage out of one run against the Titans. I find it funny that nobody wants to praise his performance against the Cowboys (I particularly like the one play that was a mirror image of the Titans game-a run to the left where he reversed field-except for the results) or in the other games, when his stats were very pedestrian.

It could turn out that Bush is the second coming of Gale Sayers, but to say stuff like "He's going to be a star..." before he's played in one game is ridiculous.

Here's a notion: how about we watch and see what Reggie Bush becomes instead of anointing him as the greatest RB of all time? Just a thought.

Carlton Bailey
09-06-2006, 12:01 PM
I dunno.

Some of this stuff is the typical "opinion stated as fact" crap you get from anyone else out there.

Reggie is getting a ton of mileage out of one run against the Titans. I find it funny that nobody wants to praise his performance against the Cowboys (I particularly like the one play that was a mirror image of the Titans game-a run to the left where he reversed field-except for the results) or in the other games, when his stats were very pedestrian.

It could turn out that Bush is the second coming of Gale Sayers, but to say stuff like "He's going to be a star..." before he's played in one game is ridiculous.

Here's a notion: how about we watch and see what Reggie Bush becomes instead of anointing him as the greatest RB of all time? Just a thought.

Never, ever question Reggie Bush. The President's going to be one hell of a player. I can't wait to watch him in the pros.

Jan Reimers
09-06-2006, 12:08 PM
I could see 21st at the end of the season, but right now that seems unreasonably high given the amount of question marks this team has.
The thing to remember, Op, is that there are a bunch of teams with major question marks, too. We're just so close to the Bills that we see all of their flaws, and somehow think that the other teams have most of their problems solved.

Jan Reimers
09-06-2006, 12:12 PM
I dunno.

Man, do I agree. It's like annointing Brady Quinn as the next super NFL QB, then hoping that we lose all of our games so we can draft him. Talk about premature. . .