PDA

View Full Version : Bills have the lowest average Ticket price in NFL

L.A. Playa
09-06-2006, 12:17 PM
NE has the highest at $ 90 Buffalo Lowest at $ 41 if it meant saving your team would you pay and average of $10 more a ticket per game ???

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-ticketprices&prov=ap&type=lgns

Dr. Lecter
09-06-2006, 12:18 PM
I would in a heartbeat.

THATHURMANATOR
09-06-2006, 12:20 PM
NE has the highest at $ 90 Buffalo Lowest at $ 41 if it meant saving your team would you pay and average of $10 more a ticket per game ???

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-ticketprices&prov=ap&type=lgns
I would easily pay 100 dollars a ticket no problem!

G. Host
09-06-2006, 12:55 PM
How much of a guarentee is in the "save"?

OpIv37
09-06-2006, 12:56 PM
this is good news to fans.

But don't tell that to Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder or Robert Kraft- they'll just say it means Ralph isn't "maximizing revenue".

L.A. Playa
09-06-2006, 12:56 PM
who knows just a questions, seems as if alot fans would pay more money if it meant the team wouldnt move so Ralph wouldnt be able to scream economics as a reason for moving

Jeff1220
09-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Ravens charge $50-60 for Upper deck tix. I'm not sure what their premium seats are (since I'd never be able to afford them).

Pride
09-06-2006, 12:59 PM
And extra $10 to see the crap product on the field? No thank you.

Raise prices after your team starts looking like an NFL caliber team... but not a second before!

BuffaloBillsStampede
09-06-2006, 01:01 PM
I would absolutely pay an extra ten bucks a game. That's a funny name for someone who has none in his team Pride.

G. Host
09-06-2006, 01:07 PM
Ravens charge $50-60 for Upper deck tix. I'm not sure what their premium seats are (since I'd never be able to afford them).

Ravems charge between $350-$900 per season for tickets + a PSL of double or more ($700-$8,000!) the season ticket price. Ckub seats are $1,300-$3100 per season for tickets + a PSL of $2000.

No one Bills could ever sell tickets in that range although club seats are competitive.

Night Train
09-06-2006, 01:25 PM
The problem with guys like Jones, Kraft, Snyder etc. is that they try and treat Football just like another business. They're convinced the NFL could be a 15-20 team League with only the biggest markets being part of it. Then all the tickets could be priced higher and revenues would double or triple for their franchises, without having to share with smaller markets.

Then the cities who lost teams would find another team to follow and give them $$.

WRONG. I'd go buy UB tickets and watch College football exclusively. The NFL would be dead to me.

The old guard which is basically almost all gone outside of Ralph worked towards the greater good of all, when the insane TV $$ started in the 1970's. Wellington Mara of the Giants could have acted like a tyrant and told the rest of the NFL to go to hell. He didn't and saw the long term good of having multiple markets and knowing there was more than enough $$ to go around.

The new guard wants it all for themselves.

Jan Reimers
09-06-2006, 01:27 PM
I would gladly pay a great deal more to keep the Bills in Buffalo. Bills' tickets are one of the real bargains in professional sports.

The most storied franchises - including the Yankees, RedSox, Dodgers, Bruins, Red Wings, Lakers, Celtics, Cowboys, Redskins, Packers, Giants and Niners - don't always win, and sometimes go through fairly long droughts.

Fans who aren't willing to pay higher ticket prices - or stop buying tickets altogether - based on a few bad years on the field, are shortsighted and not the most loyal, in my humble opinion.

L.A. Playa
09-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Ravems charge between $350-$900 per season for tickets + a PSL of double or more ($700-$8,000!) the season ticket price. Ckub seats are $1,300-$3100 per season for tickets + a PSL of $2000.

No one Bills could ever sell tickets in that range although club seats are competitive.

Thats one thing Im sure that article doesnt take into consideration is PSL, I wonder if those amounts do not need to be shared amongst the owners, since they are not for the game just for the right to buy the ticket for the game

BAM
09-06-2006, 01:37 PM
I would pay as much as needed to go watch the Bills.

G. Host
09-06-2006, 01:39 PM
Thats one thing Im sure that article doesnt take into consideration is PSL, I wonder if those amounts do not need to be shared amongst the owners, since they are not for the game just for the right to buy the ticket for the game

PSL and other kind of one time fees do not need to be shared; this growth of unshared money was part of the issue between players union and NFL.

ublinkwescore
09-06-2006, 01:39 PM
what is PSL?

L.A. Playa
09-06-2006, 01:41 PM
what is PSL?

Personal Seat License, basically a fee they charge so you can buy tickets for the game above the cost of the tickets for the games

L.A. Playa
09-06-2006, 01:42 PM
PSL and other kind of one time fees do not need to be shared; this growth of unshared money was part of the issue between players union and NFL.

damn these owners are really making out, Buffalo does charge PSL fees for some of their seats if I remember correctly

Jan Reimers
09-06-2006, 01:46 PM
I think I pay a little over $4,200 for 4 sideline Jim Kelly Club level tickets, which I consider a bargain. If you get closer to midfield, the seat license fee (mine is $550 per ticket) goes up some, but not a lot.

While there is certainly a price which would drive me out of the market, I would be willing to pay substantially more than I am now.

G. Host
09-06-2006, 01:53 PM
damn these owners are really making out, Buffalo does charge PSL fees for some of their seats if I remember correctly

Baltimore is also tapping an exclusive relationship with several vendors making it next to impossible to buy single tickets from them. You either need to buy it via an overpriced tailgate package or via an official scalper who has their own markup. They have also put pressure on season ticket holders to sell unused by owner tickets back to official reseller saying that if they found they were selling it on "open market" they could lose their "rigjhts" to their seats.

CuseJetsFan83
09-06-2006, 01:57 PM
at syracuse univ. the tickets can range from 35-60 so it is almost the same as the bills

mybills
09-06-2006, 01:58 PM

I paid $130 for the very top nose bleed seats at Gillette the year they opened.
It was before they even won a S.B. They are trying to pay for that NEW stadium.

But yes, I would pay $10.00 more to see the Bills at the Ralph.

Jan Reimers
09-06-2006, 02:12 PM
at syracuse univ. the tickets can range from 35-60 so it is almost the same as the bills
Yeah, and the 'Cuse won one whole game last year, against UB, lost our first game this season to mighty Wake Forrest, and the Bulls ain't on the schedule this year - so I'm not sure who our annual win is coming against.

As both a longtime and bigtime fan of the Orange and the Bills, I can honestly say that Bills' games are a whole lot better experience than sitting in that stifling, unairconditioned concrete box we call the Carrier Dome.

Dr. Lecter
09-06-2006, 02:30 PM
And extra $10 to see the crap product on the field? No thank you.

Raise prices after your team starts looking like an NFL caliber team... but not a second before!

2 years ago this team was 9-7 and had one of the top defenses in the NFL.

And to say it is not NFL caliber is pretty silly. All teams have ups and downs. If you don't want to ride the wave, then there is a serious lack of understanding of the NFL and how it works.

mybills
09-06-2006, 02:31 PM
2 years ago this team was 9-7 and had one of the top defenses in the NFL.

And to say it is not NFL caliber is pretty silly. All teams have ups and downs. If you don't want to ride the wave, then there is a serious lack of understanding of the NFL and how it works.
:hi5:

Michael82
09-06-2006, 05:01 PM
I would have no problem paying another $10-15 per game. :up:

CuseJetsFan83
09-06-2006, 11:22 PM
10-15 bux more is nothing......... yeah it sucks if your gonna think in the box...... i mean hell its only 3 less beers you can drink in the stadium, just do it outside ;-)