X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Levy on Bills

Checkout the full domain details of Liquidviewer.com. Click Buy Now to instantly start the transaction or Make an offer to the seller!

Very insightful.

On Jauron: he does not try to impress anyone. I think that's an indirect shot at the previous regimes - Williams and Mularkay but right on the money. Both of them were trying to show guys I'm smarter than you or I'm tougher than you and it got to the point that it turned off players.

On offensive line: Levy thinks that it's the biggest question mark on this team. That signals to me that this is not nearly the final line that we expect to see down the road. As I posted before, I don't believe Reyes, Villarial, and Gandy are on their long term plan: two of them will be UFA next year and one is one foot into retirement. But they are the best we can put out there right now.

One interesting note: Levy said the pre-mature departure of Bledsoe last year. I STRONGLY agree to that statement. In fact, I think this is the biggest mistake Donahoe and Mularkay made last year, the 2nd of course is that they didn't stick with Losman the whole year. But without the first blunder, there won't be the 2nd one.
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Re: Levy on Bills

He's quite a fart smella!

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

He's right a good share of the time.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Statman
        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
        http://eod.liquidviewer.com/wgr-od/w...60906_marv.wma

Very insightful.

On Jauron: he does not try to impress anyone. I think that's an indirect shot at the previous regimes - Williams and Mularkay but right on the money. Both of them were trying to show guys I'm smarter than you or I'm tougher than you and it got to the point that it turned off players.

On offensive line: Levy thinks that it's the biggest question mark on this team. That signals to me that this is not nearly the final line that we expect to see down the road. As I posted before, I don't believe Reyes, Villarial, and Gandy are on their long term plan: two of them will be UFA next year and one is one foot into retirement. But they are the best we can put out there right now.

One interesting note: Levy said the pre-mature departure of Bledsoe last year. I STRONGLY agree to that statement. In fact, I think this is the biggest mistake Donahoe and Mularkay made last year, the 2nd of course is that they didn't stick with Losman the whole year. But without the first blunder, there won't be the 2nd one.
        On Jauron: Who cares? Do you? Is whether or not he is out to impress anyone important? I'm sure he wasn't trying to impress anyone in Chicago or in Detroit last season either. What was he doing in Chicago? Detroit? People said the same things about Donahoe. He didn't want his picture on the site. He was humble. He didn't like limelight. Doesn't sound as if he was out to impress anyone to me. I get the impression that Levy's out to impress the world now as a GM to add to his Hall of Fame coaching status.

On offensive line: Then why didn't they move to get some talent there? Are Butler, Pennington, Preston, and Merz part of the long-term plan? If not, then there isn't anyone on the roster that is besides Peters.

On Bledsoe: He'd have 60 sacks behind this line. Let's see how he does for his second season in Dallas this year. He cost them several games last year and therefore a playoff spot since they missed by a game.

One of these years I'd just like to hear about how our players are ready to kick the **** out of opposing teams' players.
        Facts speak louder than opinions

Comment

• Jeff1220
          H to the 12:20
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Statman
          On Jauron: Who cares? Do you? Is whether or not he is out to impress anyone important? I'm sure he wasn't trying to impress anyone in Chicago or in Detroit last season either. What was he doing in Chicago? Detroit? People said the same things about Donahoe. He didn't want his picture on the site. He was humble. He didn't like limelight. Doesn't sound as if he was out to impress anyone to me. I get the impression that Levy's out to impress the world now as a GM to add to his Hall of Fame coaching status.

How can you say TD didn't like the limelight? The guy loved being Mr. Headline. That's why he always went after glamorious positions and players than the ones that would put together a consistantly solid team. That's why he talked out of his rear end to the media implying he's the smartest GM in the game who just dupes all the other sorry FO guys. He was a GM, then a TV guy, then a GM again. Anyone who goes on TV for a living has a thing for the limelight. Then he used those media contacts to perpetuate the notion that he's Mr. Genius GM.
          Mularkey always liked to make attempts at showing the league that he was smarter than the rest of them by running ill-timed gadget plays and other illl-advised combinations. They rarely worked. Williams and Mularkey rarely admitted to poor game management and would often put the blame on the players.

Both GM and HC worked in these ways and eventually lost the team's trust, confidence and loyalty...completely. Having a guy who won't do those things is a start. The short of it is, I disagree w/ you here.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

"Just sit up in the box and look wise."

Classic Marv.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Levy said the pre-mature departure of Bledsoe last year.

That set back JP's development more than anything, IMO. Said it from day one, and maintain it to this day.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                Maybe?
                • Oct 2003

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
                Lost me on this one (couldn't get the audio working so I can't check). Did he say TD got rid of Dredsoe too soon or too late? If the latter, I completely agree. If the former then Marv needs to take more Geritol.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                  Lost me on this one (couldn't get the audio working so I can't check). Did he say TD got rid of Dredsoe too soon or too late? If the latter, I completely agree. If the former then Marv needs to take more Geritol.
                  premature means too early....and let go of the blind hatred...I would've rather tried to follow a McNair model rather than the kerk-around your developing QB method
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
                    premature means too early....and let go of the blind hatred...I would've rather tried to follow a McNair model rather than the kerk-around your developing QB method
                    I know what premature means and let go of your Drewlicker Lolipop (tm)

While I know hindsight is 20/20, it was a mistake to bring him here. We lost 3 years, a #1 pick and over $21M for a lame duck QB. TD had the chance to cut him loose after it was obvious he sucked after '03, but kept him on one more year. I don't blame TD for getting him here (I was initially on board) but I do blame him for hanging on too long and not admitting the mistake.

Comment

• Voltron
                      • Jul 2002

The thing I love about Marv as a GM is he doesn't try and hide his feelings about anything. Donahoe would always say only good things and never really call any one out. Marv came right out and called out the O-line and said they have to prove themselves. That right there means he has already had that conversation with the O-line and they agreed to take on the big responsibility. They have chosen to be taken to task and have not passed the buck like players sometimes do. I still think they will lose more than they will win but for the first time in years I feel confident the team is turned in the right direction. I only worry it is too late.
                      Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                      - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                      -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                      - Mark Twain

Comment

• Voltron
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                        I know what premature means and let go of your Drewlicker Lolipop (tm)

While I know hindsight is 20/20, it was a mistake to bring him here. We lost 3 years, a #1 pick and over $21M for a lame duck QB. TD had the chance to cut him loose after it was obvious he sucked after '03, but kept him on one more year. I don't blame TD for getting him here (I was initially on board) but I do blame him for hanging on too long and not admitting the mistake.
                        The biggest mistake was bringing in a knowen lead foot and try to pass off that roll of wet toilet paper as a line. Hey if you want the gunslinger you have to get him some protection. TD did nothing about it for 5 years.
                        Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                        - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                        -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                        - Mark Twain

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

One game. One piss poor game played by the entire team against the Steeler JV's and we're 9-7, sitting at home instead of 10-6 and in the playoffs.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Meathead
                            Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                            • Jul 2002

worst choke in buffalo bills history
                            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• ~CHIEF~
                              ~ I'm A Hustler ~
                              • Aug 2006