PDA

View Full Version : Bills lack team speed

Buffarama
02-24-2003, 09:17 PM
We need more speed at WR, HB, LB, and DB. We have no flat out burners. Almost everyone besides Price maybe is normal to fast, but does not have blazing speed.

venis2k1
02-24-2003, 09:20 PM
"Nasty" Nate is pretty fast.

TigerJ
02-24-2003, 10:29 PM
I agree Buffalo doesn't have any guys with really BLAZING speed.
The do have some players with good speed. PP has good speed if he remains a Bill. So do both starting CBs, Clements and Winfield. Even Travis Henry has good speed for a RB. He runs a sub 4.5 40 I think. London Fletcher has good speed for a LB. Then there's Eddie "juked by Pennington" Robinson, Kendrik "stay at home" Office, Jay "Paid like a star, Plays like a scrub" Remiersma, and others who are way toos slow. Some, if not all have worn out their welcome and will be departing Buffalo before September.

Fatwhite02
02-24-2003, 11:32 PM
I like the knicknames, and we do need more team speed, we could especially use a 3rd down back and a speedy 3rd wide if PP leaves

TigerJ
02-25-2003, 08:12 AM
Yeah, I agree that if TD trades away PP we need to replace speed with speed. Buffalo did sign two speedy free agents at RB. Demond Parker is one. I can't remember the other. Are they so bad that everyone is discounting them?

colin
02-25-2003, 10:58 AM
Many big over the middle #1 WRs are fairly slow, Moulds is fast enough to burn people. A third down back and a speedy #3 and we are set for speed on O.

We need a safety, 2 or 3 D linemen, and 2 new outside LBs on D.

WG
02-25-2003, 12:23 PM
I agree w/ colin on Moulds. Price is one of the fastest players in the league. Reed is fast however based on what I saw. Nothin' blazin', but who is. There's a handful of players with blazing speed, that's it. Speed goes w/ age too. As these players get older, they're better off if they can run routes well, cover well, or whatever too.

Speed only helps if players have other talents. Deion built a career out of speed. He was a horrible cover CB who often got lost/burned. His asset was his speed which allowed him to close like few we've ever seen. That wasn't talent, it was speed, purely. Once he got past his prime, he was next to worthless.

SoCalBillsFan
02-25-2003, 01:33 PM
wys- your PM box is full! mind clearing me a spot? :D

Pride
02-25-2003, 02:58 PM
somebody beggin for ZB's

Kinda pathetic how all of these people are beggin like there is no tomorrow.

Bufftp
02-25-2003, 03:10 PM
I just want speed on the D! O is ok for now.