• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

I'm nervous about this season..

Last year, there was no pressure on these guys..AT ALL. Nothing was really expected from them outside of the coaching staff. Sure we want them to win but everyone thought, what can we expect from a bunch of young kids. They sure surprised all of us. But now, all the pressure in the world is riding on their backs.. and that really sucks. We'll be good this year, I just dont think it will compare to last year though as bad as it sucks to say that.

but, GO SABRES!!
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.
  • pyrrhonist
    • Sep 2003

Re: I'm nervous about this season..

Don't take this the wrong way, JD, but this is one of your best posts ever.

Well said.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
      Last year, there was no pressure on these guys..AT ALL. Nothing was really expected from them outside of the coaching staff. Sure we want them to win but everyone thought, what can we expect from a bunch of young kids. They sure surprised all of us. But now, all the pressure in the world is riding on their backs.. and that really sucks. We'll be good this year, I just dont think it will compare to last year though as bad as it sucks to say that.

but, GO SABRES!!
      I definitely feel the same way and I'm kind of anxious how this team responds to being one of the favorites. Hopefully they don't melt under the pressure like our other sports team seems to do when big things are expected from them.

Comment

• LABillsFan
        • Aug 2002

The excitement of last year will be replaced with expectation this year. That combined with another (sorry to say) dismal year for the Bills, Sabres fans will be wanting even more, hopefully the Sabres can take it 2 steps farther.
        I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• SkateZilla
          • Dec 2002

Thats why we let Grier and McKee Go,

the Sports Writers Believe We cant play without them, so nothing is expected of them once again :),

Skate Zilla
          -----------------------
          Skate Zilla HD Studios:
          SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

we'll be fine.we may not finish better than last years record but i think that it'll be a different story come playoff time.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
            X