Finally! A media guy who isn't Miami-biased!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Finally! A media guy who isn't Miami-biased!

13. Miami Dolphins - Come on. You don't really believe all this Super Bowl talk, do you? Their six-game winning streak last year came against four completely worthless squads and a Patriots team that played its third stringers. The offense will be improved, but I'm not sold on Daunte's Miracle just yet and the Fish are at least a year from truly contending.
    Damn right!

And on to the Bills:

23. Buffalo Bills - Consider me the captain of the Willis McGahee bandwagon. If J.P. Losman develops at all, the offense won't be bad, and some serious defensive upgrades (welcome back, Takeo) should keep the Wings in more games this year.
    That's a fair assessment I'd say.

Fanball is a daily fantasy sports platform. Compete against friends or strangers in various contest formats for fun or for prizes.
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: Finally! A media guy who isn't Miami-biased!

Another gem:

31. Tenessee Titans - Is it just me, or does Vince Young throw almost exactly like Napoleon Dynamite's Uncle Rico? If he's as accurate throwing footballs as Rico is tossing T-bones, the Titans will be in good hands.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Jason Whitlock on PTI said he likes Miami but thinks Culpepper will bomb. Doesn't buy him at all.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
        • Mar 2004

lol, more classic examples of when the media are hard nosed experts when they have something bad to say about a rival, and something positive to say on one's own team. Good stuff.

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
          Another gem:

I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
            Registered Fish
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
            Damn right!

And on to the Bills:

That's a fair assessment I'd say.

http://www.fanball.com/fb/article.cfm/ID.7533/Football
            He puts the Fins at 13. That is near where most major publications put them. How is he any different? I think 9 or 10 is more accurate. I would put them ahead of Wash, KC, and NYG, but they are all close to one another. One year away from contending is not unrealistic. All the teams ranked between 8 and 13 have questions:

SD - Is Rivers ready
            NYG - Manning ready for the next step?
            Cincy - Palmer's health
            Wash - Brunell's age and Portis' health
            KC - OL issues and will the defense finally show up
            Miami - Culpepper's health, new secondary

I think 23 is a more accurate ranking for the Bills than some publications that I have seen.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

You know, the title of this thread begs the question:

Does EVERYONE ELSE ON THE PLANET have a pro-Miami bias, or do us Bills fans have an anti-Miami bias?

I don't think Miami is Super Bowl-bound, but I suspect they'll compete for a wild card.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Faulk has the fins winning the AFC while someone on NFLN picked Miami as the most hyped team.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Patrick76777
                  • Jul 2002

The thing with the Bills is that 7 of their games are against teams ranked 20 and below on that list. Better yet, 6 are ranked 25 or lower.

We could do alright here.
                  Resign our own guys!

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                    The thing with the Bills is that 7 of their games are against teams ranked 20 and below on that list. Better yet, 6 are ranked 25 or lower.

We could do alright here.
                    yeah, but the Bills are also ranked below 20 on that list, so the other teams are looking at us as one of those easy games as well. The door swings both ways.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
                      Registered Fish
                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      You know, the title of this thread begs the question:

Does EVERYONE ELSE ON THE PLANET have a pro-Miami bias, or do us Bills fans have an anti-Miami bias?

I don't think Miami is Super Bowl-bound, but I suspect they'll compete for a wild card.
                      Agreed.

OTOH, the NFL is so competitive that the difference between 11-5 and playoff bound and 9-7 and watching the playoffs is very, very small.

In 2003, a much less talented Miami team went 10-6 and missed the playoffs because they lost to Houston in week 1. You just never know.

How else do you explain the Fins beating Denver, SD, and Carolina (combined 33 wins) last season but losing to Cleveland, Buffalo, and the Jets (combined 15 wins)? Last year the Fins could have been anywhere from 7-9 to 13-3. This year the same is probably true.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        yeah, but the Bills are also ranked below 20 on that list, so the other teams are looking at us as one of those easy games as well. The door swings both ways.

Yeah I know.

I've been telling people that with our Schedule, if we were an average team we'd have a great record this year. Too bad we're probably not going to be an average team.

But, YOU NEVER KNOW!
                        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

"Their six-game winning streak last year came against four completely worthless squads and a Patriots team that played its third stringers."

I was wondering when someone was going to mention this. I have Miami as one of the most overrated teams this year. Finally "NFL morning drive" started recognizing that there maybe a little too much hype surrounding this team. They said the OL looks preety bad and Culpepper needs to be able to stay in the pocket. They also mentioned the Thursday Night game kind of screwed up there full season preparation in the front office.

I can see this team finishing with the same record as Buffalo.

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
                            Registered Fish
                            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            "Their six-game winning streak last year came against four completely worthless squads and a Patriots team that played its third stringers."

I was wondering when someone was going to mention this. I have Miami as one of the most overrated teams this year. Finally "NFL morning drive" started recognizing that there maybe a little too much hype surrounding this team. They said the OL looks preety bad and Culpepper needs to be able to stay in the pocket. They also mentioned the Thursday Night game kind of screwed up there full season preparation in the front office.

I can see this team finishing with the same record as Buffalo.
                            You left out the road game in SD, why is that? Also, the Bills had the same chance in the last game of 2004, what happened there? You also neglected to mention that the Fins had already beaten Denver and Carolina.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              Finally "NFL morning drive" started recognizing that there maybe a little too much hype surrounding this team. They said the OL looks preety bad and Culpepper needs to be able to stay in the pocket. They also mentioned the Thursday Night game kind of screwed up there full season preparation in the front office.
                              They also mentioned that Culpepper hasn't played in a real game that counts for a long time, and the last time he did was the beginning of last season with the Vikes before his injury, he looked HORRIBLE.

Comment

Working...
                              X