PDA

View Full Version : Finally! A media guy who isn't Miami-biased!

Mr. Miyagi
09-06-2006, 11:32 PM
13. Miami Dolphins - Come on. You don't really believe all this Super Bowl talk, do you? Their six-game winning streak last year came against four completely worthless squads and a Patriots team that played its third stringers. The offense will be improved, but I'm not sold on Daunte's Miracle just yet and the Fish are at least a year from truly contending.

Damn right! :bf1:

And on to the Bills:

23. Buffalo Bills - Consider me the captain of the Willis McGahee bandwagon. If J.P. Losman develops at all, the offense won't be bad, and some serious defensive upgrades (welcome back, Takeo) should keep the Wings in more games this year.

That's a fair assessment I'd say. :up:

http://www.fanball.com/fb/article.cfm/ID.7533/Football

Mr. Miyagi
09-06-2006, 11:36 PM
Another gem:

31. Tenessee Titans - Is it just me, or does Vince Young throw almost exactly like Napoleon Dynamite's Uncle Rico? If he's as accurate throwing footballs as Rico is tossing T-bones, the Titans will be in good hands.
:spit:

Night Train
09-07-2006, 01:51 AM
Jason Whitlock on PTI said he likes Miami but thinks Culpepper will bomb. Doesn't buy him at all.

!Papacrunk!
09-07-2006, 07:40 AM
lol, more classic examples of when the media are hard nosed experts when they have something bad to say about a rival, and something positive to say on one's own team. Good stuff.

mybills
09-07-2006, 07:44 AM
Another gem:

:spit:
:snicker:

FinFaninBuffalo
09-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Damn right! :bf1:

And on to the Bills:

That's a fair assessment I'd say. :up:

http://www.fanball.com/fb/article.cfm/ID.7533/Football

He puts the Fins at 13. That is near where most major publications put them. How is he any different? I think 9 or 10 is more accurate. I would put them ahead of Wash, KC, and NYG, but they are all close to one another. One year away from contending is not unrealistic. All the teams ranked between 8 and 13 have questions:

SD - Is Rivers ready
NYG - Manning ready for the next step?
Cincy - Palmer's health
Wash - Brunell's age and Portis' health
KC - OL issues and will the defense finally show up
Miami - Culpepper's health, new secondary

I think 23 is a more accurate ranking for the Bills than some publications that I have seen.

OpIv37
09-07-2006, 08:33 AM
You know, the title of this thread begs the question:

Does EVERYONE ELSE ON THE PLANET have a pro-Miami bias, or do us Bills fans have an anti-Miami bias?

I don't think Miami is Super Bowl-bound, but I suspect they'll compete for a wild card.

justasportsfan
09-07-2006, 08:38 AM
Faulk has the fins winning the AFC while someone on NFLN picked Miami as the most hyped team.

Patrick76777
09-07-2006, 08:50 AM
The thing with the Bills is that 7 of their games are against teams ranked 20 and below on that list. Better yet, 6 are ranked 25 or lower.

We could do alright here.

OpIv37
09-07-2006, 08:53 AM
The thing with the Bills is that 7 of their games are against teams ranked 20 and below on that list. Better yet, 6 are ranked 25 or lower.

We could do alright here.

yeah, but the Bills are also ranked below 20 on that list, so the other teams are looking at us as one of those easy games as well. The door swings both ways.

FinFaninBuffalo
09-07-2006, 08:55 AM
You know, the title of this thread begs the question:

Does EVERYONE ELSE ON THE PLANET have a pro-Miami bias, or do us Bills fans have an anti-Miami bias?

I don't think Miami is Super Bowl-bound, but I suspect they'll compete for a wild card.
Agreed.

OTOH, the NFL is so competitive that the difference between 11-5 and playoff bound and 9-7 and watching the playoffs is very, very small.

In 2003, a much less talented Miami team went 10-6 and missed the playoffs because they lost to Houston in week 1. You just never know.

How else do you explain the Fins beating Denver, SD, and Carolina (combined 33 wins) last season but losing to Cleveland, Buffalo, and the Jets (combined 15 wins)? Last year the Fins could have been anywhere from 7-9 to 13-3. This year the same is probably true.

Patrick76777
09-07-2006, 08:55 AM
yeah, but the Bills are also ranked below 20 on that list, so the other teams are looking at us as one of those easy games as well. The door swings both ways.

Yeah I know.

I've been telling people that with our Schedule, if we were an average team we'd have a great record this year. Too bad we're probably not going to be an average team.

But, YOU NEVER KNOW!

HHURRICANE
09-07-2006, 08:59 AM
"Their six-game winning streak last year came against four completely worthless squads and a Patriots team that played its third stringers."

I was wondering when someone was going to mention this. I have Miami as one of the most overrated teams this year. Finally "NFL morning drive" started recognizing that there maybe a little too much hype surrounding this team. They said the OL looks preety bad and Culpepper needs to be able to stay in the pocket. They also mentioned the Thursday Night game kind of screwed up there full season preparation in the front office.

I can see this team finishing with the same record as Buffalo.

FinFaninBuffalo
09-07-2006, 09:41 AM
"Their six-game winning streak last year came against four completely worthless squads and a Patriots team that played its third stringers."

I was wondering when someone was going to mention this. I have Miami as one of the most overrated teams this year. Finally "NFL morning drive" started recognizing that there maybe a little too much hype surrounding this team. They said the OL looks preety bad and Culpepper needs to be able to stay in the pocket. They also mentioned the Thursday Night game kind of screwed up there full season preparation in the front office.

You left out the road game in SD, why is that? Also, the Bills had the same chance in the last game of 2004, what happened there? You also neglected to mention that the Fins had already beaten Denver and Carolina.

Mr. Miyagi
09-07-2006, 10:23 AM
Finally "NFL morning drive" started recognizing that there maybe a little too much hype surrounding this team. They said the OL looks preety bad and Culpepper needs to be able to stay in the pocket. They also mentioned the Thursday Night game kind of screwed up there full season preparation in the front office.
They also mentioned that Culpepper hasn't played in a real game that counts for a long time, and the last time he did was the beginning of last season with the Vikes before his injury, he looked HORRIBLE.

ublinkwescore
09-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Yeah I know.

I've been telling people that with our Schedule, if we were an average team we'd have a great record this year. Too bad we're probably not going to be an average team.

But, YOU NEVER KNOW!

I disagree, I think we just moved back up into average status...

Hopefully by season's end, we'll be looking more and more elite.

Mr. Miyagi
09-07-2006, 10:50 AM
I disagree, I think we just moved back up into average status...

Hopefully by season's end, we'll be looking more and more elite.
At the beginning of last season, nobody gave the Bears or the Giants the time of day either. They were all ranked under 25. In this league of parity, no one team will stay down very long. Remember when Carolina went 2-14 just a few years ago? Super Bowl contender now.

ublinkwescore
09-07-2006, 10:53 AM
At the beginning of last season, nobody gave the Bears or the Giants the time of day either. They were all ranked under 25. In this league of parity, no one team will stay down very long. Remember when Carolina went 2-14 just a few years ago? Super Bowl contender now.

That same year that we went 3-13 with GW - and one of our wins happened to come against that very same Panthers squad.

ublinkwescore
09-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Brandon Spoon had a great game - I wonder what ever happened to him.

HHURRICANE
09-07-2006, 11:02 AM
You left out the road game in SD, why is that? Also, the Bills had the same chance in the last game of 2004, what happened there? You also neglected to mention that the Fins had already beaten Denver and Carolina.

I left out the loss (shutout) at Cleveland too. Your point?!

FinFaninBuffalo
09-07-2006, 11:25 AM
I left out the loss (shutout) at Cleveland too. Your point?!

The point is that they finished at 9-7 and have taken steps to improve. Predictions of 10-6 or better are not unrealistic.

FinFaninBuffalo
09-07-2006, 11:29 AM
They also mentioned that Culpepper hasn't played in a real game that counts for a long time, and the last time he did was the beginning of last season with the Vikes before his injury, he looked HORRIBLE.

Here are Culpepper's numbers from his last start:

D.Culpepper 23-31 for 280 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 41 yards rushing.

I'll take that horrible.

feelthepain
09-07-2006, 11:31 AM

Miami played three division rivals and the SD Chargers in their final 6 games. No matter what excuse you have this week, division rivals are division rivals. Example: I'm sure "YOU" along with quite a few other homers here believe that the Bills can win Sunday against the Pats!! How can you believe this if it's obvious the Pats are 10 times better then the Bills?? Why even play the game?? I guess when the Bills are the under dogs they can win any game, but if any other team is an underdog they have no chance to win...typical double standard that always seems to benefit the Bills and their fans!!

You also forget that Miami did something they haven't done in a very long time and that is go undefeated in December, thanks to Saban. As if that weren't enough, Miami had a rookie HC an new OC and DC and new QB and RB. The six game winnig streak also involved a backup QB. There was a whole lot to overcome during that winning streak, like the mentality of losing late in the season that they'd learned to do under DW, that mentality is harder to overcome then finding the right talent to compete with.

Saban isn't just adding the talent to compete with by adding the coaching staff and personell, but he's bringing in a winning attitude. You'll bend over backwards to put a positive spin on everything JP is doing, but you see nothing but the records of the six teams Miami had their winning streak against last year. By doing this you lose all credibility because you don't want the facts to cloud your bias opinion.

North_Coast
09-07-2006, 11:34 AM

I'll take that horrible.

Sorry, but those aren't his numbers from his last start (ie, the one he was injured in). The injury happened early in the game. I think he had only thrown 3 or 4 passes before he was injured on a running play.

HHURRICANE
09-07-2006, 11:37 AM
The point is that they finished at 9-7 and have taken steps to improve. Predictions of 10-6 or better are not unrealistic.

Dude, totally agree. If I knew the outcome I wouldn't be working for a living. Opinions are like *******s, everybody's got one. However, my opinion is that Miami is overrated by the media. I think 9-7 or 8-8 is where they'll end up. The Bills will be 7-9 or 8-8.

don137
09-07-2006, 11:40 AM
I think some in the media are way overhyping the Dolphins thinking they are contenders. I think they are indeed better than last year but they face a more difficult schedule this year. The AFC East is a weak division right now. Who ever makes the playoffs from the East will be a pretender and not a contender.
I think Culpepper has shown some signs of improvement over last year just like Losman however that was pre-season. The proof will be on Sunday's for now on for both QBs.

Gunzlingr
09-07-2006, 11:45 AM

I'll take that horrible.

Might what to look at the big picture and his stats from last season:

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg1 vAlign=top><TH>Year</TH><TH>Team</TH><TH>G</TH><TH>GS</TH><TH>Att</TH><TH>Comp</TH><TH>Pct</TH><TH>Yards</TH><TH>YPA</TH><TH>Lg</TH><TH>TD</TH><TH>Int</TH><TH>Tkld</TH><TH>20+</TH><TH>40+</TH><TH>Rate</TH></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2><TD>2005</TD><TD>MN </TD><TD>7</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>216</TD><TD>139</TD><TD>64.4</TD><TD>1564</TD><TD>7.24</TD><TD>68</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>31/169</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>72.0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That doesn't take into account his fumbles either.

OpIv37
09-07-2006, 11:45 AM

I agree.

As a Bills fan, it's always fun to watch the Fish crash and burn like they did in 04. The Fish seem to be one of those teams that is never really 3-13 bad- a bad season for them is flirting with 500.

But I don't see 04 repeating itself this year. The Fish have question marks at QB but it's still more stable than it was last year. Ronnie Brown is fine at RB even without the pot-head. Mularkey might be a liability but Saban will keep him in check. Bennie Anderson, on the other hand- just don't be surprised when he gets a 10 yard penalty to take the team out of field goal range when they're losing by 2 and there's 35 seconds left on the clock.

Anyway, I don't think the Dolphins are going to the Super Bowl, but I think they'll definitely be in the wild card hunt and, with NE looking weaker, they have an outside shot at the division title.

HHURRICANE
09-07-2006, 11:55 AM
Saban isn't just adding the talent to compete with by adding the coaching staff and personell, but he's bringing in a winning attitude. You'll bend over backwards to put a positive spin on everything JP is doing, but you see nothing but the records of the six teams Miami had their winning streak against last year. By doing this you lose all credibility because you don't want the facts to cloud your bias opinion.

First off, Miami is a better team than Buffalo. Saban is a great coach. I'm a realist and I would certainly, if pressed, pick miami to finish better than Buffalo. But Miami played worse than their 9-7 record showed. I have been consistent with this.

I think your the one that needs to take the "homer" glasses off. Your OL is still very questionable. I think your DL is the oldest in the league. Your secondary got expoited last year and I don't see any major improvements there. You have MM as your offensive coordinator. This is the equivalent of us last year thinking Bennie Anderson was underrated and was going to really improve our OL. You don't have Ricky Williams.

Look, Daunte is an upgrade for sure and your passing attack will be much better and Saban is a fine coach. But I'm not really believing that the Dolphins are a playoff team. I would bet money that NE wins the division which put Miami looking even at 10-6 potentially not making the playoffs.

feelthepain
09-07-2006, 12:24 PM
Your OL is still very questionable. I think your DL is the oldest in the league. Your secondary got expoited last year and I don't see any major improvements there. You have MM as your offensive coordinator. This is the equivalent of us last year thinking Bennie Anderson was underrated and was going to really improve our OL. You don't have Ricky Williams.

Gee the last time I checked, Saban is an NFL HC and he's also won a National Championship, in other words he knows just a little about football! So what you're trying to say is "your opinion" of the stiuation in Miami is much more reliable and knowledgeable then Sabans?? If I'm not mistaken Saban is the one that's putting this team together and he's the one that brought in Bennie Anderson, Mike Mularkey and the rest of the Oline, Saban also put together a much faster secondary then least year with far better tacklers then we had last year, but in "your expert opinion" all of this is what??? Not that good?? But better then Buffalo???

Wow I seriously doubt you know a damn thing about the NFL. You have MM for two seasons and B.Anderson for one season and you're some kinda expert on their value??? Gosh I didn't know if you can't succeed in Buffalo, you can't succeed anywhere, but thnks for sharing your closed minded opinion...I guess. I think I can sleep very well at night knowing you disagree with Sabans decisions. It also seems most of the "experts" in the NFL also think Saban is on the right track, but you keep your opinion, here's a tip though, theres a reason why you aren't being paid for your opinion on the roster moves around the NFL.

RedEyE
09-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Gee the last time I checked, Saban is an NFL HC and he's also won a National Championship, in other words he knows just a little about football! So what you're trying to say is "your opinion" of the stiuation in Miami is much more reliable and knowledgeable then Sabans?? If I'm not mistaken Saban is the one that's putting this team together and he's the one that brought in Bennie Anderson, Mike Mularkey and the rest of the Oline, Saban also put together a much faster secondary then least year with far better tacklers then we had last year, but in "your expert opinion" all of this is what??? Not that good?? But better then Buffalo???

Wow I seriously doubt you know a damn thing about the NFL. You have MM for two seasons and B.Anderson for one season and you're some kinda expert on their value??? Gosh I didn't know if you can't succeed in Buffalo, you can't succeed anywhere, but thnks for sharing your closed minded opinion...I guess. I think I can sleep very well at night knowing you disagree with Sabans decisions. It also seems most of the "experts" in the NFL also think Saban is on the right track, but you keep your opinion, here's a tip though, theres a reason why you aren't being paid for your opinion on the roster moves around the NFL.

TOS be damned. You're an idiot.

THATHURMANATOR
09-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Again Miami should be a solid team. I am not going to get into an argument here.

THATHURMANATOR
09-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Again Miami should be a solid team. I am not going to get into an argument here.

justasportsfan
09-07-2006, 12:45 PM
By doing this you lose all credibility because you don't want the facts to cloud your bias opinion.

:rofl:

justasportsfan
09-07-2006, 12:46 PM
:posrep:

Mr. Miyagi
09-07-2006, 12:54 PM
Nick Saban can kiss my ass.

He has done nothing in the NFL other than going 3-7 before barely winning 6 games against teams with bad records and a NE team with 3rd stringers. Some fricking genius.

Sure he won National Championships - in college. Yeah so did Steve Spurrier. Nuff said.

Saban is getting too much hype and credit than he deserves thus far. He has proven nothing.

HHURRICANE
09-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Gee the last time I checked, Saban is an NFL HC and he's also won a National Championship,

1) Steve Spurrier and Pete Carrol have national championships too. That means very little in the NFL but I ALREADY STATED THAT I THINK HE'S A GOOD COACH.

2) Hmmm, if Bennie Anderson couldn't make it on our crappy line that can't beig saying too much about his ability. And yes, after watching MM stink it up for 2 years with his ridiculous play calling I think my opinion counts for something.

3) If I didn't have valid points I don't think you'd be getting so worked up. What color Kool-aid are you drinking today?

Take a valium and prove me wrong at the end of the year. You've got a chance at a win tonight with Big Ben out. We'll know in 6 hours how good your team is.

justasportsfan
09-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Nick Saban can kiss my ass.

He has done nothing in the NFL other than going 3-7 before barely winning 6 games against teams with bad records and a NE team with 3rd stringers. Some fricking genius.

Sure he won National Championships - in college. Yeah so did Steve Spurrier. Nuff said.

Saban is getting too much hype and credit than he deserves thus far. He has proven nothing.

Saban's D was torched by Moolarkey's O which is why NIctator hired him. :snicker:

Saban is as proven as Moolarkey. Both had 9-7 in their first year and while Saban has a 6 game winning streak, Malarkey had 7. :D

Mr. Miyagi
09-07-2006, 01:02 PM
Saban's D was torched by Moolarkey's O which is why NIctator hired him. :snicker:

Saban is as proven as Moolarkey. Both had 9-7 in their first year and while Saban has a 6 game winning streak, Malarkey had 7. :D
If you can't beat them, join them?

justasportsfan
09-07-2006, 01:06 PM
If you can't beat them, join them?

Moolarkey was 1-1 against Nictator. He could've swept the nazzi if he didn't blow that 21 pt. lead. :idunno:

HHURRICANE
09-07-2006, 01:12 PM
Moolarkey was 1-1 against Nictator. He could've swept the nazzi if he didn't blow that 21 pt. lead. :idunno:

He was scared. That's why he left because one of his kids heard bad thing being said about his Dad. What a pussy!! I hope he does a reverse-flea flicker-big ben-hook and ladder that get's fumbled for a TD when we play them!!

I'll tell you, out of all the coaches we've had Hank Bullough and Gregg Williams included I hate this puss the most. Man he sucked.

FinFaninBuffalo
09-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Might what to look at the big picture and his stats from last season:

<table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bg1" valign="top"><th>Year</th><th>Team</th><th>G</th><th>GS</th><th>Att</th><th>Comp</th><th>Pct</th><th>Yards</th><th>YPA</th><th>Lg</th><th>TD</th><th>Int</th><th>Tkld</th><th>20+</th><th>40+</th><th>Rate</th></tr></tbody></table>
<table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bg2"><td>2005</td><td>MN </td><td>7</td><td>7</td><td>216</td><td>139</td><td>64.4</td><td>1564</td><td>7.24</td><td>68</td><td>6</td><td>12</td><td>31/169</td><td>16</td><td>2</td><td>72.0</td></tr></tbody></table>

That doesn't take into account his fumbles either.

Yes, but the quote was about the last meaningful GAME he played in. You want to include more, fine. Include his whole career.

FinFaninBuffalo
09-07-2006, 01:28 PM
I agree.

As a Bills fan, it's always fun to watch the Fish crash and burn like they did in 04. The Fish seem to be one of those teams that is never really 3-13 bad- a bad season for them is flirting with 500.

But I don't see 04 repeating itself this year. The Fish have question marks at QB but it's still more stable than it was last year. Ronnie Brown is fine at RB even without the pot-head. Mularkey might be a liability but Saban will keep him in check. Bennie Anderson, on the other hand- just don't be surprised when he gets a 10 yard penalty to take the team out of field goal range when they're losing by 2 and there's 35 seconds left on the clock.

Anyway, I don't think the Dolphins are going to the Super Bowl, but I think they'll definitely be in the wild card hunt and, with NE looking weaker, they have an outside shot at the division title.

Agreed. You have to favor NE until the get knocked out. I could easily see the Fins going 10-6 and missing the playoffs. 11-5 should get them in. The AFC will be tough this year.

Mr. Miyagi
09-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Yes, but the quote was about the last meaningful GAME he played in. You want to include more, fine. Include his whole career.
No it wasn't. It was Pat Kirwin on Sirius NFL Radio this morning. He was referring to the way Culpepper was playing before his injury last season, which included more than his last game.

If I had misquoted him earlier, my bad.

justasportsfan
09-07-2006, 01:32 PM

fumbled as much as the no. of games he's played in :D. I hope the mofo gets blitzed every down. We'll see how well his knees healed.

Mr. Miyagi
09-07-2006, 01:32 PM
I could easily see the Fins going 10-6 and missing the playoffs. 11-5 should get them in. The AFC will be tough this year.
I could also easily see the Fins going 6-10. And there's no way they make the playoffs this year.

This is not to say I think the Bills will, but then again the Bills aren't being all hyped up by the media are they?

dplus47
09-07-2006, 01:44 PM
i can feel the love! i actually like all the vitriol i'm reading. wanny and frerotte couldn't generate genuine feeling like this; i'll take it as a good sign that saban and daunte are a little more threatening.

media hype can get tiresome, but i'm not sure what it has to do with performance. ESPN and the like are selling their audience to advertisers. that's what they do. they are gonna hype the dolphins because they have been one of the more popular NFL teams through the years. there's no other reason, and it's not going to have an effect on the season one way or another. we often make the mistake of assuming the media companies have some sort of stake in the outcome or actually care at all. they're doing what they always do because it's making them money.

Mr. Miyagi
09-07-2006, 02:11 PM
media hype can get tiresome, but i'm not sure what it has to do with performance.
What performance? Miami went 2-2 in the preseason, and Culpepper has thrown no touchdowns.

L.A. Playa
09-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Injuries and chemistry mean more than anything in the NFL, the Patriots and Steelers have been great the past few years because of great team chemistry and the ability to overcome injuries and avoid injuries

all of the preseason talk and hype mean nothing every team has a chance right now the reason so many people try to predict the future is because they are never held accountable for when they are wrong the majority of teh time, and when they are right they will remind you forever of their great prediction

FinFaninBuffalo
09-07-2006, 02:15 PM
What performance? Miami went 2-2 in the preseason, and Culpepper has thrown no touchdowns.

Well there you have it. Miami is going 8-8. Just cancel the season.

justasportsfan
09-07-2006, 02:20 PM
Well there you have it. Miami is going 8-8. Just cancel the season.
you still have Lemon. He's better than Culp. :D

feelthepain
09-07-2006, 02:24 PM

Spoken like a true moron!!!

dplus47
09-07-2006, 02:29 PM

people were hyping miami well before the preseason started. now they're supposed to stop because of the preseason results?

Mr. Miyagi
09-07-2006, 02:41 PM
You're right. People have been hyping Miami well before the preseason. And now they're starting to see how wrong they might be.

FinFaninBuffalo
09-07-2006, 02:46 PM
you still have Lemon. He's better than Culp. :D
No, but he is better than JP. :smile:

justasportsfan
09-07-2006, 02:58 PM
No, but he is better than JP. :smile: liar

feelthepain
09-07-2006, 03:02 PM
1) Steve Spurrier and Pete Carrol have national championships too. That means very little in the NFL but I ALREADY STATED THAT I THINK HE'S A GOOD COACH.

Jimmy Johnson also won a National Championship then set out to destroy the Buffalo Bills in two strait SB blowouts. After starting his career in the NFL at 1-15. My point about Saban is his ability to not only coach, but spot talent.

2) Hmmm, if Bennie Anderson couldn't make it on our crappy line that can't beig saying too much about his ability. And yes, after watching MM stink it up for 2 years with his ridiculous play calling I think my opinion counts for something.

You Bill fans are a frikin joke. One minute you praise someone the next you bash them. Plus the fact that you people think because players don't make a spot on your team then thats it for them!! Why don't you take this attitude when you bring in players that were released from other teams?? You guy's are all over the new guys that come in, "oh, look out we will dominate this, we will win that!" But if any player or coach that leaves Buffalo they automatically suck, more stupid Bill fan logic.

Every year players leave teams and move on to more success or failure, but either way what a player or coach does on one team is not a guarantee they will do the same on another. It's plain an simple idiocy to think they will do the same things on different teams because they are on DIFFERENT TEAMS!!!!

3) If I didn't have valid points I don't think you'd be getting so worked up. What color Kool-aid are you drinking today?

I'm not "worked up" anymore then you are, how am I worked up, because I disagree with you?? And Kool-aid?? I'm drinking Kool-aid because my team is clearly in a position to make the playoffs with guy's like Mike Mularkey and Bennie Anderson?? Seems to me your the one who's upset, you constantly attack the experts that pick the fins to be a plyoff team, you're the one who can't handle it. I'm 100% positive if the situation were reversed and the experts were choosing the Bills instead of the Fins becuse the Bills had Saban and Culpepper, you'd be fine with it and would agree whole heartedly with their views.

Your version of a valid points is hardly one from someone capable of giving valid point for obvious reasons...(to make clear) your obvious hate of for the fins. Bill's fans opinion's of Mike Mularkey joining the Fins is the only negative I've seen or read about, everything else I've seen or read like the move, more proof you don't have valid points! Just non-sesne, hate and bable. You're the one that needs to remove the glasses.

justasportsfan
09-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Jimmy Johnson also won a National Championship then set out to destroy the Buffalo Bills in two strait SB blowouts. After starting his career in the NFL at 1-15. My point about Saban is his ability to not only coach, but spot talent.

You Bill fans are a frikin joke. One minute you praise someone the next you bash them. Plus the fact that you people think because players don't make a spot on your team then thats it for them!! Why don't you take this attitude when you bring in players that were released from other teams?? You guy's are all over the new guys that come in, "oh, look out we will dominate this, we will win that!" But if any player or coach that leaves Buffalo they automatically suck, more stupid Bill fan logic.

Every year players leave teams and move on to more success or failure, but either way what a player or coach does on one team is not a guarantee they will do the same on another. It's plain an simple idiocy to think they will do the same things on different teams because they are on DIFFERENT TEAMS!!!!

I'm not "worked up" anymore then you are, how am I worked up, because I disagree with you?? And Kool-aid?? I'm drinking Kool-aid because my team is clearly in a position to make the playoffs with guy's like Mike Mularkey and Bennie Anderson?? Seems to me your the one who's upset, you constantly attack the experts that pick the fins to be a plyoff team, you're the one who can't handle it. I'm 100% positive if the situation were reversed and the experts were choosing the Bills instead of the Fins becuse the Bills had Saban and Culpepper, you'd be fine with it and would agree whole heartedly with their views.

Your version of a valid points is hardly one from someone capable of giving valid point for obvious reasons...(to make clear) your obvious hate of for the fins. Bill's fans opinion's of Mike Mularkey joining the Fins is the only negative I've seen or read about, everything else I've seen or read like the move, more proof you don't have valid points! Just non-sesne, hate and bable. You're the one that needs to remove the glasses.
:roflmao:

feelthepain
09-07-2006, 03:16 PM
You're right. People have been hyping Miami well before the preseason. And now they're starting to see how wrong they might be.

Why because you "hope" for the worst??? That's frinkin laughable, you can't even make a good argument!! You love how your boy JP played during the preseason, but our third string QB put up better nummbers then your starter!! Daunte played far less, then JP and Daunte hasn't been with the fins for 3 years like JP has been with the Bills, but it took till the end of preseason for your "starter" to win the job away from the likes of Holcomb and Nall because JP isn't good enough to take the starting position without game after game of getting more time with the starters and backups then everyone else, wow you must be proud!! Trashing the fins because you're jealous, what a grown up.

OpIv37
09-07-2006, 03:17 PM

dude, Bennie Anderson sucks and no one here ever praised him. We welcomed him here when he first signed because we needed OL help but no one ever thought he was the second coming of House Ballard or anything.

I live just over the bridge from MD so there are a lot of Ravens fans and coverage in the area- none of them were thrilled with Anderson's performance in Baltimore. They said he was a decent run blocker and a terrible pass blocker, which is pretty much how it went down in Buffalo too.

You can put him on any team in the league and it won't change the fact that he's just not that good.

I still think Miami will have a decent season, but it will be in spite of Anderson and not because of him.

dplus47
09-07-2006, 03:23 PM

this is part of a thread with the title "Finally! A media guy who isn't Miami-biased!"

the title seems to say that it was difficult to find even one writer who isn't overhyping the dolphins. now, about 50 posts into the thread, it's a media trend to notice that the dolphins are overrated? now "they're" starting to see how wrong "they" might be? i don't think anyone is going to know anything about this football season for quite a few weeks. that keeps it fun, IMO.

people have been talking a lot about nothing all summer, and they're going to continue that through the season. i would rather the media didn't hype the dolphins, but i understand why they do, and i think it has little to do with whatever actually happens this season.

justasportsfan
09-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Why because you "hope" for the worst??? That's frinkin laughable, you can't even make a good argument!! You love how your boy JP played during the preseason, but our third string QB put up better nummbers then your starter!! Daunte played far less, then JP and Daunte hasn't been with the fins for 3 years like JP has been with the Bills, but it took till the end of preseason for your "starter" to win the job away from the likes of Holcomb and Nall because JP isn't good enough to take the starting position without game after game of getting more time with the starters and backups then everyone else, wow you must be proud!! Trashing the fins because you're jealous, what a grown up.

Oooh, Miyagi. You're in trouble now. You pissed him off. Be careful he's going for the kill. He's all ready to pounce on you and scratch and pull your hair.

BTW, the Lemon had better nos. tha Culp and Joey too.

dplus47
09-07-2006, 03:27 PM

and joey had more touchdowns than daunte. i'm not about to start calling for him to start. just sayin'.

Mr. Miyagi
09-07-2006, 03:31 PM
this is part of a thread with the title "Finally! A media guy who isn't Miami-biased!"

the title seems to say that it was difficult to find even one writer who isn't overhyping the dolphins. now, about 50 posts into the thread, it's a media trend to notice that the dolphins are overrated? now "they're" starting to see how wrong "they" might be? i don't think anyone is going to know anything about this football season for quite a few weeks. that keeps it fun, IMO.

people have been talking a lot about nothing all summer, and they're going to continue that through the season. i would rather the media didn't hype the dolphins, but i understand why they do, and i think it has little to do with whatever actually happens this season.
Dude, all hostility towards the Dolphins aside, you seem to speak with reason and objectivity. Salute to you. :miyagi:

Mr. Miyagi
09-07-2006, 03:32 PM
Oooh, Miyagi. You're in trouble now. You pissed him off. Be careful he's going for the kill. He's all ready to pounce on you and scratch and pull your hair.

Feel free to neg him LOL.

mybills
09-07-2006, 03:38 PM
:roflmao:

BillsGetEatenbyFins
09-07-2006, 04:02 PM
now lets see 4 worthless squads a win is a win.

OAK-33-21
BUF-24-23 SERIES 1-1
SD-23-21
JETS-24-20 SERIES 1-1
TITANS-24-10
NE-28-26 SERIES 1-1

you lost to sd 48-10
you lost to nyj 26-30
you lost to ne 7-35
you lost to oak 17-38

A wins a win i mean if we beat 4 trash teams n yll got blown out by them n lost to us that makes your teams look like elephant diahrea also makes you and the jets the worst 2 teams out the so called 4 shat teams, so please accept yll sore losers & wont win the division until miami doesnt have a qb, yll might win at the end in a decade 2013 sound good?Bye bye
if yll wouldve won those games yll wouldve bragged keep your dirty feet out the sea fins will kill you.

nate did chambers bring you pepto or maalox yet? cause your about to feel worst next sunday.

Mr. Miyagi
09-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Don't distract from the topic. We're talking about the Fins being overhyped for their actual performance last season. It has nothing to do with the Bills. No one said we were good last season, and there's no SB talk either.

Bottom line is that Miami is overhyped and will be nothing but a disappointment.

Eat that.

feelthepain
09-07-2006, 04:14 PM
dude, Bennie Anderson sucks and no one here ever praised him. We welcomed him here when he first signed because we needed OL help but no one ever thought he was the second coming of House Ballard or anything.

I live just over the bridge from MD so there are a lot of Ravens fans and coverage in the area- none of them were thrilled with Anderson's performance in Baltimore. They said he was a decent run blocker and a terrible pass blocker, which is pretty much how it went down in Buffalo too.

You can put him on any team in the league and it won't change the fact that he's just not that good.

I still think Miami will have a decent season, but it will be in spite of Anderson and not because of him.

Bennie Anderson wasn't the one/ones I was talking about. The Bills added a few players other then Anderson the last three years. Bill fans are allowed to think positive about their pickups, but the fins do it and all the players the fins pickup suck, my point is Bill fans have doulbe standards.

feelthepain
09-07-2006, 04:17 PM
Bottom line is that Miami is overhyped and will be nothing but a disappointment.

Opinions are like ***holes, everyone has one!!

Eat that.

I'm sure you'll growup......some day.

Mr. Miyagi
09-07-2006, 04:18 PM
Bill fans are allowed to think positive about their pickups, but the fins do it and all the players the fins pickup suck, my point is Bill fans have doulbe standards.
You see, your problem is that you're posting on a Bills site.

What did you expect, praises for the Fins? :shakeno:

feelthepain
09-07-2006, 04:25 PM
You see, your problem is that you're posting on a Bills site.

What did you expect, praises for the Fins? :shakeno:

What do I expect?? Grown-ups, sorry about my ridiculously high standards.

justasportsfan
09-07-2006, 04:28 PM
and joey had more touchdowns than daunte. i'm not about to start calling for him to start. just sayin'.
I was just asking my beeyatch what his point was with his comment.

!Papacrunk!
09-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Why should we be held responsible to what the media says? It's so funny that all of this money goes into hyping various teams, and if those teams don't meet the hype the media creates, then the media turns on them and tears down the organization, even though they were the ones that started this hype job. Peeps act like all of this hype comes directly and 100% from the hyped team itself. Teams play the games in front of them, win or lose, but never on the backs or computers of anyone in the media.

!Papacrunk!
09-07-2006, 05:35 PM
I was just asking my beeyatch what his point was with his comment.

So TOS is flexible? If it's against someone hated, it's ok, right. You're way smarter and better than this Justa. I'm not saying that FTP is innocent, but he was insulted first before he got riled up.

justasportsfan
09-07-2006, 06:26 PM
So TOS is flexible? If it's against someone hated, it's ok, right. You're way smarter and better than this Justa. I'm not saying that FTP is innocent, but he was insulted first before he got riled up.what are you talkin about? The post you quoted me on was inreference to FTP saying that Lemon had better nos than JP. He also had better nos than Culp and Joey.

I made no mention about FTP breaking TOS.