PDA

View Full Version : ESPNU ?

RedEyE
09-07-2006, 07:13 AM
ESPNU? I just heard of it. Does anybody have this channel in their local area? It's not on Comcast Atlanta and I really want to see Buffalo take on Akron on November 9th.

R. Rich
09-07-2006, 07:23 AM
Nah. I get the ESPN Game Plan, which shows college games on the channels @ the a** end of the DirecTV (in the 700s, I think). They don't announce the schedule of games they're showing until Thursday or Friday, and they send it via email.

RedEyE
09-07-2006, 07:26 AM
I miss DirecTv. The only reason I have Comcast is because having cable and internet through Comcast is the same price as getting just basic DirecTV service.

Earthquake Enyart
09-07-2006, 07:37 AM
The problem with DirecTV is that ESPNU is part of that local sports package of all the Fox Sports Nets. Once Empire died, I dropped that package.

R. Rich
09-07-2006, 09:02 AM
The problem with DirecTV is that ESPNU is part of that local sports package of all the Fox Sports Nets. Once Empire died, I dropped that package.
Yeah, w/out Empire, it does suck. My wife used to like the Pittsburgh Fox Sports channel because they would show the Bill Cowher press conferences, but now it appears those are being blacked out. I sometimes check out the others (like Sunshine network) during the spring for college football scrimmages and such, but for the most part, I hardly watch them, unless there's some obscure football game on and I want to check out a particular team or player.