PDA

View Full Version : Pink Taco Stadium...ROFL

RedEyE
09-07-2006, 07:24 AM
To my favorite story line of the preseason: The Cardinals turning down a $30 million offer to sponsor their stadium from the Pink Taco restaurant chain. Can you imagine the Goodyear blimp hovering overhead during a Fox broadcast as Joe Buck says, "There's an overhead shot of Pink Taco Stadium … you know what, this is awful! This is a disgrace! This is a disgusting act! I apologize to our viewers who had to see that!"

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060906

mybills
09-07-2006, 07:46 AM
lol

ublinkwescore
09-07-2006, 10:15 AM
That sounds like the name of a Mexican gay bar...

Meathead
09-07-2006, 10:33 AM
the goodyear blimp hovering over pink taco stadium

i wonder if theres any symbolism in that?

Goobylal
09-07-2006, 02:44 PM
To my favorite story line of the preseason: The Cardinals turning down a $30 million offer to sponsor their stadium from the Pink Taco restaurant chain. Can you imagine the Goodyear blimp hovering overhead during a Fox broadcast as Joe Buck says, "There's an overhead shot of Pink Taco Stadium … you know what, this is awful! This is a disgrace! This is a disgusting act! I apologize to our viewers who had to see that!"

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060906
You mean there's a restaurant with the name "Pink Taco?":lmao:

Goobylal
09-07-2006, 02:47 PM
BTW, I found this interesting from that link:

(Thumbs up)To the Dolphins, who took half a decade to realize, "Hey, maybe we should stop going after crappy QBs whose names start with the letter F" (Frerotte, Feeley, Fiedler … ) and splurged on Daunte Culpepper, the first potential All-Pro QB they've had since Dan Marino left his fastball on the "Ace Ventura" set.

(Thumbs down)To the Dolphins, who apparently didn't watch Culpepper play last season. Has any athlete in any professional sport shattered that many fantasy seasons in a six-week span? He couldn't have been worse. It's not possible. Then the boat cruise happened, Culpepper blew out his knee, the Vikings took off with Brad Johnson … and everyone seemed to forget that Daunte was a total bridge collapse. (Note: I'm tired of writing the word "train wreck"; wanted to mix it up.) Now he's a savior in Miami, a team hoping to win with the Belichick recipe (good coaching, good running game, good defense and special teams, smart decisions). I don't get it. Culpepper's inevitable January implosion will be the easiest thing to predict since Haley Joel Osment's mug shot.

Meathead
09-07-2006, 02:51 PM
imagine it was one of those domed stadiums where the roof retracted down from the center

that would turn me on

Michael82
09-07-2006, 05:07 PM
imagine it was one of those domed stadiums where the roof retracted down from the center

that would turn me on
it is. :scared: