PDA

View Full Version : For the second game in a row....

OpIv37
09-07-2006, 09:11 AM
I find myself rooting for the Pittsburgh Steelers. I wanted to see them win the SB because I'm an Irish fan and Bettis deserves it (plus I'd rather see the trophy in a working class city like Pitt than in a city of coffee-drinking computer programming yuppies).

Tonight, I'm rooting for them because I want to see a division rival lose. It would be nice to be able to start a season without being a half game behind a division opponent before we even have a chance to take the field.

It's hard to root for Pittsburgh when the Bills are still in it, but a victory over Miami would help us a lot.

LtFinFan66
09-07-2006, 09:15 AM
boo

Meathead
09-07-2006, 09:16 AM
yay

OpIv37
09-07-2006, 09:17 AM
boo

nothing personal- you know you'd be rooting for us to lose against anyone except NE.

R. Rich
09-07-2006, 09:36 AM
nothing personal- you know I'd be rooting for us to lose against anyone except NE.

We know.

Kerr
09-07-2006, 09:41 AM
And i'm rooting hard for charlie murphy batch.

ublinkwescore
09-07-2006, 09:42 AM
I find myself rooting for the Pittsburgh Steelers. I wanted to see them win the SB because I'm an Irish fan and Bettis deserves it (plus I'd rather see the trophy in a working class city like Pitt than in a city of coffee-drinking computer programming yuppies).

Tonight, I'm rooting for them because I want to see a division rival lose. It would be nice to be able to start a season without being a half game behind a division opponent before we even have a chance to take the field.

It's hard to root for Pittsburgh when the Bills are still in it, but a victory over Miami would help us a lot.

You do know those java drinking dorks up in seattle write the programs that make those steel mills managers jobs a lot easier... right?

OpIv37
09-07-2006, 09:48 AM
You do know those java drinking dorks up in seattle write the programs that make those steel mills managers jobs a lot easier... right?

maybe so..... but that doesnt' change the fact that java drinking dorks shouldn't have a Super Bowl trophy.

BTW if you think Microsoft makes life easier, you've obviously never tried to use Microsoft Project.

gil
09-07-2006, 10:06 AM
living in Pittsburgh, it's been a gradual process for me to root for the "Stillers" - but I'll root for them now - I like the town and the fans are mostly tolerable - but I only root when them winning doesn't negatively impact the Bills, when them winning may hurt the Bills, I alienate my friends down here for a week, but it's worth it.

Definitely rooting for them tonight!

Night Train
09-07-2006, 10:14 AM
Steeler fans have always been great to tailgate with, when the Steelers come to the Ralph.

They were the laughing stock of the NFL for over 40 years, prior to their initial success in the 1970's under Chuck Knoll.

If the Bills are out of it, I usually pull for the Steelers.

BAM
09-07-2006, 11:36 AM
I don't mind the Steelers. I root for them every game they don't play the Bills.

LtFinFan66
09-07-2006, 11:39 AM
nothing personal- you know you'd be rooting for us to lose against anyone except NE.and the Jets

LtFinFan66
09-07-2006, 11:41 AM
I like the city of Pittsburgh....have been there probably a couple hundred times for Pirate games with 6 Steeler games and a few Pens games thrown in

HAMMER
09-07-2006, 12:06 PM
I think the Steelers are a class organization and root for them unless playing our Bills. Cowher and the Rooneys define character in sports. Come on Pitt, squish the Fish and end all this Dolphin love in the media. It would be sweet to see them go 0-2 out of the gate.

ublinkwescore
09-07-2006, 12:51 PM
maybe so..... but that doesnt' change the fact that java drinking dorks shouldn't have a Super Bowl trophy.

BTW if you think Microsoft makes life easier, you've obviously never tried to use Microsoft Project.

Well, I haven't used microsoft project, but name me one software program that is completely perfect and takes no time to learn... it's just a necessary evil.

Michael82
09-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Let's go Steelers!!! CRUSH MIAMI!