PDA

View Full Version : Get Bills games online

RedEyE
09-07-2006, 10:21 AM
Mods/all: This thread is not intended to spam the baords but to inform Bills fans (like myself) that do not have NFL Ticket, or will be stuck at work on Sundays.

www.StreamTVnow.com (http://www.StreamTVnow.com)

You can watch the Bills take on the Pats LIVE ONLINE and nearly every other game thereafter for just $3.85 a month.

I'm watching NFL Network from work ONLINE right now as I type.

This is pretty freaking cool!!!

RedEyE
09-07-2006, 10:23 AM
Bills vs Pats will be on Ch. 4 Stream TV on Sunday.

OpIv37
09-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Enjoy it while it lasts- the NFL will find a way to shut it down.

RedEyE
09-07-2006, 10:28 AM
For those who have asked in PM:

1) Goto the link above. It's a vBulletin message board just like this one.

2) Register on the board.

3) Subscribe and pay your monthly fee ($3.85) via PayPal.

4) Download free WinAmp.

5) Then run all the proper codec installs here: http://faq.streamtvnow.com/index.php?sid=193&lang=en&action=artikel&cat=1&id=19&artlang=en (http://faq.streamtvnow.com/index.php?sid=193&lang=en&action=artikel&cat=1&id=19&artlang=en)

6) Find a channel you wish to view open up the link and presto. WinAmp should open with video.

**** MUST HAVE LAN, DSL, OR CABLE******

Meathead
09-07-2006, 10:29 AM
that is awesome and its WAY past time we should have this technology available for everybody

when i lived in dc i had to have my dad fedex me tapes of the games i couldnt see. i used to think about this technology back then - we had the technology even at that time

you should be able to watch any game in any sport any time you want as long as you have the bucks. i woulda probably spent at least twenty bucks a month for that capability, if not fifty

RedEyE
09-07-2006, 10:30 AM
The only problems that I have encountered so far are that some channel servers are down from time to time. Hopefully that won't happen Sunday, but hey what do you want for less than 4 bucks?

RedEyE
09-07-2006, 10:30 AM
that is awesome and its WAY past time we should have this technology available for everybody

when i lived in dc i had to have my dad fedex me tapes of the games i couldnt see. i used to think about this technology back then - we had the technology even at that time

you should be able to watch any game in any sport any time you want as long as you have the bucks. i woulda probably spent at least twenty bucks a month for that capability, if not fifty

ditto

RedEyE
09-07-2006, 10:32 AM
Maybe the BillsZone could team up with StreamTVnow and provide a host server for Bills games?

ublinkwescore
09-07-2006, 10:38 AM
Can you watch reruns?

ublinkwescore
09-07-2006, 10:38 AM
I mean like say you've gotta be somewhere and there's no computer - can you get it reaired on your PC?

RedEyE
09-07-2006, 10:40 AM
I mean like say you've gotta be somewhere and there's no computer - can you get it reaired on your PC?

I don't see that option anywhere. If you have a DVD burner though :whistle: .....

OpIv37
09-07-2006, 10:43 AM
I don't see that option anywhere. If you have a DVD burner though :whistle: .....

capturing streaming content is difficult but there's probably a way to do it. The real problem would be getting your computer to log in to the site and capture it when you're not there.

RedEyE
09-07-2006, 10:46 AM
capturing streaming content is difficult but there's probably a way to do it. The real problem would be getting your computer to log in to the site and capture it when you're not there.

Will there is a will there is a way...

ublinkwescore
09-07-2006, 10:48 AM

Unfortunately, I don't...

Oh well, I'll just have to settle for highlights on ESPN and NFL Network when I get home...

Gunzlingr
09-07-2006, 11:00 AM
how do you know what channel is which station?

The last buffalo fan
09-07-2006, 11:01 AM
I do have SKY, and the ticket NFL. I have to drive like 20 minutes to get my friend's house, where we got the signal, I think it is not bad, but if I can have it like this (at this time I don't understand, how it works), I'll be more than happy to pay up the $4 usd. I guess I have to find out first.

RedEyE
09-07-2006, 11:12 AM
how do you know what channel is which station?

There is a schedule section for subscribers and you can laso check the claendar which is at the top of the page.

Typ0
09-07-2006, 11:55 AM
I think this is probably illegal. They are basically selling cable subscriptions and any company doing that is regulated by the FCC and PUC. Don't expect this to last...they do make a thing called slingbox though and I had a tv card in my computer before and could stream the games to people...there are people here that will attest to that ;). Mostly, we did audio because I don't have the upload speeds on my connections to send the video.

RedEyE
09-07-2006, 11:58 AM
I think this is probably illegal. They are basically selling cable subscriptions and any company doing that is regulated by the FCC and PUC. Don't expect this to last...they do make a thing called slingbox though and I had a tv card in my computer before and could stream the games to people...there are people here that will attest to that ;). Mostly, we did audio because I don't have the upload speeds on my connections to send the video.

I thought the same thing but it's been ongoing for over a year. So until they shut the site down I'm pleading ignorance and enjoying Bills games for less than $4 a month.

madness
09-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Wow, ask and you shall receive! I was just pulling my hair out figuring out how to watch my beloved Bills. I can't afford NFL ticket right now so I was trying to figure out other options. Just as I was thinking how nice it would be to find a video stream, I decided to check in on the boards and BAM! (no not you, bro)

RedEyE, you da' man!

madness
09-07-2006, 12:11 PM

Found this in the FAQ's.

Q: Is it possible to record the streams?
A: Yes, you can record the streams using StreamRipper (http://streamripper.sourceforge.net/).

madness
09-07-2006, 12:14 PM
This one scares me. :nervous:

Q: I was watching <INSERT program name>and it switched to a different channel. Why?
A: Some of the streams are on timers that automatically change at specific times to other programs. Again streamers do not sit around 24/7 waiting to change and update streams. Unfortunately this can be bad for games that go into OT when something else is scheduled. Also this can happen when the streamer is just streaming non-scheduled programs and something scheuled comes on.

RedEyE
09-07-2006, 12:16 PM
This one scares me. :nervous:

Q: I was watching <INSERT name program>and it switched to a different channel. Why?
A: Some of the streams are on timers that automatically change at specific times to other programs. Again streamers do not sit around 24/7 waiting to change and update streams. Unfortunately this can be bad for games that go into OT when something else is scheduled. Also this can happen when the streamer is just streaming non-scheduled programs and something scheuled comes on.

I saw that as well, then I saw this:

I had a 3 month subscription that I had bought last year soley to catch the Bills games. One of the streamers was from Buffalo and streamed EVERY Bills game. It was amazing. I was just wondering if that particular streamer is still around and streaming out in Buffalo for us this year!?

Thanks a lot.

X-Era
09-07-2006, 12:34 PM
Mods/all: This thread is not intended to spam the baords but to inform Bills fans (like myself) that do not have NFL Ticket, or will be stuck at work on Sundays.

www.StreamTVnow.com (http://www.StreamTVnow.com)

You can watch the Bills take on the Pats LIVE ONLINE and nearly every other game thereafter for just $3.85 a month.

This is pretty freaking cool!!!
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAM
09-07-2006, 12:47 PM
Found this in the FAQ's.

Q: Is it possible to record the streams?
A: Yes, you can record the streams using StreamRipper (http://streamripper.sourceforge.net/).

Haven't tried that one yet.

I usually use this:

http://www.wmrecorder.com/wm_recorder.php

RedEyE
09-07-2006, 12:48 PM

I usually use this:

Is that compatiable with WinAmp?

BAM
09-07-2006, 12:50 PM
Ohhh I didn't think of that.. so you have to run these thru WinAmp eh?

Who knows. They probably have one for Winamp somewhere... I have one called RM Recorder too (for Real Media).

madness
09-07-2006, 02:44 PM

Me too, I'm up and running. This is ****ing sweet!!!

Meathead
09-07-2006, 02:54 PM
we are being a little too giddy

my tingling spider sense says the no fun league is about to strike ...

Meathead
09-07-2006, 02:55 PM
i assume blackout restrictions cant apply or no?

madness
09-07-2006, 03:01 PM
we are being a little too giddy

my tingling spider sense says the no fun league is about to strike ...

It's only a matter of time... maybe we can set this thread to self-destruct after 24 hrs? :D

mybills
09-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Somebody please sticky this thead ON ME. Just pm me how many zb's I owe you! Thanks in advance, mybills. :up:

madness
09-08-2006, 11:11 AM

I usually use this:

Streamripper works as a plugin for Winmp. I've got it up and running and it's not bad at all. You can't record and watch the stream at the same time from StreamTV but they give you three slots to open the channel. You can open two streams at one time so you can watch and record. I just ripped a segment of the NFL network to test and it worked perfectly.

You can also access free internet radio streams like Shoutcast w/ Winamp and record those. The nice thing about that is that not only can you listen and record at the same time but you can also chose to record the feed as separate tracks(per song) or just one whole track for that recording session.

I'm also in the process of setting up StreamTV on my phone. Most likely won't get a great connection on Cingular's Edge network but the feed should be smooth through a WiFi connection.

I have a clambake to go to Sunday so I'm going to start recording the feed for the game and hope it stays up.

Yes, I am in my geek glory right now. :geek:

L.A. Playa
09-13-2006, 12:44 PM
did anyone try this and did it work for you?? I had no success

RedEyE
09-13-2006, 12:47 PM
I watched the Notre Dame / Penn State game on Saturday without incident. I know of one other guy that had trouble with the Bills game. maybe its not all that its cracked up to be.

L.A. Playa
09-13-2006, 12:48 PM
no biggie only cost 3 bucks to try

madness
09-13-2006, 12:57 PM
did anyone try this and did it work for you?? I had no success

Me too but that was probably an hour before the game. It said channel 4 was down.

Kerr
09-13-2006, 02:10 PM
Me too but that was probably an hour before the game. It said channel 4 was down.

because they had problems with their server.

madness
09-13-2006, 02:16 PM
Did it eventually go back up?

L.A. Playa
09-13-2006, 02:28 PM
all i kept getting was either the server is too busy or when i did get in all I got was audio

OpIv37
09-13-2006, 02:29 PM
just get the ticket, cheapskates.

L.A. Playa
09-13-2006, 02:31 PM
just get the ticket, cheapskates.

cant in my building

OpIv37
09-13-2006, 02:36 PM
cant in my building

then why do you live there?

This may seem crazy, but when I moved there were two criteria that were ABSOLUTE must-haves: Central A/C and the ability to get DirecTV.

L.A. Playa
09-13-2006, 02:37 PM
I will be moving the first of teh year

The last buffalo fan
09-13-2006, 03:16 PM
I will be moving the first of teh year

Move to Mexico, we got no problem. We are a first class third world. :up:

L.A. Playa
09-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Move to Mexico, we got no problem. We are a first class third world. :up:

I live in Los Angeles too many mexicans here already

The last buffalo fan
09-13-2006, 03:36 PM
I live in Los Angeles too many mexicans here already

Then get out of there, here we have too many white people.

L.A. Playa
09-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Then get out of there, here we have too many white people.

who would mow our lawns, nanny our kids, clean our houses and do cheap contsruction labor if not for our friends from the south

The last buffalo fan
09-13-2006, 03:42 PM
who would mow our lawns, nanny our kids, clean our houses and do cheap contsruction labor if not for our friends from the south

:huh:

Johnny Bugmenot
09-13-2006, 05:35 PM
Don't expect this to last.

It'd be one thing if they were offering this service for free, but this company is actually charging money for the service, thereby profiting from what is effectively a pirated broadcast while the NFL gets nothing. NFL rules strictly state that "Any other rebroadcast or transmission of this telecast without the express written permission of the NFL is strictly prohibited." This would obviously include retransmission over the Internet, which is apparently what these people are doing.

I smell lawsuit!

Kerr
09-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Did it eventually go back up?

They're supposed to be fixing it.

jamze132
09-13-2006, 07:37 PM
I don't have a link but I read during the offseason that the NFL is attempting to get an online broadcast going much like baseball's MLB.tv. However as long as the NFL has an exclusive deal with DirecTV, there won't be any legal streaming of NFL games live. The article also mentioned the revenue sharing of the profits. Go figure. By the way, does anyone know when the NFL's contract with DirecTV ends?

RedEyE
09-14-2006, 07:41 AM
Don't expect this to last.

It'd be one thing if they were offering this service for free, but this company is actually charging money for the service, thereby profiting from what is effectively a pirated broadcast while the NFL gets nothing. NFL rules strictly state that "Any other rebroadcast or transmission of this telecast without the express written permission of the NFL is strictly prohibited." This would obviously include retransmission over the Internet, which is apparently what these people are doing.

I smell lawsuit!

It's been airing for well over a year. I would imagine that the NFL would have already caught wind of this and shut them down.

Kerr
09-14-2006, 09:51 AM
It's been airing for well over a year. I would imagine that the NFL would have already caught wind of this and shut them down.

But since it's based in another country...they probably don't have much stroke. I don't know, i'm not sure how all that legal stuff works.

Jersey1031
10-02-2006, 06:40 PM
So does anyone know if this really works, beacuse I am really considering buying the subscription to see them?

madness
10-03-2006, 01:58 PM
So does anyone know if this really works, beacuse I am really considering buying the subscription to see them?

Well, I've got to see at least one game. This past week their database crashed but everything is up and running again. I paid the $11 for 3 months and compared to what DirecTV or the nfl live stream package costs, I wouldn't be super mad if I that's the only game I see. I'm hoping to get to see one more and everything after that, I'll consider a bonus.

Kerr
10-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Well, I've got to see at least one game. This past week their database crashed but everything is up and running again. I paid the $11 for 3 months and compared to what DirecTV or the nfl live stream package costs, I wouldn't be super mad if I that's the only game I see. I'm hoping to get to see one more and everything after that, I'll consider a bonus.

This week and the week before they had problems.

madness
10-15-2006, 11:36 AM
Anybody find the Bills game? I don't see it listed.