PDA

View Full Version : How is New England still good?

Patrick76777
09-07-2006, 12:57 PM
In the last few years, they've lost:

3 Coordinators.
Every WR except Troy Brown
Willie McGinnest
About 20 DB’s
Corey Dillion’s Youth and playing ability
A super clutch kicker

If they’re still scary good this year, I’m going to be so pissed.

BTW, it's a rhetorical question asked only to spur discussion. I’m not really looking for an answer.

THATHURMANATOR
09-07-2006, 01:00 PM
agreed Pat if they are amazing again this year I won't be happy!

OpIv37
09-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Bellicheck and Brady have a lot to do with it.

I think it goes like this- NE has always been a team that had a lot of discipline and few superstars. When someone leaves or gets hurt, there's not much of a drop-off.

The DB thing is still mind-boggling. I don't know how they can stop the pass at all anymore. I hope JP comes out slinging balls downfield.

If the loss of the coordinators doesn't hose them this year, then BB is truly a genius.

Mr. Miyagi
09-07-2006, 01:01 PM
They're not going to be that good. It's just that the media is in love with Poster Boy Brady and his sugar daddy Bellyache, giving them more cred that the deserve.

justasportsfan
09-07-2006, 01:04 PM
they are going 5-11 this year and will need to get star players next year. You heard it here first :D

Mr. Miyagi
09-07-2006, 01:06 PM
I don't know about 5-11. Just the refs alone can win them 4 games.

6-10 then.

Meister
09-07-2006, 01:55 PM
They are predicted to be good because they have dominated the AFC East ever since Brady arrived on the scene and won a few super bowls along the way. Why would anyone think they would do anything different this year? The Pats have suffered losses before and have always managed to compensate one way or another.

Just wondering.....what happens to all these prognosticators that boldly state their team is going to the playoffs or everyone else in their conference is going to suck when all these predictions turn out to be false? Do they just dissapear for a while then come back at a point when there is more reason for optimism?

Ickybaluky
09-07-2006, 02:08 PM
BTW, it's a rhetorical question asked only to spur discussion. I’m not really looking for an answer.

Oh, OK. I had an answer for you, but since you aren't interested...

Earthquake Enyart
09-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Two words Pat......

Tedi Bruschi

L.A. Playa
09-07-2006, 02:16 PM
NE has had great chemistry, players that have bought into a system and play their role, and they have had a great ability to overcome injuries.

I dont think anyone would say that talent wise they are the most talented team in the league, but until they prove otherwise they play the game better than anyone else has over the past 5 years consistently

and of course this all could change starting Sunday

!Papacrunk!
09-07-2006, 05:40 PM
I'm sorry, but as long as they have a healthy Brady, that team will still win. I'm a firm believer of the phrase "Together Everyone Accomplishes More," but Brady just finds ways to win.

Akhippo
09-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Its being consistently good. Really good steady players, a few superstuds, a scheme that puts them in a good position to win, discipline to not hurt themselves, and consistent luck.