PDA

View Full Version : Dick Jauron on Sirus afternoon blitz.

Tatonka
09-07-2006, 03:03 PM
i will summarize.. it is getting ready to come on.

Tatonka
09-07-2006, 03:22 PM
qb position...

he let the talent speak for itself. he felt that jp clearly won the job. feels the three of them work very well together and none of them have any annomosity. they help each other extremely well. but we clear that jp was the guy.

he knows jp is young and they will live with his mistakes.. implied that they will not be pulling him just because of a bad game.

what do you like about jp?

he can move much better than any of them. big help.. can roll him out much better.. people will be reluctant to play a 2 man cover under against them because he can roll and use his strong arm.

they plan on going deep regularly. not that we havent seen that in the preseason.

feels jp has taken huge strides, and that they really feel that this is going to be a huge year in his developement.

Willis, how is he doing?

DJ said he didnt know willis at all before getting there.. he said that because he is a miami guy that works out there, and knowing the reputation they have, he was ok with that. he has appeared to lose a lot of weight, but is still a very big back, but has great hands and has gained alot of shiftiness and "cuts with violence" now. expects big things.

Offensive line?

feels the front five have stayed intact together and built some continuity from staying together. he said jason peters is an incredible player who has not arrived yet, but by seasons end, people will be saying he has. villareal is a good veteran that provides stability. melvin fowler is very athletic and very smart on his calls. big upgrade to him. reyes is a good veteran that has seen the stunts and knows what it is like to be a good player on a top line. gandy is a solid LT that is underrated outside of the locker room but not w/i the organization.

young at back up, but feel there is alot of potential.

against NEs D line?

they are tricky, but more than anything, they play hard. people think it is smoke and mirrors, but it is not. the bills will have to match the intensity.

Peerless Price?

he has gotten better every practice since returning to buffalo. he feels that peerless is back to where he was. feels he has regained confidence he had before. he felt that peerless will have another year like he had in his last year in buffalo, basically saying he will be a 1000 yard receiver.

defensive side of the ball?

he said both coordinators have been doing an excellent job and feels he was very fortunate to get the coachs he got.

he said that the team is young in the process of getting the systems down cold (meaning it may take some time for the defense to be a true cover 2 and the offense to be whatever fairchild wants to due)

he likes the dline.. he likes their Dends especially, feels kelsay and denny looked very good on the right and schobel is an all pro.

TKO looks like he is back. loves the LBs.. said they are fierce.

secondary, deep at cb. greer and youboty are solid at 3rd and 4th. alot of speed. safeties too, all have great speed and cover ability as well as able to hit.

Adam shine kissed his ass about loving the defense, even though he has been ****ting on buffalo and their chances all season.

how to start the season?

the schedule is brutal to start. they have to come out quick. the first group of division games will set tone for season. he said they will give NE everything they have to get brady off balance. doesnt care about the schedule though. this is the nfl. if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.

about NE..

he said they have great great tight ends.. the TEs put a lot of pressure on the defense. they have to commit to stop them.

said he will be doing interview every thursday at 4pm.

Tatonka
09-07-2006, 03:22 PM
sorry.. that was real long.

Mr. Miyagi
09-07-2006, 03:29 PM
sorry.. that was real long.
Not at all! Thanks for a great summary!

Also glad to hear he'll be doing a weekly interview with Sirius! :bf1:

OpIv37
09-07-2006, 03:32 PM
good info- thanks

Mr. Miyagi
09-07-2006, 03:34 PM
I know I hated him back then. But I'm starting to really like Jauron. He's no BS, tells it like it is. I love it.

The last buffalo fan
09-07-2006, 03:43 PM
I know I hated him back then. But I'm starting to really like Jauron. He's no BS, tells it like it is. I love it.

welcome home, man!!

billsburgh
09-08-2006, 01:53 AM
Thanks alot for that recap. good info.

ublinkwescore
09-08-2006, 02:06 AM
I hope Jauron stays with us for a long time - because it will mean he gets results...

Not excuses like someone else's coach with in the division... :snicker:

Tatonka
09-08-2006, 07:00 AM
no problem. i am normally in my car at 4, w/ my computer by me, so i will try and post a summary every week.

Earthquake Enyart
09-08-2006, 07:02 AM
I cut with violence too.

It's a good trait to have.