PDA

View Full Version : Nick Saban post game conference

Mitchy moo
09-07-2006, 11:07 PM
He put the blame on different coaches in the org. A real class act and a positive know for the team. If this is his attitude about slow walking the flag and tossing is during a kick Miami is toast. Put you stuff together, play a game and think during it.

~CHIEF~
09-07-2006, 11:11 PM
**** You Saban!

Devin
09-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Did he really do that? I didnt watch the post game stuff. If he did thats pretty dissapointing.

OpIv37
09-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Did he really do that? I didnt watch the post game stuff. If he did thats pretty dissapointing.

I didn't see it either, but I have a hard time taking it at face value when it comes from an inebriated Skooby. That's like trying to get an honest assessment of Bush from the president of Iran.

Mitchy moo
09-07-2006, 11:22 PM

It was direct from ESPN, they felt he blamed everybody but himself. If you watched him he like waited until the last possible second and then within seconds of the kick tossed the flag to the unknown soldier. If you want the challenge that bad you yell, scream and kick. You casually walk 1 yard off the sideline and toss it, how serious are you?

Devin
09-07-2006, 11:41 PM
I didn't see it either, but I have a hard time taking it at face value when it comes from an inebriated Skooby. That's like trying to get an honest assessment of Bush from the president of Iran.

:roflmao:

Well put Op.

Devin
09-07-2006, 11:42 PM
....If you watched him he like waited until the last possible second and then within seconds of the kick tossed the flag to the unknown soldier....

:rofl:

Skooby made a funny!!!

L.A. Playa
09-07-2006, 11:43 PM
SKOOBY LIBRE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

feelthepain
09-07-2006, 11:44 PM
It was Sabans fault nobody elses and he better make that clear to his team!!

billsburgh
09-07-2006, 11:45 PM
I thought the coaches have a pager/buzzer kind of thing to alert the refs that they want to challenge a play and that the red flag was a backup. is that still the case?

Devin
09-07-2006, 11:45 PM

:up:

Mitchy moo
09-07-2006, 11:52 PM

The Buzzers are faulty and no longer in use, FYI.

Coach Sal
09-07-2006, 11:53 PM
I thought the coaches have a pager/buzzer kind of thing to alert the refs that they want to challenge a play and that the red flag was a backup. is that still the case?

No. The buzzer malfunctioned too much so the league got rid of it.

If what Skooby is referring to him saying is the same thing I heard at the beginning of the feed from ESPN, I thought Saban was talking about the officials. He said something to the effect of "that's why we have people in position to make sure those kinds of things don't happen." But the question he was answering was before the feed began.

We'll have to wait for the post game quotes to see what was up. Is this the quote you are referring to, Skooby?

ublinkwescore
09-07-2006, 11:58 PM

That was a good post, but on principal alone, I am not allowed to thank or pos you... sorry.

ublinkwescore
09-08-2006, 12:00 AM

Why don't they just have Cell Phones or something - then the coaches can ask the refs how their kids are doing, and when they want to get together again to tee off on another 18 holes...

Mitchy moo
09-08-2006, 12:04 AM

If what Skooby is referring to him saying is the same thing I heard at the beginning of the feed from ESPN, I thought Saban was talking about the officials. He said something to the effect of "that's why we have people in position to make sure those kinds of things don't happen." But the question he was answering was before the feed began.

We'll have to wait for the post game quotes to see what was up. Is this the quote you are referring to, Skooby?

I have ESPN on, it's their take on the whole press conference. When they put Saban up, he left within 1 minute.

Coach Sal
09-08-2006, 12:04 AM
It appeared to me that Saban didn't actually want to throw the flag and maybe only did so because others were telling him he should. If he really wanted to, he would have put some effort into it.

billsburgh
09-08-2006, 12:14 AM
thanks, I didn't know that.

HAMMER
09-08-2006, 03:28 PM
He put the blame on different coaches in the org. A real class act and a positive know for the team. If this is his attitude about slow walking the flag and tossing is during a kick Miami is toast. Put you stuff together, play a game and think during it.

Is this english, holy crap man.

SquishDaFish
09-08-2006, 03:31 PM
NO NO NO NO Saban is the next coming of Belicheck and Parcells. Thats impossible hes going to the hall of fame Dammit!! (Sarcasm off)

LtFinFan66
09-08-2006, 04:04 PM
I thought the coaches have a pager/buzzer kind of thing to alert the refs that they want to challenge a play and that the red flag was a backup. is that still the case?did away with it. they mentioned it last night

LtFinFan66
09-08-2006, 04:06 PM
you guys are funny

Mitchy moo
09-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Is this english, holy crap man.

sorry about that, 11 beers did me in.

DBrown77
09-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Maybe he was putting some blame on Moolarkey!....He sucks

Nighthawk
09-08-2006, 07:03 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Saban is a "wanna be" and a tool!