PDA

View Full Version : Fin Fan Questions

Devin
09-07-2006, 11:28 PM
One game doesnt make a season, and I tend to believe the fins are better then they played tonight. With Ben R.....sure but Charlie Batch....?

Charlie batch tossed 200+ yards and 3 td's, no int's. Is the Fins secondary that bad? Because I know he isnt that good.

The OL.....wtf. Thats all really, the Steelers created havoc all night in the backfield. Held Ronnie Brown to 30 yards and sacked Culpeper 3 times. Wasnt this meant to be a better year for the fins OL?

Culpeper. Its his first game back ill give him the benefit of the doubt, but I think Gus would have played better. Yeeeesh. both INT's were ugly, and maybe it was just me but he was throwing the ball everywhere but where his WR's were. Of course Mularky being the OC it doesnt shock me, im surprised he didnt have you faking field goals on 2nd down.

Will Allen is horrible. A 260 pound tight end burned that guy for almost the entire 87 yard run.

Sabans half assed attempt at a challenge was just funny.

I will say this Welker was all over the place for the Fins, and the senior citizens on the fins DL actually managed a few decent sacks when Willie Parker wasnt running all over the place.

dplus47
09-07-2006, 11:38 PM
Will Allen is horrible. A 260 pound tight end burned that guy for almost the entire 87 yard run.

zach thomas was covering on the play, and there probably should have been safety help, depending on the formation. i know zach bit on the play action. allen was covering somebody else on the play and trailing to make a tackle. granted, he looked gassed, but the coverage was most likely an error by a safety. i'll have to re-watch.

the secondary and the O-line will get better as the season progresses: they are works in progress. i wasn't aware that the secondary needed this much work, because the starters played well in the preseason, but yes, they need a TON of work.

ronnie brown did start picking it up in the third quarter, but the first half was abysmal.

Devin
09-07-2006, 11:40 PM
zach thomas was covering on the play, and there probably should have been safety help, depending on the formation. i know zach bit on the play action. allen was covering somebody else on the play and trailing to make a tackle. granted, he looked gassed, but the coverage was most likely an error by a safety. i'll have to re-watch.

the secondary and the O-line will get better as the season progresses: they are works in progress. i wasn't aware that the secondary needed this much work, because the starters played well in the preseason, but yes, they need a TON of work.

ronnie brown did start picking it up in the third quarter, but the first half was abysmal.

Well said perhaps just the way I caught the play it looked like Allen gave chase almost the entire run and couldnt catch the guy.

The OL really shocked me because I thought they were vastly improved.

billsburgh
09-07-2006, 11:42 PM
they cant be that much better if they have Bennie Anderson playing for them.

Devin
09-07-2006, 11:43 PM
they cant be that much better if they have Bennie Anderson playing for them.

touché

~CHIEF~
09-07-2006, 11:43 PM
**** Miami!

billsburgh
09-07-2006, 11:45 PM
**** Miami!
:up:

feelthepain
09-07-2006, 11:47 PM
Well said perhaps just the way I caught the play it looked like Allen gave chase almost the entire run and couldnt catch the guy.

The Only place Miami's line didn't play well was in the running game, Daunte had more then enough time to find players to throw too, especially since Pittsburgs Blitzing is what they are known for. I'm not concerned at all about the Oline.

dplus47
09-07-2006, 11:47 PM

i actually saw what i expected from the o-line tonight. i wish the team would have run a little more, because ronnie did seem to get a little rhythm going late, but overall you can't really expect much running room against pittsburgh. i thought they did okay protecting c-pep. there were a few questionable plays, and i know of one matador block by the FB barnes, but i thought they did pretty well picking up the blitzes. there weren't any deep passes, though, probably due to a lack of confidence in the pass protection. that should come together. i'm not trying to be the iraqi information minister here, but i think the offense played okay for the most part and the team was in it in the fourth quarter, which is what fans ask for against good teams on the road. they just didn't get it done tonight.

i knew the O would be a work in progress. they showed some signs. the D really let the team down out there, just giving up a huge drive right after taking the lead, only to get bailed out by a gift from batch at the end. then the next drive was the 1-play, 87 yard debacle.

however, keith traylor made a few great plays. hooray for the fat guys!

J TES
09-07-2006, 11:49 PM
One game doesnt make a season, and I tend to believe the fins are better then they played tonight. With Ben R.....sure but Charlie Batch....?

Charlie batch tossed 200+ yards and 3 td's, no int's. Is the Fins secondary that bad? Because I know he isnt that good.

The OL.....wtf. Thats all really, the Steelers created havoc all night in the backfield. Held Ronnie Brown to 30 yards and sacked Culpeper 3 times. Wasnt this meant to be a better year for the fins OL?

Culpeper. Its his first game back ill give him the benefit of the doubt, but I think Gus would have played better. Yeeeesh. both INT's were ugly, and maybe it was just me but he was throwing the ball everywhere but where his WR's were. Of course Mularky being the OC it doesnt shock me, im surprised he didnt have you faking field goals on 2nd down.

I will say this Welker was all over the place for the Fins, and the senior citizens on the fins DL actually managed a few decent sacks when Willie Parker wasnt running all over the place.

I agree with most of what you said other than the Will Allen part. He wasnt covering Miller. Miller hade a head start and a full head of steam.
I am disappointed for losing tonite but they are the friggin Superbowl champs. Miami didnt play well, and to any Miami fan that came on here and bragged about our O-line being anything other than crap, I apologize for them. This O-line sux,and it shouldnt have takin tonites perfromance to recoginize that. Not to make excuses, but the Steelers D isnt exactly garbage. Either way, I don't blame Cupepper for this lose, it was a group effort. I still expect Miami to push for a wildcard spot, but they are going to have to get there act together quick. I didnt expect a win tonite (i hoped for one) but this was a terrible performance. The way some "other Dolphin fans" are crying about this season being a failure, yada,yada,yada, is ******ed. The season is exactly one game old.

feelthepain
09-07-2006, 11:58 PM

Until Charlies long TD toss to heath Miller he didn't even have a 100 yrds, I think our secondary did well, they will get better.

I was not happy with the way Culpeppers night ended, but I'm not discouraged either. I know it will take time for all the things to come together and I have no concerns about Daunte at this point. BTW you can get off the MM kick, he doesn't throw the ball or call the defense Pittsburgh used. Place the blame where it's due, on Culpepper!!

Just a missed assignment, it happens.

All Sabans fault, no excuses!!

Lets not forget Pittsburgh is a running team it's what they do, and why Cahrlie had less then a 100 yards passing before the Heath Miller play. I think Miami played them well against the run and Pass around 300 yrds total yards for the defending SB champs in their house!! Not a bad night on D!! We had a chance to win this game, overall not a horrible night just a few big mistakes, what are ya gonna do?? It just means Miami will look back and see where they went wrong losing isn't always bad.

jmb1099
09-08-2006, 12:29 AM
Until Charlies long TD toss to heath Miller he didn't even have a 100 yrds, I think our secondary did well, they will get better.

I was not happy with the way Culpeppers night ended, but I'm not discouraged either. I know it will take time for all the things to come together and I have no concerns about Daunte at this point. BTW you can get off the MM kick, he doesn't throw the ball or call the defense Pittsburgh used. Place the blame where it's due, on Culpepper!!

Just a missed assignment, it happens.

All Sabans fault, no excuses!!

Lets not forget Pittsburgh is a running team it's what they do, and why Cahrlie had less then a 100 yards passing before the Heath Miller play. I think Miami played them well against the run and Pass around 300 yrds total yards for the defending SB champs in their house!! Not a bad night on D!! We had a chance to win this game, overall not a horrible night just a few big mistakes, what are ya gonna do?? It just means Miami will look back and see where they went wrong losing isn't always bad.
I still maintain the Fins are better than they showed tonight. They had a chance to win it, but Pit also had a chance to seal the deal and fumbled at the goal line. I was impressed with the run defense early on, but they tired out late third and 4 qtrs.

Your oline seems to have the exact opposite problem everyone (including me) thought it might. Pass protection was fairly solid until the end, but rushing was just terrible.

For the most part I thought MM looked in check so props to Saban for that, but he did try to sneak in a gadget play that almost cost you the ball.

Culp: Didn't play well under stress and pressure. Could just be rust

Ronnie Brown has the potential to be a beast if someone would open a hole for him

Jason taylor is still a difference maker

Welker has the potential to be a star

feelthepain
09-08-2006, 12:36 AM
I still maintain the Fins are better than they showed tonight. They had a chance to win it, but Pit also had a chance to seal the deal and fumbled at the goal line. I was impressed with the run defense early on, but they tired out late third and 4 qtrs.

Your oline seems to have the exact opposite problem everyone (including me) thought it might. Pass protection was fairly solid until the end, but rushing was just terrible.

For the most part I thought MM looked in check so props to Saban for that, but he did try to sneak in a gadget play that almost cost you the ball.

Culp: Didn't play well under stress and pressure. Could just be rust

Ronnie Brown has the potential to be a beast if someone would open a hole for him

Jason taylor is still a difference maker

Welker has the potential to be a star

I agree with most of your post, but it really doesn't matter. Long season ahead. I'm sure the issues Miami had tonight will be looked at evaulated and corrected. Good luck to your boy's on Sunday.

Devin
09-08-2006, 12:37 AM
The Only place Miami's line didn't play well was in the running game, Daunte had more then enough time to find players to throw too, especially since Pittsburgs Blitzing is what they are known for. I'm not concerned at all about the Oline.

<!--StartFragment -->Are you concerned with Pep's play? Because it was pretty horrible for what you're paying him and how much he is meant to improve your team. Looks likes hes just picking up where he left off in Minny.

The defending superbowl champs minus star QB.

The fins are certainly better then they played I agree, but if everything you said was true then Saban was simply outcoached.

Gunzlingr
09-08-2006, 08:16 AM
I was impressed with the DL, for being a bunch of fossils they held their own against the steelers.

Culpepper has never been good when there is pressure on him. Give him time and he will eat you alive, but pressure him and he panics and looks like crap.

Welker impressed me.

HHURRICANE
09-08-2006, 08:46 AM
I was impressed with the DL, for being a bunch of fossils they held their own against the steelers.

1) 2 yards a carry won't get the job done. I don't care if it's Pittsburgh.
2) The secondary looks as bad as last year.
3) Daunte's mobility is the only thing thing that is making the OL look reasonable.
4) Your D is old and they were starting to wear down in the second half. Willie Parker ran for 115 yards.
5) MM,MM,MM,MM Just wait. This is the single biggest problem you have. The "Silent Killer"

feelthepain
09-08-2006, 11:41 AM
1) 2 yards a carry won't get the job done. I don't care if it's Pittsburgh.
2) The secondary looks as bad as last year.
3) Daunte's mobility is the only thing thing that is making the OL look reasonable.
4) Your D is old and they were starting to wear down in the second half. Willie Parker ran for 115 yards.
5) MM,MM,MM,MM Just wait. This is the single biggest problem you have. The "Silent Killer"

1st game of the year!! I wonder how tough you'll be on the Bills Sunday!!

feelthepain
09-08-2006, 11:45 AM
<!--StartFragment -->Are you concerned with Pep's play? Because it was pretty horrible for what you're paying him and how much he is meant to improve your team. Looks likes hes just picking up where he left off in Minny.

The defending superbowl champs minus star QB.

The fins are certainly better then they played I agree, but if everything you said was true then Saban was simply outcoached.

I'm not worried about much right now, if it were week 8, Yeah I'd have serious concerns, but honestly it's the first full game and you people act like we weren't in the game at all!! We had a chance to win in their house with 3 minutes to go in the game. I know you all want to cream in your panties because the fins lost, but lets not get carried away here.

SABURZFAN
09-08-2006, 11:56 AM
I know you all want to cream in your panties because the fins lost, but lets not get carried away here.

actually,that miami cheerleader in FHM would do that before a Fish loss. :up:

justasportsfan
09-08-2006, 12:17 PM

Culpepper has never been good when there is pressure on him. Give him time and he will eat you alive, but pressure him and he panics and looks like crap.

Welker impressed me.yup, they gave Culp a lot of time. Why he wasn't able to make long throws makes you wonder if the fins are playing half of Linehans system and half Moolarkey.

dplus47
09-08-2006, 02:38 PM
yup, they gave Culp a lot of time. Why he wasn't able to make long throws makes you wonder if the fins are playing half of Linehans system and half Moolarkey.

i think (and i'll have to check again) a lot of the lack of deep throws had to do with pittsburgh's coverage: they were giving a lot of cushion and playing for the deep patterns, so the phins were taking the WR screens and short stuff. i still believe in going deep at least once or twice in search of a flag, but i understand they were taking what was there.

the second pick--the TD by porter--was a pretty well executed zone blitz, something c-pep should be able to recognize after a season of practicing against it (i.e. dom capers' D). it was definitely the wrong read at the wrong time, but it was against a defenslive look that even marino had a lot of trouble with.