X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmb1099
    • Sep 2004

Too early in the season to tell but...

Initially I thought Saban held Mularkey in check, however, after looking at the playcalling (pass vs rush), and seeing the Fins not be able to hold or regain the lead, I have to admit I see shades of what happened here last year. Anyone else see or wonder this?
  • !Papacrunk!
    • Mar 2004

Re: Too early in the season to tell but...

Mularkey's calls were questionable. Should've stuck with the run more, even though the very tough Steelers D wasn't allowing anything. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, no other choice since it's just been week one. Yes, I know the consensus of MM on this board.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

that misdirection toss to the halfback on third and short was vintage Mularkey.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Looked to me like a typical Foolarkey-called game, where the Steelers' D made adjustments at halftime and his O didn't, and the Fins paid the price. Foolarkey got away from the running game in the second half and made Culpepper look terrible.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• jmb1099
          • Sep 2004

Yeah you guys are all seeing the same things I am. I thoguht that if they kept pounding Brown that he would eventually spring one. At one point Pits D looked very tired and Brown was just asserting his will but then Pass happy playcalling. Once the first pick happened Pits D got its second wind and that was it.

Comment

Working...
          X