PDA

View Full Version : Pete Carroll to.... San Diego?

OpIv37
09-08-2006, 07:23 AM
Take it for what it's worth because it came from Boomer Esiason. He talks to Elliot in the Morning every Friday during football season.

This morning, he said that Marty Schottenheimer's job is in jeopardy if Philip Rivers doesn't play up to Drew Brees' level (that shouldn't shock anyone). But then he said he wouldn't be surprised if the job went to Pete Carroll.

Certainly Pete Carroll is extremely popular in the area because of his success at USC. But would he really give up college football glory to return to the NFL, where he was less than successful his first time around?

Also, Boomer may be a little biased- if I remember correctly, Carroll was coaching the Jets when Boomer was there.

Thoughts?

RedEyE
09-08-2006, 07:45 AM
This rumor has made some circulation since last season. I'd have to imagine that Carroll would want another shot in the NFL, but look what he'd be giving up.

TigerJ
09-08-2006, 07:51 AM
I don't think there is any particular reason for Pete Carroll to be drooling for another shot at the NFL. He is king of the hill at USC. His pay is easily comparable to an NFL coach. He's extremely popular with fans and players, and the pressure is just a fracftion of what it is in the NFL.

OpIv37
09-08-2006, 07:57 AM
I don't think there is any particular reason for Pete Carroll to be drooling for another shot at the NFL. He is king of the hill at USC. His pay is easily comparable to an NFL coach. He's extremely popular with fans and players, and the pressure is just a fracftion of what it is in the NFL.

you're right about everything except the pressure- wait til USC loses 2 or 3 games in a season and then see how he feels about the pressure.

L.A. Playa
09-08-2006, 08:13 AM
Pete isnt going anywhere for at least a few years

OpIv37
09-08-2006, 08:18 AM
Pete isnt going anywhere for at least a few years

damn, isn't it like 6 am on the Left Coast? Go back to bed.

I don't think he's going anywhere either- just wanted to see everyone else's thoughts.

L.A. Playa
09-08-2006, 08:28 AM
I get up at 5 am everyday to work out, then shower, check my email and start work at 7:30

OpIv37
09-08-2006, 08:29 AM
I get up at 5 am everyday to work out, then shower, check my email and start work at 7:30

damn. I get up at 8 and start work at 9- I usually work out in the evening.

I've been trying to get up at 7 and do some cardio in the mornings too but I haven't been doing a very good job of it.

I'm not a morning person at all.

L.A. Playa
09-08-2006, 08:30 AM
I work on 3-5 hours a sleep a night