PDA

View Full Version : Mean mean reviews

Inetpub
09-08-2006, 08:41 AM
I know, Im going to get groans for this post. Remind you guys I DIDNT WRITE IT!

Just a read on where JP Losman stacks up with the rest of the NFL's starting QBs.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5764156

mybills
09-08-2006, 08:46 AM
Maybe he schatz himself when he's writing this stuff.

HHURRICANE
09-08-2006, 08:53 AM
When was this written, February?

Nall's the 3rd stringer.

Even the media recognizes that Losman has made some strides. Wether that translates to better play this year remains to be seen. Right now, I would take JP over about 2/3 of the other starters.

THATHURMANATOR
09-08-2006, 08:56 AM
What is the rookie projection system? This guy sounds like he is talking out his ass! What a ******!

Typ0
09-08-2006, 08:58 AM
kinda hard for me to not laugh at anyone that has Pitts QB situation up near the top really. They are a very good football team. Nothing spectacular at QB just functional plus big Ben had his motorcycle accident and now appendectimy. The media is just looking to sell papers by telling people what they want to hear 80% of the time.

THATHURMANATOR
09-08-2006, 09:00 AM
I disagree somewhat Typo. Big Ben is very solid! Not fantasy wise but solid. Batch proved last night to be a good backup.

THATHURMANATOR
09-08-2006, 09:03 AM
I am not even mad about the 32nd rating. To this point our QBs have proved nothing. I just don't like the rookie rating system. What is he talking about?

The King
09-08-2006, 09:04 AM
I dont read articles from writers who look like that schmuck. Take at least one snap in life before you write about crap you dont know.

OpIv37
09-08-2006, 09:04 AM
I am not even mad about the 32nd rating. To this point our QBs have proved nothing. I just don't like the rookie rating system. What is he talking about?

someone came up with a projection system that uses college stats to predict NFL success. Apparently they plugged Losman's numbers in and didn't like how it came out.

Of course, it proves nothing- if it did, NFL GM's would be paying them lots of money for it instead of ignoring it.

BillsNick
09-08-2006, 09:09 AM
This means absolutely nothing to me. :blah:

THATHURMANATOR
09-08-2006, 09:11 AM
Is there a link to this?

Michael82
09-08-2006, 09:17 AM
Notice how Nall's dad is the one posting this. :rofl:

THATHURMANATOR
09-08-2006, 09:27 AM
What mike?

ublinkwescore
09-08-2006, 09:44 AM
I will beat that guy for unresponsible journalism (or at least attemtpting it - I think you should have some credibility first), that guy clearly hasn't observed that our starters have held their own this preseason, that we've gotten better each game, and that we can score from anywhere on the field - being an underdog makes victories much more satisfying though. Unfortunately you get to read a lot of BS like this when you are the underdog.

THATHURMANATOR
09-08-2006, 09:47 AM
I attribute this to safe journalism! These guys are afraid to look foolish so they just follow the herd. The consensus is that our QBs will be bad so this is what you get. I would be willing to bet this guy didn't even watch one of our preseason games this year.

BillsNick
09-08-2006, 10:50 AM
I attribute this to safe journalism! These guys are afraid to look foolish so they just follow the herd. The consensus is that our QBs will be bad so this is what you get. I would be willing to bet this guy didn't even watch one of our preseason games this year.

Just like all the hurricane forecastors down here in Florida said that this was going to be the worst hurricane season ever. Yeah. Sure.

THATHURMANATOR
09-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Agreed.

Earthquake Enyart
09-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Well, you have to admit that there aren't many teams with worse QB's than us.

SF? Cleveland? Jets? Lions?

Miami? :snicker:

bernielivsey_1
09-08-2006, 11:12 AM
I heard the interview on the radio with the guy who came up with this projection system and he said its been right about every quarterback but one in the last decade. He didnt say which one it was. He said that JP will never be any more than average and not worth a first round pick.

tat2dmike77
09-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Fox sports is gay.

They just tell everyone what they want to hear. I'm sick of these "experts" who write crap. Yet half of them have never played a down in thier life you know the usuall suspects John Clayton, This doofus, Jay Mariotti, Michael Smith. Thier all morons thier just sports fans that happen to have a job that allows them to write thier non-sense and have it distributed to the public.

I'm not saying JP is the next whomever. However how can you sit there and say the Jets, Brownies, and 9ers are in better shape at the QB position. I live in ohio and it's all about frye the browns will go how he goes. I mean jesus ken dorsey is thier freakin back up. We all know about the jets and thier mess at QB Chad will be hurt in week 2. The 9ers well supposivlly smith is nothing more then a product of hype. Christ he played in Mountain West confrence. Some tough teams there i tell ya AF, wyoming, colorodo st, and so on.

TigerJ
09-08-2006, 11:30 AM
It's real simple. JP Losman is going to have to earn any respect he's ever going to get, and it's going to come grudgingly and slow.

BillsNick
09-08-2006, 01:28 PM
It's real simple. JP Losman is going to have to earn any respect he's ever going to get, and it's going to come grudgingly and slow.

That about sums it up. :goodpost:

Mudflap1
09-08-2006, 01:42 PM
Hey guys, here's a novel concept:

We have not made the playoffs in six years, we have proven nothing. Losman has proven nothing. Nall has proven nothing. Holcomb has been nothing more than a journeyman backup. What else do you expect critics to say?

The good news is something can be done about. Losman can play well. Buffalo is the underdog, so he couldn't have it any better really, nothing is being expected of him. Just go out and perform and he'll shut everybody up. There's nothing that turns people's heads like delivering. Time for Losman to back it up.

The media owes us nothing right now. If the Bills/Losman can go out and perform, then they will have to eat some crow.

Jon