PDA

View Full Version : Did saban get screwed on the red flag?

Kerr
09-08-2006, 09:47 AM
Yes or No?
I sincerely doubt it. It was apparent saban was hesistant because he was holding a fart, but all that flag pumping and and not letting it rip and running out on the field to get the refs attention was his downfall. He must have thought the refs have some kind of ultra hearing aid that lets them hear the drop of a pin.

Maybe we'll see saban petition to the nfl to give head coaches megaphones on the sideline to prevent this from happening again.

http://www.bruteprop.com/v1/gallery/img/megaphone_man.jpg

OpIv37
09-08-2006, 09:52 AM
It's his own responsibility to get the ref's attention. He held the flag too long and didn't make enough noise when he threw it.

As a coach, he HAS to know where the refs are going to be looking on a FG attempt, yet he still threw the flag BEHIND the refs. I think the refs blew some calls last night but they can't be blamed for not having eyes in the backs of their heads. Saban needs to be more aggressive. Cowher never would have done that pansy ass slo-pitch softball throw with the flag that Saban used- he would have run on the field yelling and launched the flag to the 20 yard line.

L.A. Playa
09-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Mularkey told him the ref could see it

OpIv37
09-08-2006, 09:54 AM
and BTW Pitt got screwed on that pass interference non-call.

justasportsfan
09-08-2006, 09:57 AM
Puhlease. He threw that flag like a :limp:

My grandma can throw further than that. Might as well bring Fiedler back.

THATHURMANATOR
09-08-2006, 09:58 AM
He was way too timid. It was an Obvious challange. He should have thrown it before the Kicking team was even on the field. Is it possible that someone he relies on in the both to review the play dropped the ball?

Mr. Miyagi
09-08-2006, 09:59 AM
and BTW Pitt got screwed on that pass interference non-call.
That's right.

As far Saban, he wasn't sure whether to throw the flag or not. It was his indecision that made them toss it out half-assed. He saw exactly where the ref was, don't say he didn't know. He screwed it up himself.

L.A. Playa
09-08-2006, 09:59 AM
didnt they say the coach can run on the field to get the refs attention?? at the very least call timeout and then tell the ref you want to challenge and not a Timeoue, he had a brain fart, bottom line Pitts probably takes it in from there anyway

X-Era
09-08-2006, 10:03 AM
Yes or No?
I sincerely doubt it. It was apparent saban was hesistant because he was holding a fart, but all that flag pumping and and not letting it rip and running out on the field to get the refs attention was his downfall. He must have thought the refs have some kind of ultra hearing aid that lets them hear the drop of a pin.

Maybe we'll see saban petition to the nfl to give head coaches megaphones on the sideline to prevent this from happening again.

http://www.bruteprop.com/v1/gallery/img/megaphone_man.jpg

Hell no he didnt get screwed. It looked like he almost did it purposely. He underthrew it on purpose and then made a half azz yell to the ref to see it.

I cant get inside his head but it REALLY looked like Saban was trying to pull a scam. I just dont know what he thought he could accomplish. Last time I checked you cant replay whether the red flag was thrown or not.

THATHURMANATOR
09-08-2006, 10:06 AM
JP read my post above.

Earthquake Enyart
09-08-2006, 10:16 AM
I don't know why everyone is hung up on this challenge. So what?

The fins win the challenge, the ball is put at the 1 and the Steelers score on the next play. BFD.

THATHURMANATOR
09-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Agreed!

Earthquake Enyart
09-08-2006, 10:18 AM
Fin fans are such pussies. :limp: :wail:

X-Era
09-08-2006, 10:24 AM
He was way too timid. It was an Obvious challange. He should have thrown it before the Kicking team was even on the field. Is it possible that someone he relies on in the both to review the play dropped the ball?

It could very well be. Maybe the booth had their heads up their azz's, Saban probably felt like he had the call, but wa stimid due to not getting confirmation from the booth.

Doesnt matter to me, Saban needs to grow a set or keep the flag in his pocket. He kind of acted like a big puss.

tampabay25690
09-08-2006, 10:25 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO TERRIBLE coaching decision............He should have thrown it as soon as the TD was announced.....

THATHURMANATOR
09-08-2006, 10:32 AM
But you must remember that he is on the other side of the field 50 yards away. He couldn't have known with his naked eye. He relies on people in the booth. If they dropped the ball I could see him not throwing it right away. That is total speculation on my part but would make sense.

Gunzlingr
09-08-2006, 10:35 AM
I think he did purposely so he could have an excuse for losing. It is his fault and everyone but him has said so.

THATHURMANATOR
09-08-2006, 10:36 AM
Well the Steelers would have scored probably so they still would have lost. He is looking like a douche at this point.

LtBillsFan66
09-08-2006, 10:38 AM
He shouldn't have pussy-footed out on the field if he wanted the challenge so bad.

L.A. Playa
09-08-2006, 10:40 AM
He shouldn't have pussy-footed out on the field if he wanted the challenge so bad.

http://www.magicmakers.com/internet jpg T/tutu.jpg

SABURZFAN
09-08-2006, 11:23 AM
hell no.cowher would have thrown the flag in FRONT of walt coleman while he was telling and screaming to get his attention.the WHOLE sidelines on miami side stood around like a bunch of mopes.

TigerJ
09-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Officials have trouble seeing straight ahead. There's no way the official is going to see a flag thrown behind him. It's Saban's own fault he didn't throw the flag a little sooner and somewhere the official couldn't miss it. Making noise would have helped too.

feelthepain
09-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Sabans fault, lesson learned!

carybillsfan
09-08-2006, 12:19 PM
Sabans fault, lesson learned!

The only thing learned is that Saban's a pansy! And he's probably not the pitcher of their softball team. :squish: