• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Thoughts

After finally having a chance to watch some of the final preseaon game I have a few observations to make. I haven't had too much time to read a lot of the post game threads as I wanted to avoid them until I actually saw the game, so don't attack too hard if I am repeating some of the thoughts already said.

First, I was not too impressed with JP. I don't know if he just wanted to get his series in and sit for the rest of the game or if it is a lack of confidence in himself, but he looked very shakey. He almost threw a pick and his other completions were not strong. Perhaps he was just trying to get donwfield and avoid injury.

Secondly I don't agree with the naming of Holcomb backup. Nall looked pretty good out there, even though I was watching while half asleep. To me it seemed as if Nall earned the spot of back up and I don't know why they gave the job to Holcomb. Perhaps the coaching staff saw amoething I didn't, but Holcomb didn't impress me as much as Nall did.

The O-line looked solid around Losman, and I did not see them on the sack so I can't comment on the collapse and what led to it, but they did look like the starters were gelling.

I am not convinced yet that JP will have what it takes as he still needs to calm down. If he gets the confidence he will do well. He has the ability, and I'm waiting see how he preforms in real game situations before I pass a harsh judgement.

To echo sentiments posted earlier I will always BILLIEVE!!!
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• bernielivsey_1
    • Jul 2003

Re: Thoughts

Pass protection = calm quarterback

Fingers crossed
    In Marv We Trust
    The Past Is Now The Future

Comment

• L.A. Playa
      • Aug 2003

I saw the thread name and was shocked.........that you think

Comment

• ublinkwescore
        Sab and TD are insignificant
        • Sep 2002

The guy went 5-5 - what more do you want?
        www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

Working...
        X