PDA

View Full Version : RUN and STOP the RUN

im4bflo
09-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Without a running game, we're in trouble.
But get it going, and we can beat them.
Our D line has to step up too, and stop their running game.
Pretty basic stuff, who wants it more!???
GO BILLS!!!!!!!!
:monkeyp:BRADY

ICE74129
09-08-2006, 01:08 PM
Throw to stop the run, Shut down Tom Brady.

SABURZFAN
09-08-2006, 01:15 PM
it's easier said than done.brady is a smart QB and he can adapt to most any situation.

TacklingDummy
09-08-2006, 01:40 PM
A Pass rush so McGee and Clements are not hung out to dry would be nice.

ublinkwescore
09-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Brady's got a right shoulder injury - I'm thinking if the opportunity presents itself, maybe we can turn him into Chad Pennington part 2 - but I don't want it to happen on a late hit, or to be dirty - I just hope we can aggravate that a little to increase his discomfort when he throws.

ublinkwescore
09-08-2006, 01:41 PM
to clear that previous post - I hope it's a clean shot.

im4bflo
09-08-2006, 11:35 PM
We've got to eliminate the run or the pass, if they get both going, our D will be out there all day. Stuff the run first, Brady is throwing to two new receivers, he may not be as good. Hopefully we'll get some turnovers from our DB's.
And I read something about their new RB may be dinged, we need to shut down the run.
GO BILLS!

LifetimeBillsFan
09-09-2006, 03:06 AM
The Bills have to run, even if they aren't all that successful at it, to keep the Pats defense honest and give JP a chance to throw the ball without getting killed. The offensive line has to get the job done--it won't be easy, but it can be done.

The defense has to stop the run--or at least keep the Pats from using the run to dictate the pass and keep them off-balance--so that Brady can't pick-and-chose when and where he wants to attack the Bills' secondary. The question is: can they do it?

Just as importantly, the Bills have to take away the middle of the field so that the Pats' big, fast TEs, Watson and Graham do not run wild. Watson has been Brady's favorite target this preseason--the Bills have to take him away. They can achieve this by getting pressure on Brady quickly and crowding the middle of the field with their safeties and LBs, forcing Brady to go to his WRs instead of waiting for his TEs to find the seams in the zones in the middle of the field. I see this as a MUST.

IMHO the Bills CBs match-up favorably on the outside against the Pats' WRs and can win that battle if the D-line can stop the run and force Brady to get rid of the ball quickly to his WRs instead of taking the time to get it to his TEs. Brady has not had that much time to work with Gabriel and Smith, who just arrived this week, or C.Jackson, who has missed a lot of time in preseason due to injury, so his timing with those WRs can't be that perfect yet. T.Brown and R.Caldwell are good and they have worked well with Brady in the preseason, but Clements and McGee should be able to limit the amount of damage that they do. (Think of it this way: which matchups are more favorable for the Bills--Clements and McGee on Caldwell and Brown, or Vincent and Whitner/Wire--or Fletcher and a safety--on Watson and Graham?)

If the Bills can do these things, with their advantage in special teams, they will have a shot. The question is whether they can get it done....

im4bflo
09-09-2006, 10:42 AM
The Bills have to run, even if they aren't all that successful at it, to keep the Pats defense honest and give JP a chance to throw the ball without getting killed. The offensive line has to get the job done--it won't be easy, but it can be done.

The defense has to stop the run--or at least keep the Pats from using the run to dictate the pass and keep them off-balance--so that Brady can't pick-and-chose when and where he wants to attack the Bills' secondary. The question is: can they do it?

Just as importantly, the Bills have to take away the middle of the field so that the Pats' big, fast TEs, Watson and Graham do not run wild. Watson has been Brady's favorite target this preseason--the Bills have to take him away. They can achieve this by getting pressure on Brady quickly and crowding the middle of the field with their safeties and LBs, forcing Brady to go to his WRs instead of waiting for his TEs to find the seams in the zones in the middle of the field. I see this as a MUST.

IMHO the Bills CBs match-up favorably on the outside against the Pats' WRs and can win that battle if the D-line can stop the run and force Brady to get rid of the ball quickly to his WRs instead of taking the time to get it to his TEs. Brady has not had that much time to work with Gabriel and Smith, who just arrived this week, or C.Jackson, who has missed a lot of time in preseason due to injury, so his timing with those WRs can't be that perfect yet. T.Brown and R.Caldwell are good and they have worked well with Brady in the preseason, but Clements and McGee should be able to limit the amount of damage that they do. (Think of it this way: which matchups are more favorable for the Bills--Clements and McGee on Caldwell and Brown, or Vincent and Whitner/Wire--or Fletcher and a safety--on Watson and Graham?)

If the Bills can do these things, with their advantage in special teams, they will have a shot. The question is whether they can get it done....

I agree, well said. It's how both our lines play, in a nutshell.
GIT-R-DONE... GO BILLS!