PDA

View Full Version : I don't know why NE is so favored this Sunday

Mr. Miyagi
09-08-2006, 03:37 PM
Sure they have Tom Brady and Bellichick, but they're not really the same team that won all those SuperBowls anymore.

Dillon is getting old.
No Deion Branch, David Givens, or any real receivers.
Daniel Graham and Ben Watson? Pulees.
Warren and Seymour on DEs, okay.
No McGinnes.
Vrabel, Colvin, Harrison - fine.
St. Tedi is hurting.
Junior Seau? :rofl:
Real afraid of Hobbs and Smauel :rolleyes:
OC and DC are all new as well.

Pound for pound we can play with them, especially now we won't be so outcoached anymore like with Moolarkey.

We have a real chance to beat them at home guys. I Billieve!

dplus47
09-08-2006, 03:39 PM
i think the bills are better off as big underdogs in this game. NE is already gonna come out with the "no respect" card and play it all year. it's better when they're actually getting respect, because then they have to make up things to show they get no respect. then it becomes comical...

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-08-2006, 03:40 PM
they are favored because they are at home, they are a proven team that knows how to win and the odds makers love Brady and Belicheck.

The bills are unproven, on the road, young and in the eyes of the media and odds makers, have an unproven QB

GO BILLS!

justasportsfan
09-08-2006, 03:43 PM
Teddy can turn the sun off with one word.

patmoran2006
09-08-2006, 03:52 PM
1- They're at home.
2- They're still regarded as a powerhouse
3- They're playing a team they've owned over recent years
4- The Bills are regarded around the league as a HORRIBLE team, one of the worst in the league, whether people on here want to hear it or not.

Til we prove otherwise, get used to it.. The line may even be higher at Miami next week.

LtFinFan66
09-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Sure they have Tom Brady and Bellichick, but they're not really the same team that won all those SuperBowls anymore.

Dillon is getting old.
No McGinnes.
St. Tedi is hurting.

Pound for pound we can play with them, especially now we won't be so outcoached anymore like with Moolarkey.

We have a real chance to beat them at home guys. I Billieve!Are you serious?? You know until they are unseated and no longer the league darlings they will be favored. Do you really think the league will let you guys beat the Patriots on the 5 year anniversary of 9-11:idunno:

Mr. Miyagi
09-08-2006, 03:57 PM
1- They're at home.
2- They're still regarded as a powerhouse
3- They're playing a team they've owned over recent years
4- The Bills are regarded around the league as a HORRIBLE team, one of the worst in the league, whether people on here want to hear it or not.
I agree. But the point is, it doesn't make all those perceptions true.

I think as the season goes on, the love for NE will drop off.

ublinkwescore
09-08-2006, 04:01 PM
If we go 2-0 we are a playoff quality team.

Mitchy moo
09-08-2006, 04:32 PM

darkness (charlie Murphy)

Devin
09-08-2006, 04:44 PM

Dillon is getting old.
No McGinnes.
St. Tedi is hurting.

We have a real chance to beat them at home guys. I Billieve!

1. Maroney
2. TE's Graham/Watson
3. Brady
4. Belichek
5. Homefield
6. Some guy named Seymour.

Tatonka
09-08-2006, 04:52 PM
ben watson will be the best TE in the league this season. mark it down. number one. close to 100 catches. over 1000 yards.

ublinkwescore
09-08-2006, 06:15 PM
I hope not.

I hope Spikes is on him like maggots on dog$#!t.

(fitting analogy right - for the latter anyways)

patmoran2006
09-08-2006, 06:26 PM
ben watson will be the best TE in the league this season. mark it down. number one. close to 100 catches. over 1000 yards.

I nearly agree.. Ben Watson is gonna be sick this year.. Antonio Gates like sick.
But i dont think he'll be the best.

That distinction is going to a rookie.. Vernon Davis.

patmoran2006
09-08-2006, 06:27 PM
I agree. But the point is, it doesn't make all those perceptions true.

I think as the season goes on, the love for NE will drop off.

I agree. but for now the line is what it should be, to be honest I'm surprised its not double digits.

mybills
09-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Nah, he just claps twice.

SquishDaFish
09-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Because the allmighty TEDDY BRUSCHI still plays for them. Im sure youll her it about 40 million times on Sunday.

Tatonka
09-08-2006, 07:34 PM
I nearly agree.. Ben Watson is gonna be sick this year.. Antonio Gates like sick.
But i dont think he'll be the best.

i think that you are going to be sorely off on the vernon davis prediction. i was not impressed by him at all in the preseason. not that he wont be a great player, but i just think there is going to be some ramp up time there.. he has no talent around him and a rookie cant do it all.

and whoever said spike can cover watson.. spikes was a 4.5 guy before the injury, but not right now.. and watson may be faster than 4.5 at this point.. spikes could not cover watson man to man right now.. it has to be whitner, OR if they are smart, they will put clements on him.

Nighthawk
09-08-2006, 07:37 PM
i think that you are going to be sorely off on the vernon davis prediction. i was not impressed by him at all in the preseason. not that he wont be a great player, but i just think there is going to be some ramp up time there.. he has no talent around him and a rookie cant do it all.

and whoever said spike can cover watson.. spikes was a 4.5 guy before the injury, but not right now.. and watson may be faster than 4.5 at this point.. spikes could not cover watson man to man right now.. it has to be whitner, OR if they are smart, they will put clements on him.

This is why they drafted Whitner, let's hope he's up to the challenge! Also, this is a big reason why the Bills can't start Wire...he is one of the worst cover safeties in the league!

Mr. Miyagi
09-08-2006, 08:28 PM
:spit: Alex Smith is gonna light it up. :rofl:

!Papacrunk!
09-08-2006, 08:36 PM

I completely agree. Especially since they don't have a lot of name WRs.

I actually hope the Bills win this Sunday. Have them get a big head going into next week, as we're upset over the loss to the Steelers. I prefer to be the underdog like last year. I think this Pats game will be a lot better than a lot of the media thinks it to be.

patmoran2006
09-08-2006, 08:46 PM
Vernon Davis will make him look a lot less ****ty..

Ask Drew Brees how things are going in NO in like week 8 when it hits him he doesnt have Gates to bail him out anymore.

The_Philster
09-08-2006, 08:54 PM
3. Alex Smith (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/552642), San Francisco 49ers: Smith had a lousy rookie season, but I could have told you that was in the cards before the season started. With a new coach and a rebuilding team, Smith was literally thrown to the wolves. He started seven games as a rookie and looked lost in every one of them. I know for a fact that he was lost because as a rookie, I looked just like that. With this team adding Vernon Davis (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/409254) at tight end, settling with Frank Gore (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/411568) at running back and adding a player like Larry Allen (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/3027) at guard, Smith will be light years ahead of where he was last year. Much like Rivers, Smith has prototypical NFL quarterback size, is exceptionally bright and had a great college career. The biggest jump that an NFL quarterback makes in his career is between the first and second seasons when he finally realizes exactly what is happening to him. So look for Smith to bounce back and have a quality NFL season.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9615784

ublinkwescore
09-08-2006, 09:31 PM
Screw Boomer.

Tatonka
09-08-2006, 11:11 PM
pat, your not serious right? do you really truely believe that vernon davis will have the best season of ALL TEs in the league this season??

patmoran2006
09-08-2006, 11:23 PM
I cant say that he will, but I wouldnt be surprised at all if he did.

My possibly-stupid prediction is that in the next five years, Vernon Davis will dominate his position the same way guys like Jerry Rice, Reggie White, Lawrence Taylor and Barry Sanders dominated theirs. I think he's going to be THAT good.

patmoran2006
09-08-2006, 11:23 PM
BUT.

I'll say this.. Ben Watson is going to be a beast all year, and I think he's going to eat the Bills alive (among many other teams)

Typ0
09-08-2006, 11:30 PM
they are favored because they are at home, they are a proven team that knows how to win and the odds makers love Brady and Belicheck.

The bills are unproven, on the road, young and in the eyes of the media and odds makers, have an unproven QB

GO BILLS!

oddsmakers set the lines based on what they think the betting population thinks...and the lines move based on the way people bet. Hence, it is the betting public that is driving the lines not the oddsmakers.

Tatonka
09-08-2006, 11:32 PM
pat, i wont be surprised in 5 years.. but i would be SHOCKED if he had a big impact for his team, let alone be the best TE in the league as a rookie.