Who to watch-
QB Anthony Morelli #14
HB Tony Hunt #26
OT Levi Brown #67
DT Jay Alford #13
OLB Paul Poslusnzky #31
MLB Tim Shaw #20
OLB Dan Connor #40

Analysis: Its going to be tough for a young but exciting Penn State team to beat the experienced Irish, especially at Notre Dame Stadium where expectations have never been higher. Quinn and Walker lead a dangerous offensive attack that is looking for its rythmn after struggling week 1 at Georgia Tech. Penn State is still raw and young and graduated dynamic QB Micheal Robinson. Morelli takes over and he's got a cannon and a quick release but has he learned how to read defenses well enough yet. If Penn State is going to beat Notre Dame its going to be on Morelli's arm, as Notre Dame is weak in the secondary. Look for the Irish to pound the ball with Walker and use speedster McKnight to open up the offense for The Shark to do damage in the middle of the field. Either way I expect a shoot out. Players to watch- OT Levi Brown, and OT Ryan Harris. Enjoy the game!

R. Rich
09-09-2006, 05:42 AM
Pounding the ball plays right into Penn State's hands. Poz, Dan Connor, Tim Shaw, and Jay Alford will be waiting. They're better off trying to throw on a very inexperienced secondary (PSU lost ALL of their starters from last season).

Enjoy the game? I sure hope so. I've been waiting for "that school" to re-appear on Penn State's schedule ever since that 1 point loss in '92 (damn you, Reggie Brooks!). I would've liked to have seen this game last year, but we do have a shot this year. Next year, they'll play again, only @ Beaver Stadium. I will try my best to be in attendance. I would've gone to this year's game, except the ticket prices were absolutely ridiculous.

shelby
09-09-2006, 07:52 AM
Go Irish!:beers:

R. Rich
09-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Go to hell, Irish!:beers:

That's a bit strong, but I get your point.

OpIv37
09-09-2006, 10:45 AM
I would also watch Thomas at LB for ND. He's a converted tailback and last week he was playing both O and D. The reason he was moved to LB is because Weiss wanted more speed, but he's only 215 so he lacks size for a LB.

OpIv37
09-09-2006, 10:47 AM
also I would add S Anthony Scirrotto to the list for PSU- but only because he's friends with my cousin. They played HS football together.

DraftBoy
09-09-2006, 11:17 AM
This is an example of what you guys can find every week in the Scouting Zone, they are moved to the BZ so it will get more attention. So come and check out the Scouting Zone!!

Irish Phin Fan
09-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Go Irish baby!!!

Dozerdog
09-09-2006, 11:42 AM
I would also watch Thomas at LB for ND. He's a converted tailback and last week he was playing both O and D. The reason he was moved to LB is because Weiss wanted more speed, but he's only 215 so he lacks size for a LB.Probably a safety at the next level?

Is he a Jr or Sr??

Sounds like Coy Wire Jr....... a converted RB to LB in college

OpIv37
09-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Probably a safety at the next level?

Is he a Jr or Sr??

Sounds like Coy Wire Jr....... a converted RB to LB in college

he's a Sr.

He was a decent tailback last year but Walker was the main guy. Whether or not he makes the next level probably depends on how well he does at LB.

patmoran2006
09-09-2006, 12:07 PM
ND is gonna pound em.

T-Long
09-09-2006, 12:33 PM
ooooooooohhhhhhh
ooooooooohhhhhhh
oooooooooohhhhhh

LETS GO STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got two words: Paul Posluszny
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/tlong8212/posluszny_bleeds.jpg

Slim
09-09-2006, 01:12 PM
ND is gonna pound em.

I love ND, and i think they'll make this gmae a statement, Brady will rip them to shreds.

DraftBoy
09-09-2006, 01:14 PM
he's a Sr.

He was a decent tailback last year but Walker was the main guy. Whether or not he makes the next level probably depends on how well he does at LB.

He was craptastic RB last year, constant fumbling problems. Weiss gave him the benefit of the doubt but in the offseason decided it was best to move him and make room for Freshman phenom James Aldridge (#3 overall back in the country).

Rich Ill take pounding the ball into your D all day long, you guys are stout at LB and DT, but we cant throw all day, we have to set up the run, and Charlie seems committed to that this year. Walker had a good game against a similarly strong GT defense last week, lets see what happens against PSU at home.

OpIv37
09-09-2006, 01:25 PM
He was craptastic RB last year, constant fumbling problems. Weiss gave him the benefit of the doubt but in the offseason decided it was best to move him and make room for Freshman phenom James Aldridge (#3 overall back in the country).

Rich Ill take pounding the ball into your D all day long, you guys are stout at LB and DT, but we cant throw all day, we have to set up the run, and Charlie seems committed to that this year. Walker had a good game against a similarly strong GT defense last week, lets see what happens against PSU at home.

Now that you mention it, sticking to the run seems to be key to ND. If they can run the ball, obviously no problem. If Penn St keeps stuffing the run, Quinn can beat them passing. But they have to maintain a credible threat of running the ball to keep the LB's from backing off and helping in the passing game. They can't pull a Mularkey and give up on the run too soon.

DraftBoy
09-09-2006, 01:38 PM
Now that you mention it, sticking to the run seems to be key to ND. If they can run the ball, obviously no problem. If Penn St keeps stuffing the run, Quinn can beat them passing. But they have to maintain a credible threat of running the ball to keep the LB's from backing off and helping in the passing game. They can't pull a Mularkey and give up on the run too soon.

Complete agreement

cordog
09-09-2006, 01:49 PM
All I have to say is

WE ARE !!!!!!!!!

The_Philster
09-09-2006, 01:51 PM
All I have to say is

WE ARE !!!!!!!!!
Penn State!!!

Kerr
09-09-2006, 01:54 PM
Go irish. yay.

T-Long
09-09-2006, 02:02 PM
let's keep it goin...

WE ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The_Philster
09-09-2006, 02:03 PM
let's keep it goin...

WE ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PENN STATE!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.collegefanstuff.com/pennstate/pennstateflag.jpg

DraftBoy
09-09-2006, 02:41 PM
LETS GO IRISH!!

The_Philster
09-09-2006, 04:11 PM
:jawdrop: This just in...the Irish are good...they had everything working for them in the 1st half, it seems. Penn State had some major miscues that hurt them and they didn't recover immediately from. Regardless of who's winning, it's been an entertaining game...although the score at the end of the half makes it a little less watchable for me :ill:

DraftBoy
09-09-2006, 04:21 PM
there is no better game on right now, and its not over Derrick Williams is too dangerous to me. Penn State better find away to shore up the D.

The_Philster
09-09-2006, 04:23 PM
Well, I'm still hoping he can give you something to really be scared about :D

Irish Phin Fan
09-09-2006, 04:25 PM
Irish looking good so far.

Irish Phin Fan
09-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Irish looking good so far.

The_Philster
09-09-2006, 04:38 PM
I knew this year wouldn't be as good as last year for Penn State but this is putrid :ill:

Ebenezer
09-09-2006, 04:43 PM
sure, I have to be at work and only get updates on ESPN real time scores....

GO IRISH!!!

:ebby: :lolpoint: PSU fans

The_Philster
09-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Hey..PSU fans are gonna be Irish fans for the most part next week! :mad:

SquishDaFish
09-09-2006, 05:29 PM
GO IRISH!! I told you ND would beat the hell out of Penn St Phil

Ebenezer
09-09-2006, 05:32 PM
41-3!!! what a beautiful sight.

NEWS FLASH: This Brady Quinn kid is good.

SquishDaFish
09-09-2006, 05:38 PM
SQUASHED!

HAMMER
09-09-2006, 05:52 PM
let's keep it goin...

WE ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....getting beaten like a drum.

OpIv37
09-09-2006, 06:06 PM
did I call that on Thomas as a player to watch or what?

LtFinFan66
09-09-2006, 06:13 PM
:blah:

j/k

dolphan117
09-09-2006, 06:13 PM
41-3!!! what a beautiful sight.

NEWS FLASH: This Brady Quinn kid is good.When we were 3-7 last year and it looked like we were going to be drafting a lot higher than we ended up I was so hoping he would declar and give us a shot at him. Talk about a well coached prospect.

R. Rich
09-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Good game......for "that school".

Penn State screwed up so many times early on, but they hung in there for the most part. The things that really killed them were:

1. The bobbled snap on the FG early on.
2. Hunt's fumble.
3. The dropped INT in the end zone, which would've killed a scoring drive by "that school".
4. THE NON FUMBLE RECOVERY AFTER THE BIG HIT TO JAR THE BALL LOOSE ON THE PUNT. Instead of running w/ a ball you don't have yet, how 'bout you just fall on the damn thing like the "that school" player who shot in front of you did???? That was a killer, as was...
5. That TD drive @ the end of the first half. After all their efforts offensively (averaging over 5 yards a play @ this point), they had nothing to show for it due to the above screwups.
6. Morelli's botched pitchout. This play practically sealed Penn State's fate.

Now, that said, you have to give "that school" props. Their D pitched a 1st half shutout and kept us spinning our wheels in the 2nd half. Quinn actually looked like a Hypeman candidate this week, and they just flat out beat Penn State in all phases of the game.

Not much to smile about after watching this one, except for the play of Morelli. Yeah, he threw a pick and the fumble, but I do like the way he handled the pressure of playing such a huge game on the road. This was one of the keys to how Penn State was going to do this year, and I'm encouraged by his development this early (2 starts into his career). The defense is fast, but that secondary was waaaaaaay overmatched today, as I knew they'd be. The best we can hope for is to get these guys the experience they need to become a great team. If these young guys develop well, next year's rematch (in Happy Valley, w/ me in attendance, God willing) could turn out just the opposite. "That school" got us this year after a lot of losses (due to graduation); we'll get them next year after a lot of losses. That's why I said it's too bad we couldn't have seen these teams go head up last year.

Bottom line: no excuses. Penn State got their a**es kicked today by a better team. Hopefully, next year's game will have a different result.

SquishDaFish
09-09-2006, 08:00 PM
Rich its NOTRE DAMN!! Contender for Championship

Ebenezer
09-09-2006, 08:40 PM
Hey..PSU fans are gonna be Irish fans for the most part next week! :mad:
no..you cannot be "fans" you can root for them to win but you are not ND "fans".

Gunzlingr
09-09-2006, 08:48 PM
I am not buying into the ND cult. I don't cheer for anybody.

tat2dmike77
09-09-2006, 10:52 PM
All I have to say is

WE GOT OWNED!!!!!!!!!

Just a bit

The_Philster
09-10-2006, 01:34 AM
no..you cannot be "fans" you can root for them to win but you are not ND "fans".
You know what I meant :mad: