PDA

View Full Version : Who will be inactive Sunday?

G. Host
09-08-2006, 07:27 PM
Which players on the roster will be inactive?

I believe 7 need to be inactive:

Nall, Craig - 3rd QB
Bowen, Matt - injured
Youboty, Ashton - out of shape
Butler, Brad - inexperienced
Merz, Aaron - inexperienced
Thomas, Anthony - Not a special teams player
Powell, Eric - inexperienced

OpIv37
09-08-2006, 07:30 PM
I'd leave Thomas in there. I'm more comfortable with him as Willis' back up than Shaud. Shaud will never be more than a "change of pace" back- I wish we had kept Gates.

G. Host
09-08-2006, 07:32 PM
Obviously they kept Shaud for ST so why would Bills keep him inactive? Gates didn't play ST and showed no potential amd is on a PS again.

The_Philster
09-08-2006, 07:38 PM
You can have up to 45 players active..plus the 3rd QB...so you need 7 players inactive...and Nall can't be one of them

The_Philster
09-08-2006, 07:42 PM
swap in DiGiorgio and Ellison/Aiken for Nall and A-Train on G. Host's list to make my list

G. Host
09-08-2006, 07:45 PM
You can have up to 45 players active..plus the 3rd QB...so you need 7 players inactive...and Nall can't be one of them

In that case add Ellison. Aiken is a ST player and will be on field.
I think they will want to give DiGiorgio playing time.

The_Philster
09-08-2006, 07:48 PM
In that case add Ellison. Aiken is a ST player and will be on field.
I think they will want to give DiGiorgio playing time.
I don't think we'll carry 6 WRs for the game...I was torn between Davis and Aiken :scratch:

OpIv37
09-08-2006, 07:53 PM
Obviously they kept Shaud for ST so why would Bills keep him inactive? Gates didn't play ST and showed no potential amd is on a PS again.

I hope you don't mean returning kicks/punts because there's at least 4 guys on our roster who are better at it than Shaud.

Albany,n.y.
09-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Nall -3rd QB
Youboty
Bowen
Pennington
Merz
Ellison
McCargo
Haggan
The last 2 were really tough, we have a lot more talent than the "experts" think.
By position:
QB: Obviously Nall is 3rd QB
RB: No way we leave any of the 3 RBs inactive-RB is the toughest position to play in terms of getting banged up & if 1 RB goes down, you still need another to give the backup or starter a breather.
FB: No way the 1 FB is inactive.
WR: I think all 6 will be active, if 1 goes it's probably Davis, but if Parrish sat I wouldn't be as shocked as most others.
TE: Neufeld is a candidate, but he fills 2 roles, so he'll probably remain active.
OL: I think Butler has been less of a project than Pennington-Butler stays active as the backup OT. There's no need for Merz to be active-he's the lock of healthy inactives.
DL: I can't see more than 1 from this group. McCargo, as a total guess.
LBs: 5 will be active, 2 won't be. In a surprise, I choose DiGiorgio to play over Haggan. Ellison is a lock inactive.
DBs: Youboty is a lock inactive due to time lost, Bowen also due to injury. Somebody is not only headed for inactives among the guys who will suit up this week, but I think Kiwaukee won't be on the roster once Youboty is physically & mentally ready to contribute.

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Nall -3rd QB
Youboty
Bowen
Pennington
Merz
Ellison
Davis
Powell

RedEyE
09-09-2006, 08:43 AM
I think the inactive rule is ******ed.

patmoran2006
09-09-2006, 08:46 AM
I think Andre Davis will play..

we need ALL The speed we can get vs NE secondary

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2006, 09:08 AM
With Price, Evans and Parrish playing that should cover it. The Bills can only have so many players out there at one time.

patmoran2006
09-09-2006, 09:10 AM
i dont think it will happen, but if I had my way, I'd have Davis on the field over Reed..

John Doe
09-09-2006, 10:07 AM
Pennington
Mertz
DiGiorgio
Bowen
Powell
Youboty
Ellison

OpIv37
09-09-2006, 10:51 AM
Nall -3rd QB
Youboty
Bowen
Pennington
Merz
Ellison
McCargo
Haggan
The last 2 were really tough, we have a lot more talent than the "experts" think.
By position:
QB: Obviously Nall is 3rd QB
RB: No way we leave any of the 3 RBs inactive-RB is the toughest position to play in terms of getting banged up & if 1 RB goes down, you still need another to give the backup or starter a breather.
FB: No way the 1 FB is inactive.
WR: I think all 6 will be active, if 1 goes it's probably Davis, but if Parrish sat I wouldn't be as shocked as most others.
TE: Neufeld is a candidate, but he fills 2 roles, so he'll probably remain active.
OL: I think Butler has been less of a project than Pennington-Butler stays active as the backup OT. There's no need for Merz to be active-he's the lock of healthy inactives.
DL: I can't see more than 1 from this group. McCargo, as a total guess.
LBs: 5 will be active, 2 won't be. In a surprise, I choose DiGiorgio to play over Haggan. Ellison is a lock inactive.
DBs: Youboty is a lock inactive due to time lost, Bowen also due to injury. Somebody is not only headed for inactives among the guys who will suit up this week, but I think Kiwaukee won't be on the roster once Youboty is physically & mentally ready to contribute.

there is NO WAY we can leave McCargo out of the game. This team only has four DT's on the roster and we already know they plan on using a rotation.

If they only dress 3 and there's one injury, that means the other two guys will have to go the distance.

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2006, 01:32 PM
i dont think it will happen, but if I had my way, I'd have Davis on the field over Reed..

For his route running and blocking, I would rather have Reed. There are already WR's similar to Davis out there. Also, Losman seems to be comfortable with Reed and against NE he needs guys he likes to use.

G. Host
09-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Actual Inactives:

3QB
16 C.Nall, CB
26 A.Youboty, RB
36 S.Williams, S
41 M.Bowen, OL
60 B.Butler, OL
62 A.Merz, DL
91 E.Powell, LB
96 J.DiGiorgio