PDA

View Full Version : Win or Lose, this BETTER not happen Sunday

patmoran2006
09-08-2006, 11:31 PM
I dont care if its 3-0 NE in the third quarter, and JP Losman is 2-18 for 6 yards with 3 interceptions and 8 sacks...

Dick Jauron BETTER NOT PULL HIM in week one for Holcomb, it will **** his head up for the ENTIRE season...... IF he does, I will LOSE ANY RESPECT I have for him.

billsburgh
09-09-2006, 02:35 AM
:bf1:
I am sure there will be some groing pains with JP this year, hopefully not as many bad performances as last year, but I have a felling we will see the good plays outnumber the bad plays by JP.

Ebenezer
09-09-2006, 02:49 AM
except for injury I doubt we will see Nall or Holcolme this year.

Meathead
09-09-2006, 03:00 AM
2-18 for 6 yards with 3 interceptions and 8 sacks...

what if it was 0-14 with both scores being returned ints

LifetimeBillsFan
09-09-2006, 03:20 AM
I can agree with you, Pat. But, there is something else that I don't want to see even more:

If JP gets off to a bad start like he did last year in Tampa Bay, I will go absolutely ballistic if the defense quits like it did then.

If that happens I want to see Jauron bench and cut any and every player who does and I don't care if it is Spikes, Fletcher-Baker, Schobel, Vincent, Clements, McGee, ANYBODY!!!

I don't expect the Bills young kids to quit, but I don't want them to see one of the vets quit on the team and think that they can do the same and get away with it. What happened last season was disgusting and I never want to see it happen on a Bills team ever again!

(PS: For anyone who doesn't know what I am talking about: after JP Losman stepped on the end line for a safety, giving the Bucs a 2-0 lead, the Bills special teams covered the free kick at the TB 30 yard line, at which point the Bills defense proceeded to put on one of the most lackluster exhibitions of poor tackling that you will ever see in the NFL as the Bucs marched 70 yards against minimal opposition to make the game 9-0--you could see the wind and heart (what was left of it) go out of the entire Bills team and, when the Bills gave up another score before halftime, their entire season was headed downhill to 5-11 from then on.)

YardRat
09-09-2006, 04:56 AM
Jauron has done everything right up to this point regarding the QB situation...why would you think he'd pull an about-face at this time?

X-Era
09-09-2006, 05:21 AM
I dont care if its 3-0 NE in the third quarter, and JP Losman is 2-18 for 6 yards with 3 interceptions and 8 sacks...

Dick Jauron BETTER NOT PULL HIM in week one for Holcomb, it will **** his head up for the ENTIRE season...... IF he does, I will LOSE ANY RESPECT I have for him.

I think the reasonthis wont happen is because no one with a brain thinks Holcomb or Nall is any better

Last year, people could argue that Holcomb was better. But now, KH proved to everyone that he stinks, and JP played well enough to earn the job. Theres no better option, thats why JP stays in the game period.

You cant even argue that he should get benched if he regresses. No one with a brain thinks KH or Nall will give us any more wins. KH proved that as well last year with putrid performances against a clown team like the Jets.

It JP or Bust. 0 and 16 or 16 and 0, JP starts this whole year PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Historian
09-09-2006, 06:27 AM
I would consider it a victory if they didn't run a double reverse, flea-flicker halfback option inside the opponent's 10 yard line.

:ill:

TacklingDummy
09-09-2006, 06:43 AM
If JP gets off to a bad start like he did last year in Tampa Bay, I will go absolutely ballistic if the defense quits like it did then.

If that happens I want to see Jauron bench and cut any and every player who does and I don't care if it is Spikes, Fletcher-Baker, Schobel, Vincent, Clements, McGee, ANYBODY!!!

(PS: For anyone who doesn't know what I am talking about: after JP Losman stepped on the end line for a safety, giving the Bucs a 2-0 lead, the Bills special teams covered the free kick at the TB 30 yard line, at which point the Bills defense proceeded to put on one of the most lackluster exhibitions of poor tackling that you will ever see in the NFL as the Bucs marched 70 yards against minimal opposition to make the game 9-0--you could see the wind and heart (what was left of it) go out of the entire Bills team and, when the Bills gave up another score before halftime, their entire season was headed downhill to 5-11 from then on.)

The Bills Defense didn't quit that game. The score was only 9-3 at halftime. The D got tired that game from being on the field for over 40 minutes. The Bills had 10 drives against Tampa, 8 of them were for 5 plays or less. With 2, 13 play drives at the end of the game.

I don't call that quitting, I call it being tired from being on the field all day because your offense couldn't make a first down.

Historian
09-09-2006, 06:46 AM
They looked so cool in their throwbacks though...

Jan Reimers
09-09-2006, 07:16 AM
We need to stay the course with Losman all season. Anyone smarter than a bag of hammers understands that.

!Papacrunk!
09-09-2006, 08:02 AM
At this point Jauron is not Wanny (the coach that makes me shudder each time,) so I don't think you have anything to worry about. During the miraculous 4-12 year, the 1st game Fielder struggled a little bit, not too bad, but he benched him and put Feeley in after half time. What coach, other than Wanny, does something like that???

patmoran2006
09-09-2006, 08:14 AM
I agree with all of you, and I hope you right.

Pulling Losman in week ONE If he played bad, would RUIN his entire season, Im' telling you now.. Jauron better not do it.

Robert Royal and Kevin Everett surprisingly I consider a key to the game.. THey have to catch some short passes over the middle to open up other things

Risin
09-09-2006, 09:25 AM
The Bills Defense didn't quit that game. The score was only 9-3 at halftime. The D got tired that game from being on the field for over 40 minutes. The Bills had 10 drives against Tampa, 8 of them were for 5 plays or less. With 2, 13 play drives at the end of the game.

I don't call that quitting, I call it being tired from being on the field all day because your offense couldn't make a first down.

You make a great point, but they did seem awfully deflated after that safety.

I don't believe they totally quit, but they didn't exactly play inspired either.

Risin
09-09-2006, 09:26 AM
They looked so cool in their throwbacks though...

I hope they make them permanent.

Use our current blue on blue as a "third" uniform.

justasportsfan
09-09-2006, 09:34 AM
First of all, JP isn't gonna have that bad of a stat. The only way that happens is if we can't run. IF any of the above happens , fingers should be pointed at coaching for not preparing the team right.

ON his interview at BB.com, JP expects BB to try and confuse him with different looks. Fairchild knows this. It was up to them to prepare JP for this.

Marv also stated they should've stuck with JP last year. So I guess they will sick with him until they think he's never gonna amount to anything and are ready to part with him.

G. Host
09-09-2006, 09:39 AM

The purpose is to win not change JP's diaper if he craps himself. If JP has a Todd Collins brain freeze he needs to be pulled for Holcomb, Nall, whomever I don't care if they stick Parrish in there and just decide to go with all running and handoffs.

The_Philster
09-09-2006, 09:43 AM
That attitude is called impatience and an unwillingness to live with growing pains. Teams like the Colts, Giants, and Bengals didn't have that attitude with their young QBs and not having it really blew up in their faces :rolleyes:

justasportsfan
09-09-2006, 09:51 AM
The purpose is to win not change JP's diaper if he craps himself. If JP has a Todd Collins brain freeze he needs to be pulled for Holcomb, Nall, whomever I don't care if they stick Parrish in there and just decide to go with all running and handoffs.
winning and playoffs was last years theme. This year is"build for the future". This is why Marv went young and hungry in FA'cy. JP won't be yanked. Even Dick said we have to be patient with him. He's young and inexperienced.

YardRat
09-09-2006, 12:13 PM
JP should be 'rested', not 'benched' in the fourth quarter of any game that is a blow-out regardless of which team is on the positive side of the score. He doesn't need to play every down of every game, the situation be damned.

He should be protected from injury just like any other starter if the circumstances demand it.

G. Host
09-09-2006, 01:16 PM
winning and playoffs was last years theme. This year is"build for the future". This is why Marv went young and hungry in FA'cy. JP won't be yanked. Even Dick said we have to be patient with him. He's young and inexperienced.

Patient is different than having him go into a game, become shell shocked and never recover. I know some of the "JP or the highway" fans would jump ship to the Dolphins if he was traded to them but if the Bills can not win WITH JP they need to try to win DESPITE him even if it hiurts his fragile ego.

The_Philster
09-09-2006, 01:23 PM
I can't think of anyone who would jump ship if JP leaves for one thing...and fragile ego? Where the hell is that coming from?

Risin
09-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Patient is different than having him go into a game, become shell shocked and never recover. I know some of the "JP or the highway" fans would jump ship to the Dolphins if he was traded to them but if the Bills can not win WITH JP they need to try to win DESPITE him even if it hiurts his fragile ego.

Brutal post dude.

Pathetic.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-10-2006, 12:30 AM

I'm sorry, TD, but, having played the game, I'm sick and tired of hearing this excuse. It was hot for BOTH teams. And, BOTH teams can get tired--not just the Bills.

If the offense isn't playing well and going 3 and out early in the game, it's the job of the defense to rise up and match those three and outs by holding the other team's offense and getting the ball back for your own. The Bears' defense did that repeatedly last season and even took it on themselves to win a couple of games all by themselves.

In that particular game, neither team's offense was doing particularly well at the beginning of the game until JP stepped on the end line. How can you say that the Bills' defense was tired? It was the first half, for God's sake!

As has been pointed out, the Bills offense came back to make it a 9-3 game at halftime. It's still a winnable game. That's when you hitch up your pants and say, "OK, fellas, let's go shut these so-and-sos out and win this ******* game!" You don't give up points early in the second half (you've just had time to rest!). And, you don't complain about being on the field too long! It's the DEFENSE'S hands to get off the field--stop the other team and you are going to be on the sideline!!!

The rest is just a BS excuse.

And, if you don't believe me, look at what the Chicago Bears did with a starting QB who finished the season even worse than JP Losman and who had worse games early in the season that the Bears won. The Bills were supposed to have a top-flight defense last season, comparable to or even better than the Bears, but they didn't play like it when JP Losman and the Bills offense struggled--instead they complained about being on the field too long and blamed the QB while giving up points repeatedly at the end of the first half and coming out of the lockerroom at halftime in game after game after game. BTW: how many times, early in the season did the Bills offense put points on the board and give the defense the lead on their first possession? A lot....

I'll admit that I'm an "Old Timer" and that the game has changed a lot since I was a young man, but, in my day, we had a word for those supposedly great players on the Bills defense and the way that they played last year---it started with a "p"....

TacklingDummy
09-10-2006, 06:24 AM
I'm sorry, TD, but, having played the game, I'm sick and tired of hearing this excuse. It was hot for BOTH teams. And, BOTH teams can get tired--not just the Bills.

If the offense isn't playing well and going 3 and out early in the game, it's the job of the defense to rise up and match those three and outs by holding the other team's offense and getting the ball back for your own. The Bears' defense did that repeatedly last season and even took it on themselves to win a couple of games all by themselves.

I think the D was doing their job holding the Bills in the game and getting the ball back for the offense. The score was 9-3 at the half and the Bills had the ball 6 times in the first half. The Bills O was doing nothing. Not 1 single first down in the first half is going to kill the defense.

You don't think the Bills D got tired when the Bills first half drives were....

3 plays.....5 yards.......punt....1:19
4 plays......6 yards......punt.....1:31
5 plays......0 yards......punt.....1:28
3 plays......3 yards......punt.....1:36
3 plays.....-1 yard.......safety....:49
5 plays......31 yards......FG......1:35

For a total of 8 minutes 18 seconds.

Not 1 drive over 2 minutes.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-10-2006, 07:27 AM
Let me say this again...slowly...so that maybe you will get my point.

It doesn't matter if the Bills offense only had the ball just over 8 minutes in six possession. What matters is that the Bills defense let the Tampa Bay offense hold onto the ball for over 21 minutes.

Again, if the offense is struggling, it is up to the defense to do its job better. The Bills defense would not have had to play 21 minutes in that first half if they Tampa Bay offense to 3 and outs on their first 6 possessions or just matched what the Bucs defense did against the Bills offense. How many 3rd down conversions did the Bills defense allow the Bucs to make in that first half? How many times did they allow C.Williams to gain 4 or more yards?

If the defense does its job and gets off the field in 2-3 minutes without allowing points they are not going to get any more tired that the opposition's defense. If each defense is on the field for 2-3 minutes and off the field for 2-3 minutes they should both end up being equally tired. One team will get more tired than the other if it allows the opposition offense to keep it on the field with long drives for more than 21 minutes in the first half while the opponent's defense only has to play less than 9 minutes. That's obvious, but it is up to the defense to make the plays that will allow it to get off the field! The Bills defense, which was supposed to be so good, simply did not do that.

You can blame the offense and the QB all you want, but the fact remains that it is up to the defense to stop the opposition and get off the field. The QB and the offense can't do that when they are standing on the sidelines. Sure, the offense can help the defense and give it an advantage by keeping possession of the ball when they have it, but they can't get possession of the ball from the opposition and get the defense off the field, again, I repeat, it is up to the defense to do that! And, when the offense is struggling and can't keep possession of the ball and give the defense more rest, it is still the responsibility of the defense--and only the defense--to stop the opposition and get itself off of the field, even if that is only for a minute or two.

The defense can't blame the offense for letting the opposition keep the ball for more than 21 minutes out of a 30 minute half unless the offense is turning the ball over on virtually every play--if the defense is doing its job. The fact is that the Bills defense allowed the Bucs offense to hold and control the ball for those 21+ minutes. And, if they hadn't and had matched what the Buc D did against the Bills offense, they would not have been any more tired than the Bucs' D going into halftime--which, by the way, is designed to let both teams rest so that they won't be as tired in the second half. Blaming the offense for having to play 21+ minutes in the first half and being tired is an excuse for not playing well enough in that half to get themselves off the field.