PDA

View Full Version : OK, so were one day away from people crying to bench JP!

X-Era
09-09-2006, 05:28 AM
Ive got my add reputation/dissapprove trigger finger ready, do you?

Unfortunately, we have no real way to control what people will say. We can bury them with bad rep but people such as TD dont give a flying fug about that.

We are going to have to tolerate it. Its coming, they wont catch anyone by suprise I hope.

People with any sort of a brain no better, just ignore the relentless bench JP BS. Its coming, we all know it.

Its meant to pick a fight, if we ignore it, the JP-haters wont get what they want.

So, I propose a two fold attack on the JP-haters:

1) Be sure to fire away with neg rep
2) Do not respond to any of the bench JP posts. No response means it gets buried, and the posters wont get what they want.

JP gets the full year. If he fails, we cut or trade him and move on. But we need a full years worth of data. Lets get the answer as soon as possible so we know where we are as soon as possible.

The_Philster
09-09-2006, 05:42 AM
:shakeno: Defeatist

Here's my proposal....JP has a solid game...and the haters crawl into their caves

billsburgh
09-09-2006, 05:50 AM
JP will be a much better qb this year so we wont have to worry about this. I hope. It will be sickening to put up with the JP haters nitpick every mistake or incompletion though.

TacklingDummy
09-09-2006, 05:51 AM
2) Do not respond to any of the bench JP posts.

Bench JP are you nuts?

djjimkelly
09-09-2006, 06:03 AM
JP for 16 str8 barrring injury anyone with varying theory just doesnt get it

X-Era
09-09-2006, 06:18 AM
:shakeno: Defeatist

Here's my proposal....JP has a solid game...and the haters crawl into their caves

Absolutely NOT!

Im in no way implying that JP will fail. I just think its likely that he will have tough games. The JP-hater clowns will come out of their holes and I hope we are all prepared for it.

Furthermore, if you believe JP will only get better with playing time, it makes sense that he will be weakest in his first game. Unfortunately, our toughest game is our first.

He may have a tough game.

But, trust me, I hope and believe he has a chance to look very good.

Im far from a defeatist, Im a controlled homer.

Night Train
09-09-2006, 06:40 AM
People can cry all they want.

If you actually think the Bills listen to a lunatic fan message board, you're medication needs adjusting.

Losman will start all year, barring injury.

patmoran2006
09-09-2006, 08:16 AM
Are you ASSUMING this is going to happen, or are you saying this is already happening?

X-Era
09-09-2006, 09:45 AM
Are you ASSUMING this is going to happen, or are you saying this is already happening?

I dont claim to be the amazing Kreskin but Im pretty sure there will be more than a few folks that will call for JP's benching coming off a bad loss.

Last years message board is pretty compelling data.

Ya know, "Im not willing to sacrifice a single win". All the crap about we play to win every single game period. All that short sighted crap that STILL left us with a 6 and 10 record, out of the playoffs, and another year away from figuring out if JP is worth a damn or not. But hey, at least we could say we tried to win each week.

Failure: when your best just isnt good enough...Thanks, but anyone with any brain could see we were getting no where with KH. Trying to develop Losman is trying to build what we need, and also build future wins. It may take losses to get our sustained wins. Short term pain for a long term gain, NOT the reverse which is short term gain for long term pain.

The_Philster
09-09-2006, 09:48 AM
bad loss? :shakeno: defeatist

X-Era
09-09-2006, 01:00 PM
bad loss? :shakeno: defeatist
Wait a second. Ive been clear that I think that this game is winnable. I really think we can win.

But if you look at it unbiased, we should probably lose this game.

I want a win, I will be hoping for it, and I will be rooting for it.

Hell, I think we have a real good shot.

Im only trying to prepare us for the clowns that will blast away at JP if he plays poorly.

If I were a defeatist. I would say we have no chance. I havent said that. I think we can win this game. I hope we will.

Love ya man, but I think your improperly labeling me here.

Lets put it this way. At 1:00 pm tomorrow I will be the biggest homer I can be. But if AND ONLY IF, JP plays poorly and/or we lose, I will be here defending our choice for JP and defending us as a team on the rise.

I just cant see how Im part of the darkside here.

BTW, de‧feat‧ist  /dɪˈfihttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngtɪst/ Pronunciation Key (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/) - Show Spelled Pronunciation (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/)[di-fee-tist] Pronunciation Key (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/) - Show IPA Pronunciation (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/)
–noun <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">1.</td><td valign="top">a person who surrenders easily or is subject to defeatism. </td></tr></tbody></table> <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">2.</td><td valign="top">an advocate or follower of defeatism as a public policy. </td></tr></tbody></table> –adjective <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">3.</td><td valign="top">marked by defeatism.</td></tr></tbody></table>
I am FAR from surrendering here. I will NOT surrender to a losers attitude. Im all for the Bills, Im all for our plan even if I have questions about it. Im 300% a Bills fan and always will be.

I want to be a Homer who ca take a hard look at what we need to improve on. I like looking at things logically and discussing it here with fellow Bills fans.

The_Philster
09-09-2006, 01:04 PM
Oh believe me, I don't lump you in with the trolls or the types who have given up on the team (or those who attack those who are real fans) but you're just using a poor choice of words...we need to nip that in the bud ;) :up: No negative thoughts on the eve of a game