X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

How do we possibly win this game?!

I will be watching at the local bar here in Atlanta. I really want this to be a competitive game. How do we win this game? In the first game we lost the game in the 4th Qtr. McGahee ran for 136 yards. It was a winnable game. In the second game McGahee had 8 yards and JP had 3 picks. We got roasted at home.

We have to establish the run and not turn the ball over. Miami found out that giving the ball to a good team will get you killed. The less opportunities Brady had the better.

Any other thoughts?
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: How do we possibly win this game?!

Run and stop the run.

Cut down on penalties.

No turnovers.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

One other point. Every game that the Patriots lost they were held to under 100 yards of rushing and they turned the ball over. Brady had picks in every game except against the Colts where he had to pass every play.

Comment

• dolphan117
        • Dec 2005

Stop the run and make their receivers beat you. Tom Brady will probably be the usual Tom Brady but I doubt he has real chemistry yet with Doug Gabriel. It will be interesting to see how effective their passing game is this year with the receiver turmoil they have had. Still, it seems like every year they have some kind of injury or situation that causes them to loose key personnel..... And they just keep on wining.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
          • May 2003

I say throw caution to the wind and to the abyss with playing conservative. I am all for respecting the Patriot's defense but to me it is the weaker of the two units and I would like to see the Bill's challenge the Patriots down field as often as they are able. They are going to rely on confusion tactics and Losman must know where his hot receiver is. Do that and we can burn this team. This could put Losman in a greater situation to turn the ball over but I'm thinking risk versus reward. The Bill's cannot afford to give this team any respect. We come out with this conservative approach and it is going to be a long day.

As I said, I much more concerned with Brady and that offense than I am with the defense. They are however stout against the run and while we need to be effective in our running attack to keep them honest, I wouldn't get carried away. I think an aggressive passing attack will be needed to open the running game. Unfortunately I think that if they get the ball first, that they will march right down the field and put in the endzone meaning Losman will have to play from behind. While I don't think for a second that our defense is weak, a poor showing by our offense will put enormous pressure on our defense, and would be asking entirely too much of Takeo and the boys. The key will be the staff's ability to make adjustments and from what I have seen so far, I think they can do that.
          Last edited by Drive 4 Five; 09-09-2006, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• AndreReed83
            Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
            • Mar 2004

Better coaching than the previous seasons would go a long way towards making the game competitive.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
            "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• Turf
              • Jul 2002

We've got to run the ball and stop 3rd and long situations, something we haven't been able to do for years. Stop 3rd and long. We must be the worst 3rd and long team in the history of the NFL the last 5 years.
              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                • Mar 2004

I've consulted my gut, and it feels like the Bills will pull an upset. I did have to take some Rolaids, but it's usually decent.

Comment

Working...
                X