PDA

View Full Version : OK, I need to flaunt a little!

X-Era
09-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Anyone who knows me knows I tend to be modest, but I have to flaunt a little right now.

About 4 months ago my wife and I were looking at a new TV. We had a 35 inch Sony trinitron that had to weight about 160 pounds. I was ridiculous to move. I got it as a open box buy for 650.00 about 11 years ago. It still worked great, but my brother in law got a 41 inch Plasma that he paid 2300.00 for.

The second I saw it, I wanted a big screen like that. I had my eyey on the projectors for a long time. I thought Id rather go with size ov er brightness, resolution is about as good as far as I saw.

So, we decided to take the plunge after much research. We landed a Panasonic AEU-900 which was rated one of the best for both projecting computer images and for watching movies. It could handle 1080i so HDTV wasnt a problem. I went through a online compan y, Visual Apex I think, that had it for around 1800.00. It included a 400.00 rebate, and a blockbuster card that gives you 300 free movies. I also paid for the extended warranty to cover any bulbs for the next 5 years. Heres the spec link if anyone else is shopping I love this model:

http://www.visualapex.com/lcdprojectors/LCD_projectors_details.asp?chPartNumber=PT-AE900U&MFR=Panasonic

I bought a screen from DaLite that was made to enhance contrast slightly to offset ambient (room and window) light.

Now, I already had Direct TV. But I ran the lowest possible basic cable to get local coverage of the Bills. I did get regional feeds from NY and LA, but its always the Jets.

Well I called Direct TV and asked about what they could do for HDTV. They told me that they would come and install the new receiver (loaner), the new HDTV receiver, 4 months of showtime, and 3 months HDTV for the cost of the shipping 13.00 I think. After the 3 months, I have to pay 10.00 for the HDTV service.

However, I had cancelled my cable service because I could care less about local crap, and I got all the big channels through Direct TV.

So, heres the good stuff:

This morning I woke up with a Bills game day woody the size of Florida (and the shape too). However, I checked the DTV sched and was getting the Jets instead of the Bills. That meant I was headed to a local bar to watch the game.

Well, I talked to my awesome wife and agreed that I would work 2 hours overtime each week if I could land the NFL Sunday ticket. So, I went ahead and paid for it and also grabbed the SuperFan for the HDTV.

I have to flaunt right about now. Im about to watch the Bills vs. the Pats in 1080i high definition on a 6 foot by 4 foot, around 92 inch diagonal widescreen screen, and with my Dolby Digital Harman Kardon system, in my own home!!!!!

Holy sh_t am I PYSCHED right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont live that close to Buff, but I am MORE than willing to have some of you over to watch if you live in the Corning NY area or are willing to drive. Please be willingto bring along soem of Buff's finest wings :) I have a small modest house, but a fairly large 22 foot by 22 foot living room and plenty of seating.

If your interested go ahead and PM me.

I just thought I would share my good fortune.

djjimkelly
09-10-2006, 11:26 AM
ill flaunt too

i have sony SXRD 60 incher with directv in HD very humble set up lol

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 11:27 AM
welcome to the club, man.

This is my fourth season with the Ticket but my first with an HD set. Mine's a Sony but it's not SXRD- still damn good though.

It's worth every penny.

!Papacrunk!
09-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Awesome set up brudda. IF you upgrade to a new system in the future, CUT ME A DEAL, lol. Ok, well I don't see that happening, but I hope sometime I'll be able to enjoy something similar. Enjoy the game man, and others throughout the day.

Gunzlingr
09-10-2006, 11:49 AM
I have a 10" black and white with rabbit ears, so there. :p

Mitchy moo
09-10-2006, 11:53 AM
They play games on TV? Holy crap I better break out my 2.5" black and white flashlight and TV combo. It has 1 speaker on the side of it, is this what you guys are talking about?

JJamezz
09-10-2006, 11:56 AM
Congrats man.

I've had Sunday Ticket since it came out, and just got an HD set last year, but have yet to see a Bills game in HD unfortunately. I just can't yet justify the extra $100 for what will amount to only a handful of Bills games in HD.

Mitchy moo
09-10-2006, 11:59 AM
I have this TV w/ a 1400 watt 7.1 surround sound system attached to it. http://www.samsdigitaldiscounts.com/product.cfm/hurl/PIO5060H.html

I just bought 4 of the new h20 Direct tv reciever's that actually get local HD through the box (no attenna's needed) and Directv on one phone call offered to come out and give me the new 5 LNB (prongs that stick out) for my house at NO CHARGE that can handle that. They also said the new dish's picture comes in rain or shine stays on even in the heavest of storms, receptions is supposed to be amazing.

It's I shame I cannot take any of this Sheet to the game but that's the cost of doing business.