• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bills_7
    TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
    • Mar 2004

BS

F the NFL.... F the Refs... this League from the commentary up to the top is BS.... I Dont think i can watch football anymore i want to puke,,, and i am tryn to be as f'n calm as i can be right now.... f this pro pats league no wonder why they win all the close games bc they get every calll... this could be the last game i watch with my heart in it...

great game Losman and the bills

1 PEN by the pats.. hmm ya ook
    Last edited by bills_7; 09-11-2006, 01:23 AM.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: BS

**** Terry McAuley! He's the Patriots' 12th man.

This picture is sooo true.

Comment

• bills_7
      TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
      • Mar 2004

I am a lil calmer right now... just wanted to say that the guys on WGR did not handle them selves well on the post game show... i usually like them but they were terrible.. I disagreed with most things they said and they dont even seem the least bit mad about the loss.. they are bills fans right?

Comment

• mackey789
        • Jul 2002

I wish i hated the NFL - the games are beyond fixed - especially when the Patriots are playing. It makes me sick.

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

Best thread of the night!!!

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
            • Aug 2005

Blow the whistle! Bills guy has the ball and is near the sidelines, we have to stop this.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by hammerbillsfan
              Blow the whistle! Bills guy has the ball and is near the sidelines, we have to stop this.
              They were getting nervous.

Comment

• BAM
                • Sep 2003

That call was total

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Losses should never be played on the refs, using them is only using a scapegoat. Refs dont make or break the games.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    Losses should never be played on the refs, using them is only using a scapegoat. Refs dont make or break the games.
                    they do when you are playing against the Patriots.

Comment

• BAM
                      • Sep 2003

It's definitely not the ref's fault but that call was crap.

It's not DJ's fault for going for it on 4th and 1.

It's not Willis' fault for not making the play on that 4th and 1.

It's not even Robert Royal's fault for the penalty.

It's the entire team's fault for failing to make things happen in crunch time. Pats outplayed our boys today when it counted. Just like those ****ers usually do.

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
                        • Aug 2005

Ref must have had that whistle in his ******* and farted when Whitner didn't step out of bounds.

Comment

• chubluv
                          BillsZone bowling team MVP
                          • Jan 2003

I'm not blaming the refs, BUT I just watched the game on DVR & 1 penalty is a joke. There were a lot of things that were missed on both teams. To only call 1 penalty on a team is ridiculous.

And a side note Schoop & The Bulldog are the worst sports guys in this town. Its 2 bad wgr55 is the only sports station on the radio. Their show is usually 75% bad mouthing the local teams & 25% talking about anything but sports.

We are in 5th place
                          Clump is on the IR
                          Chubluv average is 167
                          Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
                          Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• bills_7
                            TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
                            • Mar 2004

are u being serious? use ur head b4 u post

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Aug 2004

Tell that to the Bills...and tell that to the NY Giants, too (who also got hurt by bad/phantom penalty calls against...surprise, surprise, the NFL's other main poster boy, Peyton Manning and his Colts)!!!

If we were speaking in general terms, you're right, DraftBoy, but when bad calls favor certain teams or the teams of certain stars you can say that the refs were not reflecting a prejudice if it happens once or twice or even randomly, but when it happens consistently when ever those teams are in danger of losing close games that might be embarrassing losses for those teams or those stars, the probablility of those bad calls being random or coincidental begins to diminish and the probability that they were the result of prejudice begins to rise. And, with the Pats over the last 5 years and the Colts over the last couple of years, the frequency of bad calls favoring those two teams at the expense of their opponents in certain situations has passed from the realm of being solely due to coincidence.

When even the announcers who call the games and do so only with the approval of the same organization that employs the referees find that the bad calls are too blatant and too influential in determining the outcome of a particular game to be willing or able to ignore or gloss over them, that is a pretty solid indicator of how blatant and how decisive those calls were.

While it is true that the Bills did have opportunities to win this game before and regardless of the calls that the referees made that influenced its outcome late in the game, nevertheless, they did make those call and those calls did influence the outcome. The Pats are a good team and they shouldn't need to be the beneficiaries of calls in their favor to win a game against a young team like the Bills at home--they are good enough that, for their part, the Bills should not have to beat the Patriots and the referees in order to be rewarded for their efforts with a victory. While I'm sure that the Pats are happy to have gotten the win, it really is an insult to both teams as well as to the paying public who supports the game when the referees unnecessarily influence the outcome the way they did.
                              Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

Working...
                              X