PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on the game

chernobylwraiths
09-10-2006, 03:38 PM
I was disappointed when we allowed them to tie the score up after missing on 4th and hafl a yard. (I liked the call, should have been able to get it)

I was kind of pissed that Losman got sacked in the end zone. Not as much as because he got sacked as that he didn't seem to even see the end zone line coming up toward his face and didn't even try to get the ball out of the end zone.

Then something happened. Witner intercepts Brady and takes it all the way back. They call him out of bounds and call a penalty on us to boot. No problem (aside from the fact that he wasn't even CLOSE to being out). First down and McGahee loses another couple of yards. I think all of his yards came from up the middle. Then on third we get a first down except for a chippy little foul that gets called on us. Great third down and two again. Freaking sacked again. Losman has to step forward on those. I think the coaches scared him from running. Anyway, we have to punt. Well, our punter gets hit for the second time in the game. No flag on either play. You have to be kidding me. Of course there is no replay of it because Simmms want to suck Brady's cranck some more. (I mean he drilled a ball into the ground five yards in front of a receiver and Simms said it was a good throw). That was the killer. Letting them get 5 on fourth and 1 was just the icing.

I like the direction of this team and think we could surprise some more teams this year.

My big questions are:

How many new players were playing on the defense at the end of the game?

Who were they playing for?

I didn't hear anything more than Spikes huring his hamstring. I didn't hear what Vincent's injury was. I don't know if Ezekiel was playing for Fletcher or Spikes at the end.