PDA

View Full Version : How much would the signing of Ahanatou and Price improve the D-line?

Bufftp
08-16-2002, 08:48 AM
How much would the signing of Ahanatou and Price improve the D-line?
We all seem to agree that the D-line as currently constituted needs help.
How much would Ahanatou and Price help? Granted neither is a superstar, they will provide veteran leadership and an upgrade in the positions. This may help pick up Pat Williams play. If I were to give the upgrade as a percentage increase I would say it would improve the +20-30% making them average

JefftheBillsfan
08-16-2002, 09:08 AM
I think Chidi would be good as a run-stuffing LE...but I think Tyrone Robertson could do that just as well, just maybe not right now. Price...is he really better than Bannan? I'm not so sure. I wish we went after Gardener, Evens, Webster, or Jackson. I really think we NEED to get Sam Adams now.

Buffarama
08-16-2002, 09:18 AM
Ahanatou would be a big help.

John Doe
08-16-2002, 11:40 AM
I think it improves the depth more than anything. These guys are not going to be inserted into the starting lineup overnight, and maybe not at all.

casdhf
08-16-2002, 11:43 AM
I don't think we need Adams, Chidi would be a good filler for a few games or a good backup

HenryRules
08-16-2002, 11:51 AM
I can see Chidi filling a role similar to what Phil Hansen did last year. Neither player was in their prime, but they provide a lot of versatility by playing DE on most downs and a DT as a pass rusher. Chidi could also provide some veteran leadership that our young DLmen need seeing as he's played for some of the better defenses in the league.

Earthquake Enyart
08-16-2002, 11:53 AM
Still say that when the best hilite of him they could find shows him making a tackle 10 yards down the field......

We already have guys that can do that.

Bufftp
08-16-2002, 11:54 AM
:clap:
I agree, 'Quake but expexct a little more.