PDA

View Full Version : Honestly

Devin
09-10-2006, 03:44 PM
I dont regret any part of this game.

If we had scored when we went for it there would be no argument now. This team played head and shoulders better then last year. Tough loss no doubt about it, but Losman played much better and A-Train was on point as well.

In the 2nd half we sputtered but I believe a lot of our issues will be fixed. Not to mention we were playing the Pats, which is always tough.

Hopefully TKO is fine and there arent any issues. A lot of our troubles on D were due to him being gone. A lot of youngsters were on the field.

Overall im happy, it was a tough loss but the Bills showed a lot of improvement imo.

Gunzlingr
09-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Agreed.

chernobylwraiths
09-10-2006, 03:47 PM
:up:
:goodpost:

!Papacrunk!
09-10-2006, 03:48 PM
I hope the Steelers go on to destroy other opponents, same thing for the Pats. Believe me, I'd hope that neither team wins another game for the rest of the year, but if they themselves get blown out, then that would take away anything positive that we (us against Steelers, you guys against Pats) were to do against supposed strong teams. (Does this make sense? I've had a couple, and I can still type, it's just some things seem better in my head than what I'm typing, intermonologue now over.)

zone
09-10-2006, 03:49 PM
Coy Wire should never be on the field other than ST play.

Devin
09-10-2006, 03:49 PM
lol I get it.

It will be interesting next week to see how both the fins and bills adjust to mistakes.

Michael82
09-10-2006, 03:51 PM

If we had scored when we went for it there would be no argument now. This team played head and shoulders better then last year. Tough loss no doubt about it, but Losman played much better and A-Train was on point as well.

In the 2nd half we sputtered but I believe a lot of our issues will be fixed. Not to mention we were playing the Pats, which is always tough.

Hopefully TKO is fine and there arent any issues. A lot of our troubles on D were due to him being gone. A lot of youngsters were on the field.

Overall im happy, it was a tough loss but the Bills showed a lot of improvement imo.
Finally! Someone gets it. Great post!!! :bf1:

The_Philster
09-10-2006, 03:54 PM
In the 2nd half we sputtered but I believe a lot of our issues will be fixed. Not to mention we were playing the Pats, which is always tough.I think you covered the real reason we lost right there. Belichek made some great adjustments at halftime. We didn't match those adjustments

Devin
09-10-2006, 03:58 PM
I think you covered the real reason we lost right there. Belichek made some great adjustments at halftime. We didn't match those adjustments

Well and people have to remember on defense at some points we had 5 rookies playing. (Williams, McCargo, Whitner, Simpson, Ellison).

We were just pretty young out there, and the defense was on the field a lot in the 2nd half.

But that being said I think a lot of our errors in the 2nd half are easily fixed.

The_Philster
09-10-2006, 04:01 PM
Well and people have to remember on defense at some points we had 5 rookies playing. (Williams, McCargo, Whitner, Simpson, Ellison).

We were just pretty young out there, and the defense was on the field a lot in the 2nd half.

But that being said I think a lot of our errors in the 2nd half are easily fixed.
agreed

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 04:03 PM

wtf are you talking about? We lost this game because of ridiculous mistakes, which is completely inexcusable. Yeah, they played better than most of us thought they were going to, but what does it matter if they can't finish the job?

kinigirly
09-10-2006, 04:08 PM
obviously i would have liked to see us pull it out and win....but this game went a HELL of a lot better than i ever imagined. there were less mistakes and less penalties. i can definitely see the team feels the drive with jp as the leader and feel more organized under new leadership. i actually feel confident for some good games instead of wondering how badly we're gonna embarass ourselves

Devin
09-10-2006, 04:11 PM
obviously i would have liked to see us pull it out and win....but this game went a HELL of a lot better than i ever imagined. there were less mistakes and less penalties. i can definitely see the team feels the drive with jp as the leader and feel more organized under new leadership. i actually feel confident for some good games instead of wondering how badly we're gonna embarass ourselves

Agreed, I think you're gonna see Willis/Losman and Co. get into a rhythm.

We wont be a superbowl team this year or anything, but a vast improvment from last year.

generalmills
09-10-2006, 04:19 PM
wtf are you talking about? We lost this game because of ridiculous mistakes, which is completely inexcusable. Yeah, they played better than most of us thought they were going to, but what does it matter if they can't finish the job?

you are clearly not going to be a very happy person this fall. This team is rebuilding and by no means is going to be able to win the 10-15 games the rest of the way which will meet your unfair expectations. Please remember what we are dealing with here.
The bills went into this game huge dogs (+9.5). The Pats are once again considered to be contenders and we are not even expected to be anything above bottom dwellers.
This team played well, hung with them for 3 quarters. Eventually the better of the two teams was able to lean on their strengths and wear down our smaller defensive front (no tko keep in mind) and take advantage of our young inexperienced secondary.
The one spot in this game that I can say I was totally upset about was the kevin Faulk td pass. The bills were not in the correct formation to defend that pass and they knew it themselves. They were confused once faulk came to the outside and forced Crowell to follow into isolation coverage. As the leader of our defence Fletcher needs to call a timeout the second he sees such confusion. He has done it in the past and with all the young players on the field we would have had a chance to regroup and line up properly.
We lost the game but exceeded my expectations and the future looks very bright under the Juron staff... we need to get better but there appears to be a solid foundation in place to build a winner. I'm excited to see this team grow throughout the course of this season as there were some moments today which showed what this team is capable of.

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 04:22 PM
you are clearly not going to be a very happy person this fall. This team is rebuilding and by no means is going to be able to win the 10-15 games the rest of the way which will meet your unfair expectations. Please remember what we are dealing with here.
The bills went into this game huge dogs (+9.5). The Pats are once again considered to be contenders and we are not even expected to be anything above bottom dwellers.
This team played well, hung with them for 3 quarters. Eventually the better of the two teams was able to lean on their strengths and wear down our smaller defensive front (no tko keep in mind) and take advantage of our young inexperienced secondary.
The one spot in this game that I can say I was totally upset about was the kevin Faulk td pass. The bills were not in the correct formation to defend that pass and they knew it themselves. They were confused once faulk came to the outside and forced Crowell to follow into isolation coverage. As the leader of our defence Fletcher needs to call a timeout the second he sees such confusion. He has done it in the past and with all the young players on the field we would have had a chance to regroup and line up properly.
We lost the game but exceeded my expectations and the future looks very bright under the Juron staff... we need to get better but there appears to be a solid foundation in place to build a winner. I'm excited to see this team grow throughout the course of this season as there were some moments today which showed what this team is capable of.

dude, you need to get with the ****ing times.

I have been extremely critical of this team all off-season and I've said on numerous occasions that I will be happy if they win 6 games.

In a lot of ways, they completely exceeded my expectations today. But then they completely ****ing blew it with stupid mistakes. If they get outplayed because they're rebuilding and there's still a talent gap, that's to be expected. If they're in a position to win and they blow it, that is inexcusable regardless of whether or not we're rebuilding.

TigerJ
09-10-2006, 04:24 PM
This game makes 8-8 seem a lot more achievable than it looked a couple days ago. The Bills' run defense wasn't very good. JP Losman looked very solid. I think the coaching staff kept a tight rein on JP with what they allowed him to run. As he gets more comfortable and relaxed, I think they may open up a bit more. I'm pretty optimistic though.

mybills
09-10-2006, 04:25 PM
Devin - I completely agree! :hi5:

Can somebody please ban this neg nancy? :pray:

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Devin - I completely agree! :hi5:

Can somebody please ban this neg nancy? :pray:

so, you're happy with losing a winnable game because of stupid mistakes?

Some fan you are.

chernobylwraiths

I have been extremely critical of this team all off-season and I've said on numerous occasions that I will be happy if they win 6 games.

In a lot of ways, they completely exceeded my expectations today. But then they completely ****ing blew it with stupid mistakes. If they get outplayed because they're rebuilding and there's still a talent gap, that's to be expected. If they're in a position to win and they blow it, that is inexcusable regardless of whether or not we're rebuilding.

:rofl:

I don't think you would be happy if we won 10.

generalmills

young teams that are in a rebuilding cycle make those mistakes down the stretch of a game.

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 04:31 PM

I don't think you would be happy if we won 10.

if we won 10 but were capable of winning 12, then no, I wouldn't be happy. And if you're a fan you shouldn't be happy with that either.

Does ANYONE remember 2004? A mistake by Nate Clements in Week 1 kept us out of the playoffs. Losing games because we're rebuilding and there's a talent gap is expected. Losing games because of mistakes is inexcusable.

chernobylwraiths
09-10-2006, 04:32 PM
if we won 10 but were capable of winning 12, then no, I wouldn't be happy. And if you're a fan you shouldn't be happy with that either.

Does ANYONE remember 2004? A mistake by Nate Clements in Week 1 kept us out of the playoffs. Losing games because we're rebuilding and there's a talent gap is expected. Losing games because of mistakes is inexcusable.

So you are a liar too. Thank you, just making sure.

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 04:33 PM
So you are a liar too. Thank you, just making sure.

I'm a liar for not accepting this team underachieving?

chernobylwraiths
09-10-2006, 04:38 PM
You said you would be happy with 6 wins but just said if you feel they are capable of more you wouldn't be happy. So, you will never be happy.

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 04:40 PM
You said you would be happy with 6 wins but just said if you feel they are capable of more you wouldn't be happy. So, you will never be happy.

I will be happy when the team lives up to their potential. They had the potential to win this game and they choked.

MTBillsFan
09-10-2006, 04:41 PM
This team has a tremendous upside to it. We're young and we'll probably lose some close this year. NEXT YEAR WATCH OUT NFL!

GO BILLS!

chernobylwraiths
09-10-2006, 04:41 PM
I will be happy when the team lives up to their potential. They had the potential to win this game and they choked.

How stupid. They have the "potential" to win EVERY game.

mybills
09-10-2006, 04:42 PM
So, you will never be happy.
chernobylwraiths, I think we all know who the LOSER is. :up:

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 04:46 PM
How stupid. They have the "potential" to win EVERY game.

this post is stupid.

You know what I mean- if they're good enough to win and they lose by stupid mistakes, they didn't live up to their potential for that game.

What I mean by "potential" is having the ability (which is different from the POSSIBILITY) to win the game and actually WINNING it.

chernobylwraiths
09-10-2006, 06:49 PM
this post is stupid.

You know what I mean- if they're good enough to win and they lose by stupid mistakes, they didn't live up to their potential for that game.

What I mean by "potential" is having the ability (which is different from the POSSIBILITY) to win the game and actually WINNING it.

MY post is stupid. You were the one who posted idiotically that we stood no chance of winning, therefore there was no potential to win. Now, we play a decent game and actually come close to pulling it out and now we have the potential to win?

But you voted for Bush twice, so I where your decision making is.

L.A. Playa
09-10-2006, 06:53 PM
I think this game showed a veteran team knowing how to finish against a young team that doesnt know how to finish to win, though it sucks to lose hopefully the Bills young guys will learn from the Patriots in this loss and learn how to finish games and win them

The_Philster
09-10-2006, 06:54 PM
MY post is stupid. You were the one who posted idiotically that we stood no chance of winning, therefore there was no potential to win. Now, we play a decent game and actually come close to pulling it out and now we have the potential to win?

But you voted for Bush twice, so I where your decision making is.

Op, it's the first game of the season...we were playing a lot of rookies on defense in the 2nd half. Does it suck that that help cost us the game? Yes, it does...but it's also to be expected. Myself, I not only wanted to win, I expected to...but I knew it'd be a lot harder when we started losing players.

RedEyE
09-10-2006, 06:55 PM
I think this game showed a veteran team knowing how to finish against a young team that doesnt know how to finish to win, though it sucks to lose hopefully the Bills young guys will learn from the Patriots in this loss and learn how to finish games and win them

:bf1:

!Papacrunk!
09-10-2006, 06:56 PM
This team has a tremendous upside to it. We're young and we'll probably lose some close this year. NEXT YEAR WATCH OUT NFL!

GO BILLS!
why does it have to be next year, you have to play each game with the same intensity of winning every game and playing consistant football, no matter what the scoreboard says. Next year is next year. Don't get me wrong, each of our group of fans wishes the other team fails, but in general: YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME! lol sorry I couldn't help that one