PDA

View Full Version : "We apologise for any inconvenience."

mybills
09-10-2006, 03:59 PM
apologi"z"e, but,
NOW......Before I forget what I wanted to post...

FIRST!
GO JAURON! :bravo:
It's refeshing to see a GOOD coach in Buffalo..Thank You MARV!!!! :bf1:

2nd:
TOTAL entertainment:
Bills have the lead, and NE ******s don't even TIE until the 4th quarter? How great is that!!!! :bf1:

3rd:
1st Deffensive play...SPIKES/FLETCHER?TOUCH DOWN. YOU GUYS ROCK! :bravo:

4th:
IN YOUR FACE OpIv37...BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...I bet Dora changed your DIAPER at least SEVEN TIMES in the FIRST HALF alone! :shakeno:

5th:
You can argue with me on that all you want OpIv, and I'll quote you now, "New England WILL win, face it!"
Unless your crysatal ball told you that the Pats wouldn't get called on off sides right around JP's knee injury & pull a 2 pt. safety out of their ass, STFU already, because we gave them a RUN FOR THE MONEY, and it would've AT LEAST gone into O.T.! so.....(end of your N.E.LOVINGdays, pal). They suck!

6th:
Even if we won, everybody knows their excuse would have been, "God wasn't playing". Um, hate to break it to ya, but Vrabel & Jr. Seau WERE!!!!.
NOT TO MENTION, Spikes went out for a hamstring injury and that Dante Whitner covered his ass jst fine :up:, UNLIKE Vrabel & Jr. Seau. :lolpoint: NE.

7th:
A-Train! Watchout NFL!!!! :rofl: Between him & McGahee, you don't stand a chance with OUR RUN GAME! :snicker: Thank you for booting Gates! :bf1:

8th:
Maroney. Who's HE? :roflmao: We stopped him right in his tracks for most of the game! As well as Dillon! :bf1: GO DEFFENSE! :heart:

9th:
Kudo's to Schobel for battin down Brady's dink & dunk. :bf1: Others deserve kudos as well, for stopping that OVER RATED QB WHO REPRESENTS THE OLD NE VINATERI'S! :evil:

10th:
NINE+ points? :rofl:

11:
GO LINDELL! (Again!)

12: Can a head coach be an M.V.P.? (sarcasim) Go Juaron! :clap: :bravo: I love this guy! :bf1:

13:
Ok, I'll give it to Fletcher, & J.P., oh hell, I'll give it to the entire team. I'm in awe with how well they played today! :D :bf1:

ParanoidAndroid
09-10-2006, 04:06 PM
Our run defense was bad and our run offense was not so great. I'm not sure what game you were watching, but we were manhandled in the second half. There was some referee interference but not enough to make the outcome completely different.
When you give up 183 yards rushing and rush for 99, chances are you will be on the losing end.

That said, we played a very competetive first half and looked much more prepared than NE did (props for Jauron). This team will be able to finish those kinds of games with some seasoning.

Overall, I'm encouraged by what I saw from JP and the O-line and McGahee looks better as well. The defense was a little soft as was predicted but they took the ball away a couple of times which is why the game was as close as it was.

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 04:10 PM
NE didn't beat us- we beat ourselves. But they still won- the Bills proved they still aren't ready to take on the division champs in their house and come out on top. It didn't take a crystal ball to see that coming

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 04:11 PM
13:
Ok, I'll give it to Fletcher, & J.P., oh hell, I'll give it to the entire team. I'm in awe with how well they played today! :D :bf1:

wtf are you talking about? We lost because of a myriad of stupid mistakes.

HHURRICANE
09-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Uhh Marooney who. He averagred like 7 yards a carry. That guy was good and we gave up a 180 yards on the ground.

mybills
09-10-2006, 04:12 PM
There was some referee interference but not enough to make the outcome completely different.
When you give up 183 yards rushing and rush for 99, chances are you will be on the losing end.
BULLCHIT!!!! You don't call a play dead with a T.D. AGAINST the Bills unless you LOVE N.E.
F*** STATS...4,000- yds and no playoffs (Bledsoe) says so. :down:

Mitchy moo
09-10-2006, 04:13 PM
NE didn't beat us- we beat ourselves. But they still won- the Bills proved they still aren't ready to take on the division champs in their house and come out on top. It didn't take a crystal ball to see that coming

OP, if you factor in one ref call about a penalty on the INT, we won that game. They threw flag and blew the whistle as quick as they could to assure we couldn't score. I'm sure the refs also tried to find a way to take it back form us as well but considering donte was facing the other way the receiver was, that would of been a stretch.

mybills
09-10-2006, 04:13 PM
and the love fest continues.

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 04:15 PM
OP, if you factor in one ref call about a penalty on the INT, we won that game. They threw flag and blew the whistle as quick as they could to assure we couldn't score. I'm sure the refs also tried to find a way to take it back form us as well but considering donte was facing the other way the receiver was, that would of been a stretch.

dude you are so ****ing wrong. This team had so many chances to put this game away and they completely blew it. They kick the FG or make the first down, game over. They don't have a stupid penalty on that run back by Whitner, game over. Royal catches that pass from Losman, game over. The CB's make a couple of open field tackles, game over. Williams or Tripplett hold onto the tipped passes that hit them in their hands, game over, etc, etc. We made our own stupid mistakes to lose this game.

Mr. Cynical
09-10-2006, 04:16 PM
FIRST!
GO JAURON! :bravo:
It's refeshing to see a GOOD coach in Buffalo..Thank You MARV!!!! :bf1:

12: Can a head coach be an M.V.P.? (sarcasim) Go Juaron! :clap: :bravo: I love this guy! :bf1:

This HAS to be a joke.

Mr. Cynical
Uhh Marooney who. He averagred like 7 yards a carry. That guy was good and we gave up a 180 yards on the ground.

Was kinda thinking the same thing. :idunno:

mybills
btw, 4100+ for the Brady last year is another example...almost DOES'NT count.
Again, screw stats.

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 04:17 PM
and the love fest continues.

what love fest? I said they didn't beat us- we beat ourselves, as in we would have won if it wasn't for stupid mistakes. I didn't even imply anything good about the Pats in that post.

But as usual, you see what you want to see regardless of the facts.

mybills
09-10-2006, 04:21 PM
They kick the FG or make the first down, game over.
That could go either way. People ragged on Greg Williams in that other N.E. game at Gillette for playing it safe on 4th & 1. We missed the field goal.
Try again.

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 04:24 PM
That could go either way. People ragged on Greg Williams in that other N.E. game at Gillette for playing it safe on 4th & 1. We missed the field goal.
Try again.

If we make the FG, we win. If we go for it on 4th and 1 and make it, we win. Either it was a bad call or the players didn't execute- it was 1 ****ing yard. Take your pick. But either way, it was a choke and a mistake.

oh, and don't forget that that FG would have been MUCH closer than the 53 yarder Lindell already made.

ParanoidAndroid
09-10-2006, 04:33 PM
BULLCHIT!!!! You don't call a play dead with a T.D. AGAINST the Bills unless you LOVE N.E.

I don't have to quote stats to be able to say they ran all over us.

The play was coming back, whisle or no whistle..and the call was legit.

The play I'm most talking about with the refs was a no call on an obvious off sides. Other than that, calling multiple illegal blocking and holding penalties on one team with zero against the other is questionable.

ParanoidAndroid
09-10-2006, 04:35 PM
If we make the FG, we win. If we go for it on 4th and 1 and make it, we win. Either it was a bad call or the players didn't execute- it was 1 ****ing yard. Take your pick. But either way, it was a choke and a mistake.

oh, and don't forget that that FG would have been MUCH closer than the 53 yarder Lindell already made.

How about that Lindell dude! Where are all the Ryan Lindell haters now?

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 04:37 PM
How about that Lindell dude! Where are all the Ryan Lindell haters now?

before last year, I was really hard on Lindell but he's completely stepped it up. Last season, he was one of the few players that did his job consistently. I have no problem with him at all.

mybills
09-10-2006, 04:38 PM
NE is not "GREAT" like you keep portraying them to be, Op.
GET OVER IT. If they WERE great, wouldn't the score be more like 31-7 or something?
:dizzy: TWO FRIGGIN' POINTS, MAN!
You have our team listed as a huge failure this year, because we went 1-3 in preseason. :rofl:
Even our reg season of 0-1 DOESN'T MATTER at this point. :shakeno:
GET A GRIP.

jamze132
09-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Overall, the Bills played much better than any of the so-called ESPN experts predicted. I was impressed with the way they played today. I was also impressed with the offensive playcalling, for the most part. I would have liked to see more blitzes from the defense and would also like to see DB's making some open field ****ing tackles! And was it just me or did Tim Anderson and Coy Wire look like ******s out there?

Kudos to Lindel... Nice long field goal and nice kickoffs.

Was that Brian punting or some guy off the streets?

Can you think of a better way for Takeo to make his comeback on that first play? WOW!!!!

I think this team could really do some good things this year.

TigerJ
09-10-2006, 04:40 PM
I think that Buffalo lost because Bill Belichick made some good adjustments at half time and Buffalo lost the eye of the tiger. They concentrated less, made some little mistakes, got a little timid, and in general played with less intensity. The officials didn't help any, but Buffalo was doing their part to hand the game back to NE.

The run defense was not very good the whole game. The Bills stopped Dillon and Maroney some of the the time, but Maroney averaged 5 yards per carry and Dillon averaged 4.5 yards per carry. That is not solid run defense in anyone's book. I hope that Fewell can tighten that up.

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 04:44 PM
NE is not "GREAT" like you keep portraying them to be, Op.
GET OVER IT. If they WERE great, wouldn't the score be more like 31-7 or something?
:dizzy: TWO FRIGGIN' POINTS, MAN!
You have our team listed as a huge failure this year, because we went 1-3 in preseason. :rofl:
Even our reg season of 0-1 DOESN'T MATTER at this point. :shakeno:
GET A GRIP.

if you think I had this team as a huge failure this year because of their preseason record, it's more proof that you only read/see things that match your preconceived notions. There are a whole lot of reasons why I think this team isn't very good that go well beyond what happened in preseason.

I never said NE was that great. I said they took some hits but they were still better than us and the team to beat in the division. And they won. they didn't play great, but they played well enough to win. The talent gap between the Bills and the Patriots isn't what it was in years past, but it was still enough for them to come out on top.

One of the key differences between good teams and bad teams is the ability to win close games.

G. Host
09-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Was that Brian punting or some guy off the streets?

Moorman was punting fine until he got hit multiple times post kick and Zebras debated whether to call a flag on him for interfering with Patriots.

mybills
09-10-2006, 04:57 PM
I think that Buffalo lost because Bill Belichick made some good adjustments at half time .
I disagree, only because he didn't wake up until the 4th quarter. :chuckle:
But seriously, they do not have the weapons that they used to, and this "Maroney" guy that ESPN and every other Buffalo hater has had up on a pedastool, has been exposed.
Let's see Op put McGahee on that kind of a pedastool...never happen.

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 04:58 PM
But seriously, they do not have the weapons that they used to, and this "Maroney" guy that ESPN and every other Buffalo hater has had up on a pedastool, has been exposed.

Maroney averaged 7 yards a carry. How exactly was he exposed?

McGahee got stuffed on 4th and 1. He's the best running back in the NFL.

shelby
09-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Fight nice, kids.
We lost this game by 2 points. Some of you were predicting a 27-17 loss.
i am pleased.
:gobills:

honey
09-10-2006, 05:00 PM
if you think I had this team as a huge failure this year because of their preseason record, it's more proof that you only read/see things that match your preconceived notions. There are a whole lot of reasons why I think this team isn't very good that go well beyond what happened in preseason.

I never said NE was that great. I said they took some hits but they were still better than us and the team to beat in the division. And they won. they didn't play great, but they played well enough to win. The talent gap between the Bills and the Patriots isn't what it was in years past, but it was still enough for them to come out on top.

One of the key differences between good teams and bad teams is the ability to win close games.

I think a lot of the reason why the Bills lost today was because of new coaches and a new team. How many of them have actually played/coached together as a team? It takes awhile to learn everyone's idiosyncrasies and I thought the Bills did well today! :up:

ParanoidAndroid
09-10-2006, 05:14 PM

pedestal

"Pedastool" isn't a bad word though...it basically means footstool.

honey
09-10-2006, 05:24 PM
I like the word "pedastool" has a good ring. :up:

mybills
09-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Maroney averaged 7 yards a carry. How exactly was he exposed?

According to the media, he was unstopable.

Go ahead and argue with that, too.

mybills
09-10-2006, 05:40 PM
pedestal

"Pedastool" isn't a bad word though...it basically means footstool.
I have a Maroney in my livingroom. :evil:

honey
09-10-2006, 05:42 PM

To mimic andy "unstoppable". :rofl:

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 05:42 PM

are you daft?

he AVERAGED 7 YARDS A CARRY.

4 yards a carry is considered good for an NFL RB. The guy had a near perfect NFL debut- the numbers don't lie.

Please explain to me and the rest of the board how he was "exposed" by getting 7 yards a carry and outplaying both Dillon and McGahee.

mybills
09-10-2006, 05:53 PM
to mimic honey, he WASN'T UNSTOPPABLE.
DUH!!!!

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 05:56 PM
to mimic honey, he WASN'T UNSTOPPABLE.
DUH!!!!

it's media hyperbole. They do it all the time.

he's stoppable after he gets 5 yards. the fact remains that he had a damn good game and is one of the reason why the Pats won.

oh, and you're still not answering the question: you said he was "exposed"- how is averaging 5 yards a carry being "exposed"?

TigerJ
09-10-2006, 06:00 PM
According to the stats on NFL.com, Maroney had 17 carries for 86 yards, OP. How do you get 7 yards a carry out of that? By my calulation it is just a sliver over 5 yards a carry. Thats still a very good day for a running back and it concerns me to see Buffalo give up that much, but it's a far cry from 7 yards per.

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 06:02 PM
According to the stats on NFL.com, Maroney had 17 carries for 86 yards, OP. How do you get 7 yards a carry out of that? By my calulation it is just a sliver over 5 yards a carry. Thats still a very good day for a running back and it concerns me to see Buffalo give up that much, but it's a far cry from 7 yards per.

my bad- HHURRICANE said 7 yards and I took him at his word. anyway, the point holds true- averaging 5 YPC in an NFL debut is amazing and mybills has yet to defend her assertion that he was "exposed".

mybills
09-10-2006, 06:06 PM
HELLO NE LOVER, I said he wasn't UNSTOPPABLE like YOU claimed. You said he was gonna run all over us and be NE's BIGGEST WEAPON other than BRADY.
Didn't look like it according to the rest of us.

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 06:14 PM
HELLO NE LOVER, I said he wasn't UNSTOPPABLE like YOU claimed. You said he was gonna run all over us and be NE's BIGGEST WEAPON other than BRADY.
Didn't look like it according to the rest of us.

I never said that. You're confusing me with someone else.

I did say that our run D was bad, but I never, EVER said anything about Maroney before this thread. and our run D was bad- 180 yards on the ground.

If I really said it, post a link.

oh, also, you failed to notice that EVERYTHING BAD I said about this game was in terms of BUFFALO making mistakes. I never said anything GOOD about NE until you accused me of saying stuff about Maroney that I never said- just that we shot ourselves in the foot.

Mad Bomber
09-10-2006, 06:17 PM
dude you are so ****ing wrong. This team had so many chances to put this game away and they completely blew it. They kick the FG or make the first down, game over. They don't have a stupid penalty on that run back by Whitner, game over. Royal catches that pass from Losman, game over. The CB's make a couple of open field tackles, game over. Williams or Tripplett hold onto the tipped passes that hit them in their hands, game over, etc, etc. We made our own stupid mistakes to lose this game.

Bryan,

You are right on the negative things that the Bills did today. If they had converted those plays, this would have been a SHOCKING victory by the Bills.

The Bills were THE biggest underdogs in the league today. This was a game that could have been won without some STUPID mistakes.

I frankly am surprised that the Bills played the Pats so tough in their house. It's something that they haven't done in some time...

That said, I think that the Bills could have/would have won this game if they had kicked a FG instead of going for the 4th and 1 ON THE ROAD. That changed the entire momentum of the game.