PDA

View Full Version : The only suspect play of the day in my mind

Mitchy moo
09-10-2006, 04:06 PM
Letting JP to try passing out of the endzone in a tie game. We have a Willis horse and the A-train. JP has no business being back there by himself. Even a quick screen would of been a better call, something to get rid of it. You usually do not get huge plays standing in your endzone, so play for a great Moorman punt and let the D dictate terms.

So in general minus this terrible call which really lost us the game, I was happy.

Discotrish
09-10-2006, 04:13 PM
He wanted to fumble it, but they threw him to the ground before he had the chance.

Patti

jamze132
09-10-2006, 04:49 PM
If you want to talk about a "suspect" play that changed the outcome of the game, look no further than our defensive set during Brady's TD to Faulk. They had a 4 receivet set with the HB (Faulk) wide right. If I'm not mistaken we were in a 4-3 allignment with a LB wide right lined up against Faulk. Someone should have called a timeout right there. But instead, Brady knew exactly what we wanted to do as soon as he saw Crowel lined up wide right.

That defensive play sticks out to me more than any other today.

And why the **** didn't we blitz more? Every time we did, we put pressure on Brady and ended up getting a couple of turnovers.

xXSpIkes5IXx
09-10-2006, 05:14 PM
When your backed up in your own endzone, i dont see why you pass on first down, because if you do, the D knows a run is coming second down. Before you know it, you are 3rd and long and have to throw the ball.

Fairchild should have called a run between the tackles on first down, and worked from there with his play calling on second and third downs

Mitchy moo
09-10-2006, 07:01 PM
When your backed up in your own endzone, i dont see why you pass on first down, because if you do, the D knows a run is coming second down. Before you know it, you are 3rd and long and have to throw the ball.

Fairchild should have called a run between the tackles on first down, and worked from there with his play calling on second and third downs

that might of helped too.

YardRat
09-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Upon seeing several replays of the safety, JP had plenty of time and a good opportunity to get out of the end zone...instead of running laterally, he should have moved forward and out of the end zone.