PDA

View Full Version : Silver lining?

Risin
09-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Have we possibly found an NFL QB?

I really wish he would have led us back and won the game, but considering the oline decided to fold after the missed 4th and 1, JP didn't stand much of a chance. (3rd and 2 penalty on Royal didn't help)

I'm encouraged that he played a solid game, the safety was tough to take, but not his fault. In fact. he escaped a blindside sack, only to have the pocket collapse from his front side.

I'm confident this team is only going to get better, and by the end of the year we will be in the wild card hunt, or will play spoiler to more then a few teams.

I can see us finishing hot, and either sneaking in, or having a hell of a team going into next year.

Who's with me?

Mitchy moo
09-10-2006, 04:10 PM
We have a good shot at winning more than we lose this year, if that leads us to a wildcard, so be it.

ParanoidAndroid
09-10-2006, 04:12 PM

I really wish he would have led us back and won the game, but considering the oline decided to fold after the missed 4th and 1, JP didn't stand much of a chance. (3rd and 2 penalty on Royal didn't help)

I'm encouraged that he played a solid game, the safety was tough to take, but not his fault. In fact. he escaped a blindside sack, only to have the pocket collapse from his front side.

I'm confident this team is only going to get better, and by the end of the year we will be in the wild card hunt, or will play spoiler to more then a few teams.

I can see us finishing hot, and either sneaking in, or having a hell of a team going into next year.

Who's with me?

I am also encouraged by what I saw.

jamze132
09-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Looking back at the mistakes we made that led to us beating ourselves, I can't really blame JP. He did a hell of a job with what he had. I would have liked to see him take a couple of shots downfield though. He looked good in the pocket, his throws for the most part were accurate, and he seemed to go through his reads like a QB is supposed to.

Risin
09-10-2006, 05:07 PM
Looking back at the mistakes we made that led to us beating ourselves, I can't really blame JP. He did a hell of a job with what he had. I would have liked to see him take a couple of shots downfield though. He looked good in the pocket, his throws for the most part were accurate, and he seemed to go through his reads like a QB is supposed to.

I would have liked to see deeper passes also, but he also has to take what the defense gives.

The one long pass he attempted, he was hit just as he threw.

The_Philster
09-10-2006, 08:09 PM
I'm not gonna say that this performance cements his future here...too early to commit to that, IMO....but he's making more and more strides every week

Michael82
09-10-2006, 08:26 PM
I don't want to see him lose his identity. He's not purely a dropback passer. He also has the ability to avoid tackles and run around a bit. It's nice to see him making strides out there with passing, but I hope they still use his legs at times too.

YardRat
09-10-2006, 08:45 PM
JP performed decent, but let's not sugarcoat the overall performance, either.

The o-line didn't disappear, and JP had more than ample opportunity to get out of the end zone.

Call a spade a spade, and move on.

ICE74129
09-10-2006, 08:55 PM

The o-line didn't disappear, and JP had more than ample opportunity to get out of the end zone.

Ok...spade a spade...the OL sucked. 5 step drop, hit on step 5 and couldn't plant. That is on COACHING for calling a 5 step drop play and on the OL for not letting him even get to the 5th step without getting hit.

I love how you vail your JP Bashing by trying to act like you are sitting the fence on the issue.

YardRat
09-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Keep absolving JP of any responsibility for his errors...not facing the fact doesn't change the outcome.

JP fumbles, and the o-line sucks. JP throws an incompletion, and the receivers aren't running hard or outright dropped it. JP takes a safety, and it's a bad call by the OC.

I'm not hating...I'm not giving him a free pass, though, either.

Did the offensive protection break down on that particular play? Sure. Was it a poor call considering the circumstances? Maybe. Could JP have prevented getting tackled in the end zone for two points by simply moving forward instead of laterally after the first contact? Absolutely.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20060910_BUF@NE

"I should have gotten rid of the ball, but the game was on the line," Losman said.

Now, I don't think he had enough time to get rid of the ball, but he certainly had the opportunity to get the ball out of his own end zone. And that's what he should have done.

There's no shame in making a mistake...the shame comes from refusing to learn from them. I bet next time he finds himself in a similar situation he moves forward and not sideways.

John Doe
09-10-2006, 09:26 PM
I think that there was some vindication of Keeping A-Train over Gates.

Philagape
09-10-2006, 11:24 PM
I don't want to see him lose his identity. He's not purely a dropback passer. He also has the ability to avoid tackles and run around a bit. It's nice to see him making strides out there with passing, but I hope they still use his legs at times too.

I was ecstatic when, on the second play from scrimmage, JP rescues the botched snap, rolls out and nails a 20-yarder to Reed. Perfect combination of mobility -- which only JP has on our team -- and presence of mind under duress. That was a veteran play. He's at home when he's on the run. More of that, and we truly have a special QB.

ICE74129
09-11-2006, 10:29 AM
Keep absolving JP of any responsibility for his errors...not facing the fact doesn't change the outcome.

JP fumbles, and the o-line sucks. JP throws an incompletion, and the receivers aren't running hard or outright dropped it. JP takes a safety, and it's a bad call by the OC.

I'm not hating...I'm not giving him a free pass, though, either.

Did the offensive protection break down on that particular play? Sure. Was it a poor call considering the circumstances? Maybe. Could JP have prevented getting tackled in the end zone for two points by simply moving forward instead of laterally after the first contact? Absolutely.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20060910_BUF@NE

"I should have gotten rid of the ball, but the game was on the line," Losman said.

Now, I don't think he had enough time to get rid of the ball, but he certainly had the opportunity to get the ball out of his own end zone. And that's what he should have done.

There's no shame in making a mistake...the shame comes from refusing to learn from them. I bet next time he finds himself in a similar situation he moves forward and not sideways.

Are you guys that numb or intentionally trying to piss smart posters off? There was no where to go, it was a BAD PLAY CALL! you dont' call 5 step drop plays (puts the QB In the endzone and the routes take too long to develop) when backed up like that. Hand the ball off or go 3 steps and get rid of it.

JP had his issues, this wasn't one of them. And as for as his comments after, whats he going to do? Tell it like it is and say Fairchild screwed the pooch with the call and his OL can't block a team of girlscouts? I don't think so.

ICE74129
09-11-2006, 10:29 AM
I was ecstatic when, on the second play from scrimmage, JP rescues the botched snap, rolls out and nails a 20-yarder to Reed. Perfect combination of mobility -- which only JP has on our team -- and presence of mind under duress. That was a veteran play. He's at home when he's on the run. More of that, and we truly have a special QB.

I thought Phil simms was gonna crap on that play LOL.

Jan Reimers
09-11-2006, 10:39 AM

Who's with me?
All the way, Risin. I'm really excited about this team.:dance:

Risin
09-11-2006, 10:40 AM

He didn't have ample time to get out of the endzone.

Calling a spade a spade, would be saying that your post is wrong.