PDA

View Full Version : 20-yards???

Michael82
09-10-2006, 04:10 PM
I just want to know why the hell they didn't even bother going deep.... Willis McGahee was running well for the most part, but then the Patriots adjusted and he had no room. why on Earth didn't our offense stretch the field? 20-yards was our longest pass play of the game. That's nuts. Especially with the speed we have at WR. :mad:

M
09-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Seriously! Jauron and company kept talking about having the threat of the long ball. Hmmmm ... wonder why we never saw it. :mad:

Dr. Lecter
09-10-2006, 04:54 PM
They threw long to Parrish and looked long other times. If the play is not open, there is not much they can do.

Michael82
09-10-2006, 05:01 PM
They threw long to Parrish and looked long other times. If the play is not open, there is not much they can do.
They can at least try it. I didn't even see any attempted long bombs, if it's overthown, fine...but at least give the threat of going deep.

Dr. Lecter
09-10-2006, 05:09 PM
They did try. I saw Losman look deep at least 3 other times and he dumped it off.

Michael82
09-10-2006, 05:17 PM
They did try. I saw Losman look deep at least 3 other times and he dumped it off.
well, then what happened to our receivers? They got no separation from a mediocre secondary. :ill:

YardRat
09-10-2006, 06:00 PM

That's not a 'try'...a 'try' would indicate the ball was actually thrown...which it wasn't, except for once to Parrish and that was mostly an over-thrown bail-out.

BB and Co. took the long ball to Evan's completely out of the game today, and you better get used it because that's what we're going to see all year.

Take away Evans and the deep threat, and make JP and Co. beat you on the ground and with the short passing game. Today it worked.

Michael82
09-10-2006, 06:57 PM
That's not a 'try'...a 'try' would indicate the ball was actually thrown...which it wasn't, except for once to Parrish and that was mostly an over-thrown bail-out.

BB and Co. took the long ball to Evan's completely out of the game today, and you better get used it because that's what we're going to see all year.

Take away Evans and the deep threat, and make JP and Co. beat you on the ground and with the short passing game. Today it worked.
Fine, if you take away the long threat to Evans, then use Price.

Dozerdog
09-10-2006, 07:16 PM
Mikey- what part of "They covered the deep ball" that you didn't understand?

Reed, Royal, the guys underneath the deep coverage were open all day. For the most part JP made excellent decisions.

They scored on their first two possessions, and 6th possession they took it to the NE 7 yard line.

For the most part- they took what the Pats gave them. Which is what you are supposed to do. Long bombs look sweet on highlight reels- but incomplete ones never make it.

3rdn1
09-10-2006, 10:29 PM
they call it rolling the safties JP said in the press confrence that they would roll the to evans on top.