PDA

View Full Version : My game comments

X-Era
09-10-2006, 05:11 PM
Its too erly for me to take an emotional stance. Right now Im ticked but I expected a loss, and we did many things that I thought we wouldnt.

On the good side:

1) JP did things I expect from a vet. He did an outstadning job of pocket presence. Outside of the 1 sack, I can honestly say he threw it away or made a positive play on every play where he had pressure. I watched him throw it away he several times rather than taking a sack, and at least once he took a sack where he might have thrown an int.

2) I watched our O make plays against a defense that plays 2006 football. I feel like Mularkey and Williams called an O game that was well known and easily defensed against. Today, I saw our Bills run zone blocking, double fakes with WR's, and several plays that left a vet D off guard and unprepared.

3) I saw us play speed defense and get to and rattle Tom Brady many many times. Thats something that even playoff teams havent been able to do. Its the key to beating the Pats IMO, and we almost got it done today.

On the bad side:

1) Willis McGahee has no room to talk until otherwise notified! We had a 4th and 1 and he couldnt pick up 1 yard? I remain unimpressed with someone who supposedly is our best player. Im telling you that if this plays out the rest of the year like this, Jauron will be looking hard at the top 1st round RB's. I expect more from our RB.

2) our depth is atrocious. I saw a post by someone questioning our cuts. Well I like that Simpson and Whitner are getting playtime. But, why does anyone think Baker and Wire are worth a sh_t? They have done jack SQUAT in ANY game. And, if I was willing to look at a few plays that cost us the game, I could blame them. Mario Haggan is also to blame. But guess what? its the coaches that decided who should be our backups. We are BADLY mis-represented as far as our backups go.

3) TKO. Say what you will, but aguy who makes T shirts about his comeback ought to play the wholedamn game. If this were any other position than LB, I would backup his injury. But when I heard that he had his wrap taken off and he STILL wasnt out there, as a LB, in THE most critical game? THATS UNACCEPTABLE!!! It better turn out that Jauron kept him out.

4) Moorman- Is it me or did he have a crappy day?

Overall, I see much better than bad. I am pleased with our ability to move the ball and keep a vet D off guard. I love our coaching and play calling. I love our D's speed.

I honestly think that if we keep progressing, we will be a suprise playoff team!!!!

But, anyone who has watched good football teams knows that if you keep a good team in the game long enough they will find a way to win. We had several chances to go up 3 possessions, we blew it, and a good team like the Pats took advantage.

NOW, you want to show that our pluses are real? Show that we are even better next week against the Fins!

My biggest worry isnt that we lost but that we deflated our players into thinking that "I gave my best and we still lost, why should I put it all out there again?"

Yasgur's Farm
09-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Baker and Wire? Did Baker have a bad game playing for the Vikes this week?

X-Era
09-10-2006, 07:28 PM
Baker and Wire? Did Baker have a bad game playing for the Vikes this week?

UGGGHHHH My mistake, the DB numberf 30 something, It was....Jabari Queer, I was WAY off!

I just looked it up and thats even worse!

What the hell has Greer EVER done to belong on the same field with the Pats?

Wire and Queer need to both be cut. Any team that wants to compete DOESNT have backups that play AT ALL like Wire and Jabari Queer.

Sorry, I really am enthusiastic by what I saw overall, but NOT by the play from our lowsy backups.

The_Philster
09-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Jabari Greer (name-calling him is rather immature, don't you think?) outplayed all the other contenders for the nickel role in camp this year...he was solid in that role a couple of years ago

X-Era
09-10-2006, 07:39 PM
Jabari Greer (name-calling him is rather immature, don't you think?) outplayed all the other contenders for the nickel role in camp this year...he was solid in that role a couple of years ago

Jabari Greer, was the WORST DB we had that took the field last year and with players like Eric Warfield sitting out there and us having PLENTY of cap cash, I HAVE to complain about us getting beat with guys like this on the field.

Im sorry, We are NOT perfect and our backup quality IS an area of concern!

mybills
09-10-2006, 07:41 PM
On the bad side:

3) TKO. Say what you will, but aguy who makes T shirts about his comeback ought to play the wholedamn game. If this were any other position than LB, I would backup his injury. But when I heard that he had his wrap taken off and he STILL wasnt out there, as a LB, in THE most critical game? THATS UNACCEPTABLE!!! It better turn out that Jauron kept him out.

How's your hamstring?

The_Philster
09-10-2006, 07:44 PM
1..who said we were perfect? :huh:
2..backups are backups because they aren't as good as the starters...when we have Greer in there in place of T-Mac, there's bound to be a dropoff
3...that was last year...new system this year and he was better than anyone else competing for the nickel role.
4....how much would Warfield have cost? Overpaying for backups would put us right back in the mess that Butler left us in.

onceproudbillsfan
09-10-2006, 07:51 PM
I think Robert Royal costed us the game. If he could of just kept from pushin the pats defender in the back we would have been able to get a first down and kept the chains moving. The receiver already had the first down and wasnt goin to break it for a touchdown so dont do the stupid mistake like he did. Yeah he barely touched him but still it was a push in the back its goin to get called. He is a veteran and he knows better.

As far as TKO yeah I would have like to seen him out there all game but I would rather him miss one game instead of several or the season if he really screwed up the injury. He did that last year so why do it again?

John Doe
09-10-2006, 08:05 PM
I don't think that you can pin this loss on any one player. There were plenty of breakdowns to go around.

I was disappointed that our special teams could not do more. Some sports writer had rated the Pats special teams near the bottom of the heap before the season, although I thought that rating was more than a bit low. We could not get much from our punt return game and McGee ony had one good return on kickoffs. Plus, Moorman was erratic and we let the Pats have a good punt return. I expected better.

X-Era
09-10-2006, 08:08 PM
How's your hamstring?

Never said it would be a popular comment.

Niether was questioning Moulds before the end of last season

Neither is questioning why Favre would still paly this year after a so so last year

And yes, it wont b e popular to question TKO after this game. But if ever there was going to be a position where you play injured, its LB. And if ever there was gonna be a player that NEEDED to be on this field, in this game, its TKO. He went out early and never returned.

So, in about a year we have seen less than 1 quarter of aguably our best player and definetely our best D player.

Thats a big deal for a team starved of true, proven, talent.

Id love for TKO to renew his comeback where he stated hes better than ever but as for now, Im still waiting. And that aint good on a 6 and 10 team

X-Era
09-10-2006, 08:10 PM
I think Robert Royal costed us the game. If he could of just kept from pushin the pats defender in the back we would have been able to get a first down and kept the chains moving. The receiver already had the first down and wasnt goin to break it for a touchdown so dont do the stupid mistake like he did. Yeah he barely touched him but still it was a push in the back its goin to get called. He is a veteran and he knows better.

As far as TKO yeah I would have like to seen him out there all game but I would rather him miss one game instead of several or the season if he really screwed up the injury. He did that last year so why do it again?

That penalty was HUGE are you sure it was Royal and not Everrett?

I thought for sure it was Kevin.

The_Philster
09-10-2006, 08:12 PM
I think Everett and Royal each had that penalty at different points in the game

mybills
09-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Never said it would be a popular comment.

Nope, you said it was "unacceptable". I disagree (if it is) a hamstring injury.

X-Era
09-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Nope, you said it was "unacceptable". I disagree (if it is) a hamstring injury.

Your hen picking my words.

I said that he TOOK HIS WRAP OFF and even the commentators said he would be back in the game. I said that a LB should be the toughest on the field, even to the point that they hav e broken body parts and still walk off on their own. TKO goes out in the 1st half with a hammy, was questionable for a return after taking the wrap off (reportadely). and STILL wasnt out there when we were down by only 2 points.

If it turns out it was a coaching decision, thats my bad for questioning TKO. But, until PROVEN wrong, TKO's comeback is an unproven question mark

And on this talent starved team, thats a BIG deal.

TKO is PIVOTAL, maybe the BIGGEST player who can make a difference on this team this year and he remains a question mark.

onceproudbillsfan
09-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Im pretty sure it was Royal and I thought that the commentators said that it was questionable that TKO and Vincent would return and they never said a thing about it after that.