How many of you would have complained if the Bills kick the FG at 17-7...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

How many of you would have complained if the Bills kick the FG at 17-7...

and would have lost the game?? Be honest. Maybe not on these boards but if they would have kicked the FG and lost people would have complained about not trying to "make a statement" or "going for the win". Would you have complained if the Bills had settled for a FG but went on to lose the game?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: How many of you would have complained if the Bills kick the FG at 17-7...

Exactly every Neg Nancy including the ones complaining right now about not going for FG. They ALWAYS need to Cry like babies.

Comment

• Turf
      • Jul 2002

Not me. It was the right call to kick. I'm not complaining that they went for it, I just didn't like the call. We lost because of the Willis' lack of effort on that play and the refs timely BS calls.
      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

I was screaming for them to kick the FG. On the road, opening day, you take the points. The way the Pats were playing, who knows if they would've scored. Instead, go for it, get stopped, and wake up the sleeping dog, that eventually bites you.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
          Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
          • Dec 2005

I liked the go for it call. DJ wanted to make a statement and he had faith in the running game.

Had they kicked the field goal and still lost. I wouldn't complain either the bills played tough there is no reason for the team to hang thier head. They should be proud of themselves. Yeah they made some bonehead mistakes but i like what i saw.

Now the refs jesus what a crock. I assume that those are NE own refs. The calls that stand out are those illegal block in the back penalties. Those were BS yet i saw 2 holding for the pats, and an offsides, that were never called.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Turf
            Not me. It was the right call to kick. I'm not complaining that they went for it, I just didn't like the call. We lost because of the Willis' lack of effort on that play and the refs timely BS calls.
            He still thinks it was 3rd down, he swears it.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by tat2dmike77
              I liked the go for it call. DJ wanted to make a statement and he had faith in the running game.

Had they kicked the field goal and still lost. I wouldn't complain either the bills played tough there is no reason for the team to hang thier head. They should be proud of themselves. Yeah they made some bonehead mistakes but i like what i saw.

Now the refs jesus what a crock. I assume that those are NE own refs. The calls that stand out are those illegal block in the back penalties. Those were BS yet i saw 2 holding for the pats, and an offsides, that were never called.
              Good post.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                • May 2003

Beating the patriots on their home field is no easy task, and when you have the refs making "chicken" calls like that, it is damn near impossible. Now I am not blaming the refs for our loss, the team has to own up for that, but the b.s. calls sure as heck didn't help matters any.

Tat2dmike77 is absolutely right about the blatant penalties committed by the Patriots that were conveniently overlooked by those officials. Not to mention the cheap shots on the part of the Patriot defense like Harrison smashing his forearm into the throat of Lee Evans while Evans and another Patriot's DB wrestled for the ball.

Comment

• BAM
                  • Sep 2003

Loved the call! Too bad we didn't do anything with it.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                    • May 2003

But to answer Ebby's question, I wouldn't have complained either way. Honestly. Hindsight is always 20-20. It was an aggressive call and I like that. You will never beat the Patriot's playing scared. You have an opportunity to plunge the dagger deep into their heart, then you take it.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                      • Feb 2004

I liked that they went for it
                      GO Gators!!!!!!
                      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                        Closet Bills Fan
                        • Nov 2004

its a ballsy decision to go for it, but like posted above...... when at the opponents home, especially an opening day game..... quick points over a possiblity of a 1st down.......

honestly i like that DJ isn't playing conservative at least in that regard, but had it succeeded, who knows is the bills could have won by 10 points or lost by 3.......

what happened, has happened, and its time to move on to the fishies this week

j-e-t-s
                        jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                          and would have lost the game?? Be honest. Maybe not on these boards but if they would have kicked the FG and lost people would have complained about not trying to "make a statement" or "going for the win". Would you have complained if the Bills had settled for a FG but went on to lose the game?

i would have kicked the field goal.it adds pressure on them knowing that they have to score 2 touchdowns instead of a touchdown and field goal.
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• ddaryl
                            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                            • Jan 2005

I was pissed when we didn't. That's the 1st thing I said to my wife, TAKE THE POINT's.

I do not have a lot of faith in McGahee or our running game, and I wouldn't want JP to throw in this situation.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                              • Oct 2002

Kick the FG and keep the momentum.. After the Pats stopped Willis it got them pumped up.. Kick the fg and keep the pressure on..

If Buffalo kicked and still lost, I wouldnt be upset, atleast they went for sure points.. If you have the chance to get points and put a team farther in the hole then do it..

Comment

Working...
                              X