PDA

View Full Version : Ransom observations on the game

Kelly The Dog
09-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Some of these surely have been beaten to death but whatever...

1. The Bills were ready. They weren't intimidated right off. They weren't knocked around. Yes, they lost the battle overall on both sides of the line but guess what, the Pats have the best front 3-4 in the game. They have an excellent OL. They have great coaching and they have played together. The Bills were raw, young, on the road, different scheme, different coaches, new players, and held their own.

2. The coaching was very good overall with some questionable calls but you will always get them. Personally, I think the 4th and 1 was a good call. I will say, however, that ANYONE that thinks this isn't a 45-55 call, either way, is completely insane. There is no no brainer in this. There are good and bad arguments both ways. There is no right way. I think it was the right call and I would make it again. Jauron needs to change the culture of the Bills and that was a place to do it. As I said in another thread, even if they went for the FG and made it they probably would have lost.

3. JP played decent but not well. He didnt make the plays to win the game and that is the bottom line. I think one of Fairchild's only glaringly bad calls was the safety as there didnt seem to be a fallback plan. That took way too long to develop. I though Fairchild and Fewell overall called very good games. The Pats scored 17 points on O and gave up 7.

4. I hate to blame refs and there is no one play that lost this game. The refs did not lose this game for us. The Pats beat us when it mattered. That said, it's impossible to watch that game and then see the official stats and the Pats had one penalty for five yards. There were several "marks" and each one was beneficial to the Pats. I think I can honestly say, in 40 plus years of watching football, I have never ever ever ever seen an official call a play out of bounds that was six inches to a foot in bounds. I have never seen it. That call didn't matter, as they called the illegal block in the back on Clements (and I do believe the guy he blocked could have made the tackle of Whitner), but it's not just coincidence anymore. Every call almost every time in the Bills Pats games goes their way.

5. I really like the Bills this year. I like the way they play. I like the effort. I like the young guys. I was against playing Simpson but I think it may be the way to go. The Bills had a ton of things going against them and held up. They could have and maybe should have won. If they fix a couple things, I think they beat the Dolphins. This is a team we can like.

6. I guess this ends the Gates should have been kept threads.

7. Kyle Williams really looks like a player, as does Tripplett. Yes, we gave up way too many yards rushing but I think perhaps the overall stats were misleading. We gave up a couple 20 and 30 yard runs that didn't kill us. We were pretty good on short yardage. The Pats, like they always seem to, were able to get the tough yard when they needed it and that's where we failed but most teams do in that situation. This defense has some spunk and spark and hope.

8. Josh didnt drop a ball. I was surprised we didnt go deep. And we probably should have. I know we should have thrown more swing passes to Willis and more roll outs to the TEs. That was my major problem with Fairchild. That said, we were not predictable, which is good. I liked the mix-up.

9. TD deserves some credit for Lindell. He's a very good kicker.

10. The OL has some potential. They opened more holes than I thought they would. JP had some time most of the time. They showed their athleticism often. They opened more holes for Willis in one game, on the road, against the Pats excellent front four, than in any single game last year IMO.

We could be a decent team this year. I will be disappointed if we're not 8-8

SquishDaFish
09-10-2006, 06:24 PM
Thats right JOSH REED LOOKED GOOD!! LMAO I cant believe im able to say that. DAMN! lol