• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Yikes! This stat says a lot!!

Guess who had 14 and guess who had 2. I don't care who it is. How can any team play a 60 minute football game and only commit 2 penalties? That stat includes the penalties that were declined. Unreal.

Penalties-Yards 14-53 2-5

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: Yikes! This stat says a lot!!

Thats because when you face the pats you face the refs also.

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
      Guess who had 14 and guess who had 2. I don't care who it is. How can any team play a 60 minute football game and only commit 2 penalties? That stat includes the penalties that were declined. Unreal.

Penalties-Yards 14-53 2-5
      Hey Eb...and we only lost by 2

Wait till they step into orchard park in a few weeks

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

the penalties were the only thing that really pissed me off today.. we killed ourself with the penalties at the worst possible times.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

Agreed Tatonka. 14 + penalties is about 10 too many. No excuse for those types of mistakes.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
            the penalties were the only thing that really pissed me off today.. we killed ourself with the penalties at the worst possible times.
            Don't forget all the no-calls that favored the Patriots.

Comment

• unpaid_bills
              • Nov 2004

Good point. Losman seemed to have troubles getting the plays off we had a couple delay of games, not sure if that is on the coaches getting the play in late. Brady at the end managed the game well, hope Losman was picking that up and learning (the quick play calls, quick snaps, etc.).

Some of the calls are tough to take for sure, but many of them are drive killers and shifted the momentum.

The big play at the end was the safety Losman took way too long with the ball, plus I felt they should have ran it punted and let the D take its chance with the field position. At least it was a good game and effort lots to build on
              Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills .... Bills Mafia for life

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                • Jun 2005

Took to long with the ball?? He didnt even have time to move and throw it away lol.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by unpaid_bills
                  Good point. Losman seemed to have troubles getting the plays off we had a couple delay of games, not sure if that is on the coaches getting the play in late. Brady at the end managed the game well, hope Losman was picking that up and learning (the quick play calls, quick snaps, etc.).

Some of the calls are tough to take for sure, but many of them are drive killers and shifted the momentum.

The big play at the end was the safety Losman took way too long with the ball, plus I felt they should have ran it punted and let the D take its chance with the field position. At least it was a good game and effort lots to build on
                  Bingo, run the ball and punt. It wasn't really that hard.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                    Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                    • Dec 2005

That block in the back call was BS on the whitner pick. Then along with that the refs said he went out of bounds he came no where near the sideline. Yet forget about the fact that on that very same play the pats Tackle grabbed denneys jersey and pulled him down.

I hate saying that the refs lost us the game. But this was ridiculous. I swear it was the crew that officiated last night OSU UT game. Horrible calls all the way around.

But i do like the fact that the bills hung with the pats. They made them earn that victory. Yeah DJ should of kicked the field goal to go up 20-7 but he was thinking win and he had faith in McGahee which is more then i can say for last years coaching staff. Overall the bills didn't look horrible to many penalties but they don't play NE next week so that should show if they really are that undisciplined.

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by unpaid_bills

take a look at the safety again. 5 step drop. On his plant (5th Step) he had the guy on him. sorry, blame fairchild, not JP

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        Sorry but BULLSH_T!!!

We gave up all of ONE count it ONE big play with a penalty and that was Everetts holding.

I thought we played a sound game as far as penalties go for the most part.

In fact, I remember thinking we had ONE penalty going into the half.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

I had stepped out of the room and missed the Whitner interception, and sw little on the replay. I hope I can see a good reply on the local sports tonight so I can see the alleged block in the back. The replay I saw did show Whitner never got closer than a foot from the sideline if that. In general it did appear to me that the officials called a closer game on the Bills than they did on the Patriots. I saw offsides and holding that the officials never called on the Patriots while a couple of the blocking in the back penalties on the Bills were little more than incidental contact. Still, players need to discipline themselves not to even have their hands on a player in an in such a way as to give officials an excuse to call the penalty.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                            Sab and TD are insignificant
                            • Sep 2002

this game will be televised on NFL Replay won't it?
                            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

Don't forget about the two times they ran into Moorman and never get a sniff of a flag. I was watching the Arizona vs. SF game later and Arizona's punter got bumped and went down. As soon as the play was over, Ed Hockulie got on the mike and said that his own player bumped him (which he did). I never even saw a replay on either.

Comment

Working...
                              X