PDA

View Full Version : 4th and 1

ghz in pittsburgh
09-10-2006, 07:12 PM
You see that in the Steelers openner when the Steelers got it, even though they no longer have a pounder like Bettis. You see Belichick went for it and got it twice today against the Bills.

On the other side of the coin, you see the Bills failed to seal the deal on their 4th and 1. Green Bay failed one, too.

It just shows that the Bills are not in that league yet. I like the call though. For those of you blame Jauron for going for it, I bet you if Parcells, Jimmy Johnson, Cowher, Belichick were in the same situation, they'd go for it. I just hope should we encounter the same situation again, Jauron would do the same.

4th and 1, at a turning point of the game, one play, one yard. The most important aspect is, however, the attitude. In general, it's a simple running play (unless you are Mularkay). It's more about championship quality than the techniques. It's a mental hurdle that the Buffalo Bills never overcome even in their superbowl years. We need to get it sometime down the road and then get it more often with confidence.

Mitchy moo
09-10-2006, 07:16 PM
You either walk in a winner or a loser. It's sad that we had the effort put in to win and managed via a few different things to lose. I can assure you that I would know what down it is if I am getting handed the ball, gamers do things like that to win.