X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

JP is our starter!!

Excellent job against a good D. He had a better QB rating than Brady. No picks.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: JP is our starter!!

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    Excellent job against a good D. He had a better QB rating than Brady. No picks.
    No....hes a jack hammer and the reason we lost....:

Losman will prove his worth by seasons end.

About as many that question him now will question him by years end just watch.

Comment

• BAM
      • Sep 2003

Losman was impressive today except for that fumble and safety and a couple errant passes. These things happen though.

Comment

• capitolneal
        • Sep 2003

he looked calm in the pocket the learning curve he gets this yr should have been last yr

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Losman did nothing to jeopardize his position today. He needs to start leading scoring drives in the second half, though.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

By mid-season he'll find absolute poise for the enitre game like he had in the 1st half today.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I wouldn't call his overall performance 'excellent', either. I'd give him a 'C'.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                Losman did nothing to jeopardize his position today. He needs to start leading scoring drives in the second half, though.
                Thats funny, I thought the TEAM needed to score in the 2nd 1/2. Didn't see routes ran hard, Willis didn't impress, The OL Didn't block that well. JP was just about the lone bright spot on the team.

He can't do it all himself.

The job is his, and it should be his all season period

Comment

• Inetpub
                  i'm a tool
                  • Aug 2006

he was ok.

Did nothing to lose his job but really still didnt outshine anyone. Nice safety on his part. I think hes a Pats fan for that one.

sure his completion percentage and QB rating are probably ok(didnt check) but 15/23 and 160 or so yards is fair. I'd like to see 200+ yard games by him. I dont see how we cant get it as this new system hes in is suppose to implement more long bombs.

Overall, he was ok. Kinda sucks for him b/c of the safety. Good first half, crap second half. Needs to be patient and learn how to lead this team to wins.
                  That proves NOTHING about Losman

Comment

• Inetpub
                    i'm a tool
                    • Aug 2006

Thats funny, I thought the TEAM needed to score in the 2nd 1/2. Didn't see routes ran hard, Willis didn't impress, The OL Didn't block that well. JP was just about the lone bright spot on the team.

Agreed with the job should be his.

Disagree with what you said initially. Losman is the QB. Hes the "LEADER" of the offense. If anything, its up to him to lead them to points. Sure the others sucked but really, there was no brightspot when you cough up 2 points that cost you the game when your the leader.

Comment

• Inetpub
                      i'm a tool
                      • Aug 2006

Losman was impressive today except for that fumble and safety and a couple errant passes. These things happen though.
                      LOL.

What position does he play again that a fumble, safety and errant passes are ok and yet still be impressive? Thats a huge double standard. LOL.

Alls good. He was ok today.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129

You're right - that's why I stated he needs to lead, not score by himself.

JP's next step in his development needs to include leading scoring drives after the first 22-25 minutes. It was an MO last year, and it was today also.

BTW - I have yet to see a single post that called for JP being benched, so I think you can drop the 'he should have the job for the entire year regardless' comments for the time being.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                          • Aug 2004

But he also fails to produce under pressure in the second half.

The Pats changed their defense in the 2nd half, bringing more people to the box to stop McGahee. They also brought a lot of different looks and got Losman to hold the ball a ot longer than he did in the first half.

To be honest, I was hoping Losman would run a few times instead of trying to figure out what the coverage was. In the over all scheme of things, it may actaully be helpful to him to suffer it today. Remember even the great Payton Manning suffered confusion at Belichick's hands many times. But Losman does have a weapon that few QBs have: great scramble ability. I have yet to see the first blitzer get Losman down. Those would be the times to use that weapon.

Scrambling is instinctive. I agree with Fairchild in that you don't need to practice scrambling. It's a learning experience for Losman right now. He just learned and found some success to stay a half second longer in the pocket for a play downfield and its better to put ball in the hands of his receivers than in his own hands. But there is a time to make the play yourself.

Nothing has changed my mind about Losman yet. He picked up where he left off from the pre-season, and now he needs to improve just like he did in the pre-season games. More consistent play in all 4 quarters instead of 2 and half quarters will be a nice start.

Comment

• BAM
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Inetpub
                            LOL.

What position does he play again that a fumble, safety and errant passes are ok and yet still be impressive? Thats a huge double standard. LOL.

Alls good. He was ok today.
                            He was a lot more impressive than last year barring the Texans game. I am basing my assessment of him against himself.

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                              I wouldn't call his overall performance 'excellent', either. I'd give him a 'C'.
                              Im willing to go along with your score and follow your hard lined scoring.

No way around no TD throw and a safety. I wont make excuses, his stats speak for themselves.

Overall, I felt he looked just like Holcomb as far as management goes but that he kept the D on their heels with the threat of the long throw.

McGahee ran plenty fo yard with a draw because the Pats D respected our throwing power. Thats new.

Furthermore, I consider the Fowler crappy snap grabbed and thrown for a big play to Reed a MUCH bigger positive play than the safety was a negative one.

JP looked like a bright spot, I switched to Alex Smith to remind myself what a CLUELESS QB looked like.

Id be FAR more concerned about McFarlanes boy McGahee who DIDNT show hes even a top 15 RB in this game than I am about JP who had a SOUND completion percentage.

Comment

Working...
                              X