PDA

View Full Version : JP is our starter!!

HHURRICANE
09-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Excellent job against a good D. He had a better QB rating than Brady. No picks.

X-Era
09-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Excellent job against a good D. He had a better QB rating than Brady. No picks.

No....hes a jack hammer and the reason we lost....::laughter:

Losman will prove his worth by seasons end.

About as many that question him now will question him by years end just watch.

BAM
09-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Losman was impressive today except for that fumble and safety and a couple errant passes. These things happen though.

capitolneal
09-10-2006, 08:24 PM
he looked calm in the pocket the learning curve he gets this yr should have been last yr

YardRat
09-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Losman did nothing to jeopardize his position today. He needs to start leading scoring drives in the second half, though.

RedEyE
09-10-2006, 08:31 PM
By mid-season he'll find absolute poise for the enitre game like he had in the 1st half today.

YardRat
09-10-2006, 08:42 PM
I wouldn't call his overall performance 'excellent', either. I'd give him a 'C'.

ICE74129
09-10-2006, 08:53 PM
Losman did nothing to jeopardize his position today. He needs to start leading scoring drives in the second half, though.

Thats funny, I thought the TEAM needed to score in the 2nd 1/2. Didn't see routes ran hard, Willis didn't impress, The OL Didn't block that well. JP was just about the lone bright spot on the team.

He can't do it all himself.

The job is his, and it should be his all season period

Inetpub
09-10-2006, 08:56 PM
he was ok.

Did nothing to lose his job but really still didnt outshine anyone. Nice safety on his part. I think hes a Pats fan for that one.

sure his completion percentage and QB rating are probably ok(didnt check) but 15/23 and 160 or so yards is fair. I'd like to see 200+ yard games by him. I dont see how we cant get it as this new system hes in is suppose to implement more long bombs.

Overall, he was ok. Kinda sucks for him b/c of the safety. Good first half, crap second half. Needs to be patient and learn how to lead this team to wins.

Inetpub
09-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Thats funny, I thought the TEAM needed to score in the 2nd 1/2. Didn't see routes ran hard, Willis didn't impress, The OL Didn't block that well. JP was just about the lone bright spot on the team.

Agreed with the job should be his.

Disagree with what you said initially. Losman is the QB. Hes the "LEADER" of the offense. If anything, its up to him to lead them to points. Sure the others sucked but really, there was no brightspot when you cough up 2 points that cost you the game when your the leader.

Inetpub
09-10-2006, 09:03 PM
Losman was impressive today except for that fumble and safety and a couple errant passes. These things happen though.

LOL.

What position does he play again that a fumble, safety and errant passes are ok and yet still be impressive? Thats a huge double standard. LOL.

Alls good. He was ok today.

YardRat
09-10-2006, 09:03 PM

You're right - that's why I stated he needs to lead, not score by himself.

JP's next step in his development needs to include leading scoring drives after the first 22-25 minutes. It was an MO last year, and it was today also.

BTW - I have yet to see a single post that called for JP being benched, so I think you can drop the 'he should have the job for the entire year regardless' comments for the time being.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-10-2006, 09:10 PM
But he also fails to produce under pressure in the second half.

The Pats changed their defense in the 2nd half, bringing more people to the box to stop McGahee. They also brought a lot of different looks and got Losman to hold the ball a ot longer than he did in the first half.

To be honest, I was hoping Losman would run a few times instead of trying to figure out what the coverage was. In the over all scheme of things, it may actaully be helpful to him to suffer it today. Remember even the great Payton Manning suffered confusion at Belichick's hands many times. But Losman does have a weapon that few QBs have: great scramble ability. I have yet to see the first blitzer get Losman down. Those would be the times to use that weapon.

Scrambling is instinctive. I agree with Fairchild in that you don't need to practice scrambling. It's a learning experience for Losman right now. He just learned and found some success to stay a half second longer in the pocket for a play downfield and its better to put ball in the hands of his receivers than in his own hands. But there is a time to make the play yourself.

Nothing has changed my mind about Losman yet. He picked up where he left off from the pre-season, and now he needs to improve just like he did in the pre-season games. More consistent play in all 4 quarters instead of 2 and half quarters will be a nice start.

BAM
09-10-2006, 09:13 PM
LOL.

What position does he play again that a fumble, safety and errant passes are ok and yet still be impressive? Thats a huge double standard. LOL.

He was a lot more impressive than last year barring the Texans game. I am basing my assessment of him against himself.

X-Era
09-10-2006, 09:25 PM
I wouldn't call his overall performance 'excellent', either. I'd give him a 'C'.

Im willing to go along with your score and follow your hard lined scoring.

No way around no TD throw and a safety. I wont make excuses, his stats speak for themselves.

Overall, I felt he looked just like Holcomb as far as management goes but that he kept the D on their heels with the threat of the long throw.

McGahee ran plenty fo yard with a draw because the Pats D respected our throwing power. Thats new.

Furthermore, I consider the Fowler crappy snap grabbed and thrown for a big play to Reed a MUCH bigger positive play than the safety was a negative one.

JP looked like a bright spot, I switched to Alex Smith to remind myself what a CLUELESS QB looked like.

Id be FAR more concerned about McFarlanes boy McGahee who DIDNT show hes even a top 15 RB in this game than I am about JP who had a SOUND completion percentage.

X-Era
09-10-2006, 09:29 PM
LOL.

This sure looks like a alias for some severely reputation negative guy like TacklingDummy or Pat even.

Thanks but no thanks, your ridiculous posts, whether new or old are still complete fodder of virtual paper. JP looked just fine. Name a first year TRUE starter who looked better today.

Inetpub
09-10-2006, 09:48 PM
This sure looks like a alias for some severely reputation negative guy like TacklingDummy or Pat even.
Thanks but no thanks, your ridiculous posts, whether new or old are still complete fodder of virtual paper. JP looked just fine
First off, If you READ my post, I was replying to someone saying he was impressive with "fumble, safety and errant passes". THOSE ARE NOT IMPRESSIVE.
Secondly, I said he was ok. Good first half, crap second half. So if your going to be post something, know what your posting about. I didnt bash JP in any way but I dont need to nuthug like yourself.
I liked when I posted this part.

and You typed,

JP looked just fine
Looks sorta the same to me. Not alot of people will read that as bashing anyone. But 99.9 percent of the people reading this forum will read it as that. He was ok. How you read it, I dont know.

Name a first year TRUE starter who looked better today.
Second year starter and his competition today was none at QB. But seeing as you just said TRUE starter, Reggie Bush in his FIRST NFL game ran for 141 yards. Not bad for a kid out of school. So, I'd give the advantage to Reggie there seeing as the Saints also won.

TigerJ
09-10-2006, 11:07 PM
I think JP was at least as good as everyone else on the offense. That means, in my book that the attention needs to shift away from JP and on to getting everyone to perform better. Let's get everyone in sync, reduce the individual mistakes and take steps toward tu8rning the Bills offence into a well oiled machine, the defense too.

ublinkwescore
09-10-2006, 11:13 PM
he was ok.

Did nothing to lose his job but really still didnt outshine anyone. Nice safety on his part. I think hes a Pats fan for that one.

sure his completion percentage and QB rating are probably ok(didnt check) but 15/23 and 160 or so yards is fair. I'd like to see 200+ yard games by him. I dont see how we cant get it as this new system hes in is suppose to implement more long bombs.

Overall, he was ok. Kinda sucks for him b/c of the safety. Good first half, crap second half. Needs to be patient and learn how to lead this team to wins.

I accidentally pos'd you, but you can expect a neg from me in the very near future.

STFU with your first paragraph.

Inetpub
09-11-2006, 12:25 AM
I accidentally pos'd you, but you can expect a neg from me in the very near future.

STFU with your first paragraph.

umm..ya. Are you ******ed or what? my first paragraph was a sarcastic remark for him making an error. ANYONE can make an error! If you noticed in my paragraph,

that was my take on him for the game. Good first half, crappy second half. Sucks he got the safety but overall, he needs to be patient and learn to lead the team to wins.

As for the negative, I'd rather have a negative and know I told the truth than saying JP is god every post. Last time I checked, JP hasnt performed a miracle yet. I wont be calling him god anytime soon. I DONT NUTHUG. I want to see results! Wins would be nice too.

ddaryl
09-11-2006, 12:59 AM
considering we had little run support I thought JP deserved a positive grade.

throughout pre-season and the 1st game of the season he almost looks like a completely different QB. I chalk up the early fumbled snap to nerves, but the way he turned that crappy shotgun snap into a 20 yd gain was sweet.

I thought the play call when we gave up the safety was a a bad call, and the 4th and short. Playing the 3 time defending champs we should of taken the points when we had them IMO. I rolled my eyes when we decided to go for it.

JP is our QB, and I don't think we need to debate it much if anymore. Give this kid the season and hopefully some improved running offense and run defense and will win some games with him.

take away 2 illegal blocks in the back, once on Whitners INT return which would have at least put us in FG range, and then the one that negated a 1st down on a drrve in the 4th and we could have easily won this game. If we take the easy 3 instead of going for it we might have held on to win this one just the same.

We defintiely beat ourselves and it was a team loss, no one player really screwed us IMO. The team in general has room to improve.

But overall very optomisitc. We might just be heading in the right direction.... finally

Inetpub
09-11-2006, 01:08 AM
ddaryl,

Agreed. I think we are headed in a great direction. 2 months ago it would have been different but seeing how the team can hold its own vs the pats is a good sign.

TacklingDummy
09-11-2006, 06:01 AM

Add in his 2 delay of game penalties and his wasting of a timeout and you get why he will never be a above average QB, nor will he ever lead the Bills to a Super Bowl victory.

JP has all the athletic talent in the world but he doesn't have the brain to be a good QB. And you can't teach that.

ICE74129
09-11-2006, 06:10 AM
Add in his 2 delay of game penalties and his wasting of a timeout and you get why he will never be a above average QB, nor will he ever lead the Bills to a Super Bowl victory.

JP has all the athletic talent in the world but he doesn't have the brain to be a good QB. And you can't teach that.

And all of your posts are nothing but idiotic spam.

Philagape
09-11-2006, 07:31 AM
And all of your posts are nothing but idiotic spam.

Please stop quoting them. They have no place in intelligent conversation. It's like trying to have a conversation with a barking dog.

Philagape
09-11-2006, 07:33 AM
Only a non-Bills fan brings up the negative plays -- which every QB has in every game -- in a positive performance. It's spam, and it's incredibly stupid, ******ed idiocy.

HHURRICANE
09-11-2006, 07:51 AM

The snap over his head turned into a gain of 20. Let me ask you if Holcomb, or half the Qb's in the league, had been back there how that wouldn't have been 7 for the other team?

"Excellent" is relative to who he played. No picks. 11 YPA, and he only had 23 attempts. How was he supposed to have a 200+ yard game when he's not doing the play calling?

mybills
09-11-2006, 08:01 AM
Even Belichick likes J.P. :up:
He said he's a "Great athlete."

HHURRICANE
09-11-2006, 08:15 AM
Even Belichick likes J.P. :up:
He said he's a "Great athlete."

LINK

mybills
09-11-2006, 08:16 AM
LINK
I posted it yesterday..from projo.com

justasportsfan
09-11-2006, 08:23 AM
Baby steps. At this point in time I don't expect JP to win us games. I'm just glad he didn't look like a deer in headlights against a team that usually makes qb's like Peyton below average.

If he kkeps this up, I expect him to be better than average by mid-season.

Philagape
09-11-2006, 08:31 AM
Run defense sucked. O-line was inconsistent. Willis was contained. Penalties killed us.

It's because of JP that the score was as close as it was. He saved us at times. He got rid of the ball under pressure (unfortunately, one time he didn't cost us points).

Also, the fact that Evans was shut down shows that JP is more than a one-dimensional QB. He was forced to check down a lot, and his accuracy was still good. That was a knock on him.