• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

How the Pats won

It wasn't that we went for it and didn't make it. We couldn't stop the run at all. The defense let some rookie run all over them. It wasn't even as if brady was killing us with the passing. It was when the run was successful for NE that Brady made big plays to Watson, etc. They could have put all men in the box and stuffed the run. Who was going to burn our corners?? Nobody. I think that going into this game they gave brady was too much credit. He lacked the weapons to beat you with his arm alone. It wasn't until he was able to get big running plays that the defense starting respecting the run and it allowed brady to make plays. I knew going into this game that this team would have a hard shot, but after the way they started off and lead 17-7, it has to make your head spin at how the team kept NE in the game and just didn't put the game away. This team was good enough to beat NE today, and they just couldn't do it.
  • LABillsFan
    • Aug 2002

Re: How the Pats won

Let it go
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

This is probably how our season is going to go. We really look good but our run defense finishes us off.

Comment

• LABillsFan
        • Aug 2002

I think they concentrated one one aspect, the passing game. They bent but didn't break for most of the game. It was NE's D that turned the game around. They got a few breaks and gained confidence. We see that every year.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by LABillsFan
          I think they concentrated one one aspect, the passing game. They bent but didn't break for most of the game. It was NE's D that turned the game around. They got a few breaks and gained confidence. We see that every year.
          They we're at home and played better in the second half but I wouldn't say we cannot make adjustments nor learn from today.

Comment

• LABillsFan
            • Aug 2002

I think the team found out a lot today, including how they can use the rookies. What did JP do better at, how the line did. I think the adjustments came, but they committed to many errors in the 2nd half. We'll see in the Miami game what how they respond.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
              • Sep 2003

To me, again, the difference is summed up like this:

4th down conversions. Us: 0/1. Them: 2/2.
              "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by LABillsFan
                I think the team found out a lot today, including how they can use the rookies. What did JP do better at, how the line did. I think the adjustments came, but they committed to many errors in the 2nd half. We'll see in the Miami game what how they respond.
                word.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                  • Aug 2002

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                  To me, again, the difference is summed up like this:

4th down conversions. Us: 0/1. Them: 2/2.
                  Definitly a swing point. The deciding factor? No. Penalties, dropped passes and not capitalizing more in the 1st half. Balls were tipped, Royal had a couple of breakdowns, the interior D line. While there were a lot of bright spots, the penalty on the INT can be just as blamed, JP not getting rid of the ball and getting sacked in the end zone. Good teams find ways to win.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                    • Apr 2005

Crowell got scorched for beat for both TDs and the big play to Watson, we didnt stop the run, we didnt convert on a big 4th down, and we stopped using Mcgahee. Thats why we lost.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Aug 2004

There were a lot of reasons why the Bills lost, not just one play or facet of the game. IMHO you could summarize those reasons quite simply: this is a young team that still has not learned how to win close games like this one against a quality opponent.

That is something that this team and its players needs to learn how to do if it is going to become a winning team with a successful future. Hopefully they will learn that at some point during the course of this season.
                      Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

Working...
                      X