PDA

View Full Version : Question for mybills and Skooby

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Both of you spent the past two weeks talking about how the Patriots are not that good- it's all Vinatieri, they lost their coordinators, they have no receivers, Dillon is old, etc, etc.

Today, the Bills ALMOST beat the Patriots. And both of you used that as justification for how much the Bills have improved and how they're going to have a good season, etc.

Explain this to me: How do you derive confidence in the Bills for ALMOST beating a team that you say isn't very good?

DISCLAIMER: I think the Bills showed some definite positive signs despite the loss- I'm just trying to understand how these two came to the conclusion that almost beating a bad team makes us good.

honey
09-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Op. Let it go, son. Seriously. :smile:

Kerr
09-10-2006, 09:30 PM
Both of you spent the past two weeks talking about how the Patriots are not that good- it's all Vinatieri, they lost their coordinators, they have no receivers, Dillon is old, etc, etc.

Today, the Bills ALMOST beat the Patriots. And both of you used that as justification for how much the Bills have improved and how they're going to have a good season, etc.

Explain this to me: How do you derive confidence in the Bills for ALMOST beating a team that you say isn't very good?

DISCLAIMER: I think the Bills showed some definite positive signs despite the loss- I'm just trying to understand how these two came to the conclusion that almost beating a bad team makes us good.

did she just call you, sonny?

honey
09-10-2006, 09:32 PM
did she just call you, sonny?

Are you a vegan?

Dozerdog
09-10-2006, 09:34 PM
http://www.assistireland.ie/uploadedfiles/Product_Images/Eating/Cups,_Mugs,_Glasses/Drinking_Straws_(PRO)_1250.jpg

Start grasping, OP

Mr. Cynical
09-10-2006, 09:36 PM

While some will just say you're being a wet blanket, I agree with your logic. You can't have it both ways - either a) we almost beat a great team, or b) we almost beat a team in decline. A > B.

Kerr
09-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Are you a vegan?

wth does have to do with anything?

X-Era
09-10-2006, 09:44 PM

Fair question, I agree we should get an answer.

If your gonna blast away with reckless abandon, why not question your comments with reckless abandon.

Op, at least amkes strong arguements. I dont always agree with his opinion but the facts are rarely wrong.

Facts dont always work in our favor.

If your going to put up lots of talk, back it up when you cant walk the walk.

If nothing else admit when you were wrong. Its a sign that your trust worthy and human, which by definition is imperfect.

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 09:45 PM
http://www.assistireland.ie/uploadedfiles/Product_Images/Eating/Cups,_Mugs,_Glasses/Drinking_Straws_(PRO)_1250.jpg

Start grasping, OP

Look, I'm not denying that the Bills showed some positive signs in this game.

But these two have a serious flaw in their logic. Don't try to put that back on me.

Mitchy moo
09-10-2006, 09:51 PM

Op, we we're supposed to lose by 10 according to the odds makers and some here. We didn't have a chance to win according to many here, regardless of their supposed loyalties and we came out and on the first play & TKO set us up early for a TD. TKO didn't play a whole lot after that so who knows what would of happened there. I never said that NE wasn't very good, I said they we're exploitable in many regards unlike previous years. We have some issues and they have some issues, the games become more manageable and we have a chance to win. Even the Bills in the early 90's had issues but how they overcame them determined how we did. I liked our chances today and you claimed we had no chance, who was more right?

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Op, we we're supposed to lose by 10 according to the odds makers and some here. We didn't have a chance to win according to many here, regardless of their supposed loyalties and we came out and on the first play & TKO set us up early for a TD. I never said that NE wasn't very good, I said they we're exploitable in many regards unlike previous years. We have some issues and they have some issues, the games become more manageable and we have a chance to win. Even the Bills in the early 90's had issues but how they overcame them determined how we did. I liked our chances today and you claimed we had no chance, who was more right?

I will admit that I was wrong- the Bills hung in there much better than I expected them to.

I seem to recall you being harsher on NE than you're claiming now- I just tried to search to settle this but searching is disabled. Either way, if you say NE is on the decline, it still makes it impossible to come to conclusions about the Bills because it's a double variable scenario. The Bills played the Patriots tougher than they have over the last 3 seasons (except that one game at the start of 03), but how much of this is due to the Bills improving and how much is due to the Patriots declining?

X-Era
09-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Op, we we're supposed to lose by 10 according to the odds makers and some here. We didn't have a chance to win according to many here, regardless of their supposed loyalties and we came out and on the first play & TKO set us up early for a TD. I never said that NE wasn't very good, I said they we're exploitable in many regards unlike previous years. We have some issues and they have some issues, the games become more manageable and we have a chance to win. Even the Bills in the early 90's had issues but how they overcame them determined how we did. I liked our chances today and you claimed we had no chance, who was more right?

On their worst day the Pats are still winners of 3 of the last 5 SB's and we just played in THEIR house.

Thats not worth a little, its worth ALOT.

I was leaning toward thinking they werent season ready, but lets leave that for the media, this is a BELICHECK team and we know better.

I also wondered if they merely hadnt seen our O or D before since we have new schemes. That might explain a half worth of sound beating. Id liek to say Im wrong, but I dont have proof that Im not.

Thats why I find our NEXT few games critical. If we can do the same, which is against lesser foes, we shooudl win and more importantly prove that our showing against the Pats was no fluke or just an adjustment to a new scheme.

I want to see us sustain this level of play. I honestly dont want anything more on D, well lets backup, I dont think we NEED anything more on D, I will always want more. On O, I want us to show we can move the chains on anyone and that we can THROW and RUN TD's in any game.

I want no let down after a big loss when we could have won.

Mitchy moo
09-10-2006, 10:03 PM
I will admit that I was wrong- the Bills hung in there much better than I expected them to.

I seem to recall you being harsher on NE than you're claiming now- I just tried to search to settle this but searching is disabled. Either way, if you say NE is on the decline, it still makes it impossible to come to conclusions about the Bills because it's a double variable scenario. The Bills played the Patriots tougher than they have over the last 3 seasons (except that one game at the start of 03), but how much of this is due to the Bills improving and how much is due to the Patriots declining?

It's a impossible mix to determine right now OP but I appreciate the nod either way. You are a very objective poster and regardless of who is right or wrong, we both want the Bills to win.

Mitchy moo
09-10-2006, 10:09 PM
On their worst day the Pats are still winners of 3 of the last 5 SB's and we just played in THEIR house.

Thats not worth a little, its worth ALOT.

I was leaning toward thinking they werent season ready, but lets leave that for the media, this is a BELICHECK team and we know better.

I also wondered if they merely hadnt seen our O or D before since we have new schemes. That might explain a half worth of sound beating. Id liek to say Im wrong, but I dont have proof that Im not.

Thats why I find our NEXT few games critical. If we can do the same, which is against lesser foes, we shooudl win and more importantly prove that our showing against the Pats was no fluke or just an adjustment to a new scheme.

I want to see us sustain this level of play. I honestly dont want anything more on D, well lets backup, I dont think we NEED anything more on D, I will always want more. On O, I want us to show we can move the chains on anyone and that we can THROW and RUN TD's in any game.

I want no let down after a big loss when we could have won.

Nice post JP, we are going to score this year. I think we showed today that we can mix it up and confuse our opponents, we have weapons all over. How many different receivers did JP find today, multiple. JP's poise really showed up today and he lost no balls or had any INT's which is a big step the right way.

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 10:10 PM
we both want the Bills to win.

for once, I agree with you.