PDA

View Full Version : Our new set of safeties.

Tatonka
09-10-2006, 09:28 PM
i say leave Ko and Dante in there.. i liked what i saw.

god please get spikes back on the field though.

YardRat
09-10-2006, 09:30 PM
That's going to be our starting tandem sooner rather than later.

lordofgun
09-10-2006, 09:30 PM
I agree, leave them in there. I loved seeing the future of the team out there today, and they played very well for the most part.

Whitner should have obviously had a TD...he's a big-time playmaker.

X-Era
09-10-2006, 09:32 PM

COMPLETELY agree, Wire has had his chance and Vincent was FAR from even good last year. BOTH made plays when they were in there and in NO way assisted us in a defeat. I was happily impressed with Whitner blasting Maroney for a short gain after watching Wire get tied up in his block while letting Maroney run for over 10.

Devin
09-10-2006, 09:32 PM
I agree, the more playing time the better. McGee-Simpson-Whitner are gonna be a great secondary for many years to come.

LABillsFan
09-10-2006, 09:35 PM
I have to agree as well, we know we can go 6-10 with Vincent Clements and Wire should be strictly on ST or off the team. Show me the future for I have seen the past and present and it gives me indigestion.

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 09:51 PM
I have to agree with this as well, although I wouldn't be opposed to Simpson sharing time with Vincent if Vincent is healthy, just for the experience factor.

The Pats were hurting at WR, but they've been hurting at WR before and it never slowed them down. Our rookies did a good job against a passing team and we'll only benefit from leaving them on the field.

ShadowHawk7
09-10-2006, 09:58 PM
I'd like to start Vincent until maybe midseason, but Whitner/Simpson DID look good. Wire continues to be garbage. I want to see a play from clements/Greer/Thomas

Mr. Cynical
09-10-2006, 11:59 PM

agreed..

wire is ST material and vincent is broadcaster material.

Marvelous
09-11-2006, 12:55 AM
I want to remind everyone who wants Vincent to share time , or to start etc to consider how awful his tackling & speed have become.. And he takes poor angles for someone with his experience... It's very unfortunate that we never really got our moneys worth out of him. He was very productive his last couple seasons in Philly... I say let Simpson play unless he starts getting toasted or run over..Which i doubt...The kid showed me some good, sound tackling today. :up:

LifetimeBillsFan
09-11-2006, 03:21 AM
It doesn't seem like we're going to have to worry about Vincent this coming week--and perhaps for longer--because apparently he tweaked the hamstring problem that limited him in training camp. Which is likely to mean that Simpson will see a lot, if not all, of the playing time next week and perhaps beyond. If that does turn out to be the case and Vincent has to miss a couple of games, he may find it hard to get a lot of playing time when he gets back to full strength. Like Whitner, Simpson looks like a quick learner.

Wire may see some playing time, at least until Bowen gets back from his injury, but I think his starting days are over after the way he and Whitner played against the Pats. Whitner still has a lot to learn and made some glaring mistakes in the game, but, as advertised, he seemed to always be around the ball, even when he got beat. And, he looks like he really does have the potential to be a playmaker--that was a really nice play that he made to get the INT.

Whitner and Simpson still have a lot to learn and will make mistakes and get beat from time to time--and maybe even cost the Bills a game or two as a result--while they are learning. But, they looked like two guys who can become really fine players in the NFL for the Bills. If the Bills can consistently generate a decent pass-rush, they have the makings of a very nice pass defense--as this season goes on and not just in the future. And, it was really nice to see that on Sunday.