PDA

View Full Version : Question for all doubters

Mitchy moo
09-10-2006, 10:35 PM
After watching the game today, do you think that the Bills can win more games than the 4-6 being predicted by some?

LABillsFan
09-10-2006, 10:44 PM
After watching the game today, do you think that the Bills can win more games than the 4-6 being predicted by some?

I think it's a fair assesment, although 4 is too low. 5-7.

Mitchy moo
09-10-2006, 10:47 PM
I think it's a fair assesment, although 4 is too low. 5-7.

Can you name the other 9-11 losses? I don't see us losing alot of games with what I have seen today.

LABillsFan
09-10-2006, 10:55 PM
Going on the traditional 2nd half collapse, a new OLine that is going to need at least 4 games to start geling, a QB who still is not going to be looked to with the game, an RB who still has to have holes opened up for him, Rookies in the 2ndary, Clements tackling limitations, the middle of the D line, who knows if TKO's injury is going to be nagging him all year, Wire filling in? Do I really need to take a look at the schedule? If we play Minn, 8 times this year and Cleveland the other 8 maybe I would say 8-10 wins. NE (2) is still better than us, Miami (split maybe) NYJ (Split maybe) is a tad better, Chic, Indy, SD, Balt, Jacksonville thats 10, Houston winning wouldn't suprize me either, though I don't think that will happen.

LABillsFan
09-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Not bagging on the team, just not worked up about how well they will or will not do,

OpIv37
09-10-2006, 10:59 PM
honestly, I don't know what to think anymore.

This team showed a lot more talent than I was expecting.

They also showed a propensity to make major mistakes.

If they start gelling and getting it together early in the season, 8-9 wins may not be outside the realm of possibility.
But if they continue to make the type of mistakes they made against NE, they aren't going to beat too many teams.

LABillsFan
09-10-2006, 11:01 PM

If they start gelling and getting it together early in the season, 8-9 wins may not be outside the realm of possibility.
But if they continue to make the type of mistakes they made against NE, they aren't going to beat too many teams.

I agree, it's a marathon, not a sprint and they need to learn to over come mistakes ( like NE did today)

ublinkwescore
09-10-2006, 11:08 PM

I had to groan you because you thanked somebody who pegged us as "Collapsing in the second half"

that wasn't us collapsing, that was the refs doing their usual patriot brown-nosing - and it's getting really REALLY F***ING OLD.

LABillsFan
09-10-2006, 11:19 PM
I had to groan you because you thanked somebody who pegged us as "Collapsing in the second half"

that wasn't us collapsing, that was the refs doing their usual patriot brown-nosing - and it's getting really REALLY F***ING OLD.

Where was the "collapse in the second half" written? Oh that was me. I won't take back what I said, but to get shut out, commit those penalties, not being able to stop a tired and somewhat beaten NE team, maybe faultered would be a better word. But then if it was Mia that this happened to, I'm sure Collapse would be thrown out there oh 1 or 1,000 times. The Bills need to win to change the cycle. Pure and simple.

SABURZFAN
09-10-2006, 11:42 PM

it's possible but a young team usually makes a lot of mistakes.

Mr. Cynical
09-10-2006, 11:53 PM

Nope. As I mentioned before, we beat a fully functional, SB champion bound Pats team 31-0 in 2003 and ended up 6-10, and I don't think this team is any better (except for JP, and maybe WM, although TH did have 1,300+ yards that year)

Coaching and both lines still suck and will keep this team from getting to .500 IMHO.