• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

What the hell happend??

When we intercepted the ball?

Ran it for a TD, then it was called back.. wtf call was it and HOW the hell did new england only get one penalty? And their lone damn penalty was 12th man in the huddle.. it's like the refs were like "ok well we have to have at least one penalty against you guys so have an extra man go out there real quick so it wont look too suspicious in the end, now you can zip up your pants too coach, im done thank you".

But yeah if anyone could answer my question it would be spectacular, much love brotha's.
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: What the hell happend??

It should have never been whistled, but we got called for Illegal block in the back on the return.

2 penalties in the 4th killed our chance at victory IMO.

A 3rd down pass to Peerless for a 1st down was called back for an Illegal block in the back by Royal. Another block in the back penalty on the Whitner INT return that would have easily had us in FG range.

the team beat themselves as a team. There was no one individual that lost this game for us.
    Last edited by ddaryl; 09-11-2006, 02:51 AM.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
      It should have never been whistled

you got that right.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ddaryl
        It should have never been whistled, but we got called for Illegal block in the back on the return.

2 penalties in the 4th killed our chance at victory IMO.

A 3rd down pass to Peerless for a 1st down was called back for an Illegal block in the back by Royal.

the team beat themselves as a team. There was no one individual that lost this game for us.
        I agree.

I don't think either of those penalties should have been called. I got a chance to watch part or all of 6 games today and saw similar contact on three separate plays in those games and in not a single one of those instances was a flag thrown. That's what I am so mad about!

I know I got heat from some Bills fans for saying for some time now that their record might not reflect their overall improvement this season, but this was the kind of game that I was talking about. True, the Bills made a lot of mistakes and did some things (like stopping the run) poorly at times in this game, but, overall, they played harder, better and more competitively than last year's team in many of its games. Still, they lost--not because of any one individual or because they don't have a lot of talent or because they didn't put out the effort, but because they are a team who hasn't learned how to win games like this yet. Dick Jauron admitted as much in his post-game remarks when he said that they couldn't finish the game. That's something that teams that haven't won a lot and especially young teams, like the Bills, have to learn. It is a critical element in the process of developing a winning football team and it takes time. But, until a young football team learns how to win, they are going to have games like this one--where they let a game that they should win against a good opponent slip out of their grasp.

Still, just being able to be in such a game, so early in the season, is going to be good for this young Bills team (and when I call them a young team, at one point in the second half the Bills had five rookies on the field on defense at the same time, that's what I mean about them being young!). Because losses like this are, on the one hand so positive in many ways, but, on the other, so maddeningly frustrating, it will make young guys with character more determined to learn from their mistakes so that they don't lose like this again (they probably still will, but it will motivate them to do so less often). And, ultimately, that will serve to help this team mature and become better that much quicker. Having a game like this right out of the chute will let these young Bills know that, yes, they can compete with the best in the NFL, but that they have to learn how to avoid the mistakes that cost them this game and how to win these kinds of games in the NFL. And, from the looks of things on Sunday in Foxboro, I think they will.
        Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
          When we intercepted the ball?

Ran it for a TD, then it was called back.. wtf call was it and HOW the hell did new england only get one penalty? And their lone damn penalty was 12th man in the huddle.. it's like the refs were like "ok well we have to have at least one penalty against you guys so have an extra man go out there real quick so it wont look too suspicious in the end, now you can zip up your pants too coach, im done thank you".

But yeah if anyone could answer my question it would be spectacular, much love brotha's.
          J.P. wouldn't have been in the endzone had they flagged NE off side.
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
          X