X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onceproudbillsfan
    • Dec 2005

The Whitner Interception

Its funny ive watched espn and nfl network highlights last night and neither one shows Whitner intercepting Bradys pass. I dont know if they are trying to cover the refs ***es or if they just dont want to show that Brady isnt the best qb that makes no mistakes. This play could have been big without the controversial call.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: The Whitner Interception

ESPN caters to big markets now, as it is the big markets that have the larger populations and in return give advertisers the a better opportunity to get there products seen. So when it's time to cut out the high lights you can bet small market teams that aren't bonafide playoff contenders get there highlights cut. Since ESPN is about 80% owned by Disney who is a public company traded on the stockmarket, it's there job to maximize shareholder value and profits, not be fair in there reporting and cater to smaller market needs IMO. Why do you think ESPN gives the NHL the major shaft?

then there is my 2nd theory that says big markets owners like Snyder, and Jones have it in for Buffalo and Ralph and are buttering up ESPN with incentives to play down anything Buffalo.

and of course since there were some questionable calls favoring NE they wouldn't want that to distract anyone from there love affair with Brady and Co.

All more reason to not really support ESPN if you can avoid it IMO.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by onceproudbillsfan
      Its funny ive watched espn and nfl network highlights last night and neither one shows Whitner intercepting Bradys pass. I dont know if they are trying to cover the refs ***es or if they just dont want to show that Brady isnt the best qb that makes no mistakes. This play could have been big without the controversial call.
      I noticed this, too. Even on ESPN's NFL Blitz where they showed several highlights from all of the games, they chose to show Dillon's 4th down conversion that allowed the Pats to run out the clock without even a mention of the Whitner interception or the penalty that negated the TD that would have given the Bills the lead. The networks that cover the NFL are all very careful not to be too critical of the refs or show plays where the calls were controversial, but that was a HUGE play that impacted the score and perhaps the outcome of the game.

I think you have touched on both reasons for why we are not likely to see or hear any mention of that play, though.
      Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by onceproudbillsfan
        How convenient. ESPN is an entertainment business with conflicts of interest, not a sports journalism channel.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
          • Aug 2003

I had the Denver STL game in my market, I expected a highlight when the Bills scored their first TD, CBS didnt come wit ha Highlight of the Bills Pats game until the Pats scored and didnt even bother to show the TD the Bills scored just said the game was 7-7

Comment

• kinigirly
            • Sep 2005

all i've seen on tv and read on the internet is "patriots handle the pressure better than jp losman" what?! every single story i read was 95% what the patriots did and the last 5% of the story was on the bills mistakes. people don't want to like us and never will

Comment

• ublinkwescore
              Sab and TD are insignificant
              • Sep 2002

You guys know what - it's truly TRULY tragic, but I don't see the Bills surviving in Buffalo too much longer - It's because of the NFL and it's interests and those of TV Networks that cover the NFL. they're all too busy going after the almighty dollar instead of what this sport should truely be about - fair competition and any given sunday and stuff like that - but that's all gone now.
              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
                How convenient. ESPN is an entertainment business with conflicts of interest, not a sports journalism channel.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

We won't get any respect until we begin to win consistently again, and even then it will be minimal.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

Maybe if the Bills had won more than 20 games total in the past 3 years, they'd get some media coverage. Until they stop sucking, nobody will care, besides Bills fans, what they do.

Comment

• Devin
                      The Octagon
                      • Apr 2003

I just wanted to see Ngata's 60 yard INT return, they still havent shown it on NFL network.
                      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                        • Aug 2003

It was on there on their highlight show

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                          Maybe if the Bills had won more than 20 games total in the past 3 years, they'd get some media coverage. Until they stop sucking, nobody will care, besides Bills fans, what they do.
                          I agree, but it was a critical part of the game that should have been covered in the highlights.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            We won't get any respect until we begin to win consistently again, and even then it will be minimal.
                            It's gonna be really hard to do that with the refs in Bob Kraft's pockets.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
                              • Aug 2005

This league really is getting ridiculous at this point with media coverage, and how obviously they play favorites. It makes it very hard to pull that 50 bucks out of your pocket for each home game.
                              SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X