• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

I'm way more disturbed by...

JP's inability to get out of the end zone on that safety than I am about going for it on 4th and one.

He had one guy fly by him. He should have put his head down and bulled forward out of the end zone, not run sideways.

There are at least 3 times per game where he doesn't have a clue about where the rush is coming from and gets blasted.
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: I'm way more disturbed by...

And the 2 delay of game penalties and wasted time out in the 2nd half fall on JPs shoulders as well.

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
      JP's inability to get out of the end zone on that safety than I am about going for it on 4th and one.
      Maybe he was blown away that they didn't call NE for off sides. I know I was. Had they thrown the flag, he wouldn't have been there to begin with.
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

I'm way more disturbed that our line was a sieve and he was overwhelmed. It showed presence of mind just to protect the ball. Most veteran QBs would have done the same thing. When you're about to be killed, I'm not going to gripe about the angle of his running.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
          I'm way more disturbed that our line was a sieve and he was overwhelmed. It showed presence of mind just to protect the ball. Most veteran QBs would have done the same thing. When you're about to be killed, I'm not going to gripe about the angle of his running.
          On 3rd and long, when you have a guy fly by you when you are in the end zone, a real QB would just get out of the end zone, not think he's going to still complete a pass.

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

He protected the football.

I consider that a positive EE...especially after the preseason he just had.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Most QBs with a brain would have thrown the ball away or got out or the endzone.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billsology
                He protected the football.

I consider that a positive EE...especially after the preseason he just had.
                If it were the first guy who got him, maybe I'd give him a pass. But when the first guy missed him, alarm bells should be going off in his head to get the f out of the end zone. He should have gone forward, not sideways.

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Timewise, how long did the play take? The time between the first rusher and the second rusher was what, a fraction of a second? He had no chance. The rusher was running full speed, and JP wasn't. No chance to escape.

The bias is evident, as it has been all along.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Chalk it up to inexperience, guys. JP did very well over all yesterday, without any turnovers other than that safety. Yes it cost us the game, but there were also many other things that led up to that as well. The defense choking for one.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                      Timewise, how long did the play take? The time between the first rusher and the second rusher was what, a fraction of a second? He had no chance. The rusher was running full speed, and JP wasn't. No chance to escape.

The bias is evident, as it has been all along.
                      He had time to take 2-3 steps sideways. If he took 2 steps forward, there would have been no safety.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

How appropriate the phrase armchair QB is right now. He's running for his life, no time to think, and couch potatoes gripe about the angle of his scrambling. That's a lot to ask of a veteran, much more someone of JP's experience.

And given the fact that NE was on our 20 with 2 minutes left, if the safety had not happened, they still would have won. The safety is way down on the list of reasons we lost.

It takes a lot of JP hate to harp on a negative when it was outweighed and outnumbered by the positives.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

The failed 4th and one happened with abour 10:00 to go in the third.

After that, the Bills had the ball three times for 4:30 (of the last 25:00 of the game!!) where JP was 1 of 3 for 10 yards with 2 sacks, one of which was the safety.

Where are the positives here?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

Also, if you look at the replay, McGahee had blocked Seymour right in front of JP. He had little or no room to step forward.
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

The three attempts are why we lost, thanks to the run D. Give JP more attempts, and there are more chances to win.

It's because of JP that the score was as close as it was. He saved us at times. Run defense sucked. O-line was inconsistent. Willis was contained. Penalties killed us.

More often than not, he got rid of the ball under pressure (unfortunately, one time he didn't cost us points).

Also, the fact that Evans was shut down shows that JP is more than a one-dimensional QB. He was forced to check down a lot, and his accuracy was still good. That was a knock on him.

Given the circumstances, it was JP's best game yet. He relied on mental skill as much as physical. Of course it wasn't perfect, and one of his few mistakes came at a very bad time.

He is unquestionably improving and has a bright future. We almost won at NE with him at the helm. That's better than what was expected.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X